thoughts about piercings? (other than ears)

Options

Replies

• NakeshiaB
    NakeshiaB Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Definitely not for me. But do what you want, people. (Excluding face tattoos. Never ok.)

What if a facial tattoo is part of your culture that stems back thousands of years? To Maori, Ta Moko (facial and body tattoo) is a very important part of their heritage and I think quite OK for someone embracing their culture.

Personally I'm fine with piercings, though some people forgot the bigger holes will stay their forever (i.e. stretching) and have several tattoos myself. It's the same as clothing really, as long as what you wear is not directly and obviously offensive to anyone then go for gold!
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I have an all white ink tattoo of a dove on my forearm, some vines on my back, and a navel piercing. I want more tattoos... The white one is my fav, it showed up really well. Thought about a nose one, but... I'm getting a lil too old to rock it.

Lol nose piercing that is.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I have a belly ring and I totally love having an extra place for jewelry, but I've had it for a long time and as far as piercings go I think the belly is pretty tame compared to what's available.
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    If you are a woman that has not had a baby and plan on it. They hurt and they leave terrible scars! Yuck!

my navel piercing and nipple piercings have lived through two pregnancies and are no worse for wear.

Me too
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    One of the businesses that didn't sink during the recent recessions were tattoo removal services. It is still an exploding business. That should be enough said. But.... having grown up in San Diego with all the navy personnel, old tattoos are frankly ugly and some are outdated and will date you. In addition, my husband won't hire anyone with a visible tattoo. He has had many moms say, "You are the person, I am telling my kids about".

To each their own right? But I do know telling someone they aren't qualified for a job based on apperance is kind of... petty.

I mean I was told that i would never find a job and I have found 2 (one I was at for 8 years) and the one I am currently at. I have had piercings and tattoos for at least that long and my employers have all seen me as an added value to their staff. But then again some people look at the resume and skills and not the outwards apperance.

Would you elect a president of the US with sleeves? Give him your retirement savings to invest? Trust him to deliver your baby? If you honestly say yes, you are truly an open-minded individual - more so than 95% or more of our country.

I would. What he or she has on their body doesn't affect me at all. As long as they don't have anything offenseive, I don't have a problem with it. For all you know, that banker sitting across from you rocking the suit could have sleeves, but you'd have no idea because of the dress code.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    To each their own.

I have only my ears pierced. I have always wanted my belly button pierced when I lose weight. However, I started second guessing if I really want one. I know a lot of poeple who got infections there and after my sister's pregnancies, she looks like she has two belly buttons (but then again, she did tell me that it was becuase she didn't remove during pregnancy.)

I didn't have any problems with my belly ring through two pregnancies, but I did remove the ring when my belly got so big it was starting to pull and be uncomfortable. I didn't know leaving it in would actually cause a permanent problem, but I gained 50 lbs, so being comfortable was my main goal at that time.
  • MrsBikiniBound
    Options
    I used to have a few piercings during high school and college, it was fun but when i graduated and started working i ended up taking my facial piercings out because it was hard to have a job and the retainers were a pain in the *kitten*. As for tattoos, I have one and i really like it. Its all about personal preference :)
  • frood
    frood Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Would you elect a president of the US with sleeves? Give him your retirement savings to invest? Trust him to deliver your baby? If you honestly say yes, you are truly an open-minded individual - more so than 95% or more of our country.
    My gyn. has a really colorful chest tattoo. I'm actually having a hard time imagining not trusting her, especially over a tattoo.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I'm always amazed women can get their nipples piereced. OUCH! Mine are so sensitive I think I'd jump 50 feet in the air as soon as the needle touched the skin. Nethers maybe but nipples...oweee!

Didnt it hurt for like ever?
  • xXxHBICxXx
    xXxHBICxXx Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Personal preference I think some tattoos and piercings are really cute/badass then I think some just look like *kitten*. Depends on the person, the tattoo and the piercing for me.
  • OliveDouglas
    Options
    I love piercings and tattoos...I only have my ears pierced, but I have 8 tattoos. My personal preference on tattoos, is only get them if they mean something. Mine signify something that happened in my life or memorials for people. Don't just pick something off the wall, you'll regret it sooner or later.
  • unapologetically_crystal
    Options
    i like them. i do feel like they aren't for everyone.. but to each their own like others have stated. its THEIR body. if you dont like it. close your eyes? your opinion doesnt matter to them. i dont like how people are judged for piercings or tattoos. when you judge them its just your ignorance. you dont know their story and to them its beauty.

ive had my tongue pierced (judgement on that is so lame. im not a dirty girl. im a good girl. i had it four years because i wanted it & i thought it was cool... but decided to take it out for various reasons.. one definitely had to do with how popular it became and how others with it gave it a bad rap because they themselves did stuff like play with it and whatever.. plus its bad for your teeth. but i would totally do it all over again for the experience). i also had an industrial ear piercing (barbell through the ear) that i absolutely loved but it didnt heal well.. so then i was "over" piercings.. except now i would really like a nose ring and if i was ever super duper slim i might want my belly pierced.. i also like tattoos and i have three and might want even more one day.

now i want to repeat that i would do any of it again for the experience.. because to me.. each and every time was a great life experience for me.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I live in Austin so either or is an every day/everyone thing. I myself just have my tongue pierced aside from the normal earlobes. A tattoo is on the agenda.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Pierced nips are hot on most ladies.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Non-ear piercings and tattoos are ugly and look trashy. That's just my opinion. Plenty of my friends have tattoos and one or two have non-ear piercings, that's their call. I just wouldn't get one if you paid me!

ok, you refer to tattoos looking ugly and trashy, yes that is your opinion.....but what made you come to that conclusion?

i have plenty of tattoos.....NONE of them look trashy or ugly....they all have a meaning behind them....and yes, i have piercings other than my ears, but they don't make me any less of a person (trashy or ugly). maybe come up with other words to describe them next time you post something.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Depends on the individual, their personality, how confident they are with it etc etc I wouldn't define it as good or bad. Although, for my tastes, tons of piercings (maybe 10+) can not look that great. Although I don't really like putting a number on it, as I'm sure I'll see exceptions in my life.

I have 4 (if you count the ears as 2), 3 if you don't.

-Ear lobes
    -Top part of my left ear
    -Belly
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    piercings make women hotter
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Depends on where and what :)

I have a monroe (lip) piercing, nose piercing and navel piercing.

As for tattoo's I have 3. Two in arabic on my arm (follow your heart on my inner right arm, strength on my right wrist) and a quite large scarab tattoo with horus wings holding s sun with an ankh in it. So you can't really see them unless I wear short sleeves and hot pants lol.
  • mslate37
    mslate37 Posts: 130
    Options
    I had my right nipple pierced. Choose to take it out due to potential injury. The suspenders on firefighter turnout gear kept catching it, as I had a barbell and not a ring. Took it out before it got ripped out.
  • Cshelton8867
    Options
    I believe your body is a canvas, and the only obstacle should be whether you want to decorate it. You could always start out small and find out what yu enjoy