Ladies, don't be afraid of lifting heavy (pic)!

Options

Replies

• rcalvert1
    rcalvert1 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    great results!
  • ktbazzy
    ktbazzy Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • admmommy
    admmommy Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I agree and thought I would share this quote:

"The myth that women shouldn't lift heavy is only perpetrated by women who fear work and men who fear women."

I completely agree!
  • cmae1020
    Options
    You look amazing! Thanks for sharing! I love lifting and this is
    definitely the motivation I needed to keep going!!
  • aylawill
    Options
    Way to go! You look amazing!
  • jencjeffery
    jencjeffery Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have started the NROLW but think the nutrition bit will be really hard. Did you follow the nutrition part of the book?
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    That's GREAT!! Who woulda thunk that a mere two pounds would look that different!

Thanks for the pics and congrats on what you have done!
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 2 of Strong Lifts. I hope I see change like that by week 6! What weights were you doing around the time you took the "after" picture? Squat, bench press, barbell row, overhead press & deadlift?
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    YAYYAAYYY all women should lift heavy :) I did 30 DS then turbofire then NROLFW and now Stronglifts as well :) We're like the same lol. I should post a success soon too to try and encourage lifting. It's just so much fun!!! LOVE the gym and love barbells and lifting!! I get so excited when I hit new highs.

Congrats to you for hitting 40% protein!!!!! I can barely hit my 30% I gotta start trying harder :)
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Only 6 weeks of Stronglifts?! Thats awesome! You look great!
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Lifting heavy is how all human beings will look and feel better! :love:
  • jdaley90
    jdaley90 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    You rock! I love heavy lifting!!
  • katrwal
    katrwal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting that... was debating between SL5x5 & NROLFW - was leaning toward SL5x5 because they have an app (yes, i'm addicted...) - and other posters are right -you rock!
  • RychelleD
    RychelleD Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    wow! Thanks for inspiring. u look amazing
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    GREAT ARTICLE- CONGRATS!!:drinker:
  • jybarra11
    Options
    Started lifting a few days before New Years and loving it!!
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Great job! I know many woman are afraid to lift because they think that they will get bulky but so not true. I have the pleasure of being friends with a few on MFP who lift hard and look fantastic. Keep showing woman that lifting is a good thing
  • a_vettestingray
    a_vettestingray Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I have started the NROLW but think the nutrition bit will be really hard. Did you follow the nutrition part of the book?

No, I just ate what I wanted as long as I met my calorie, protein, carb and fat goals.
  • skruger22
    skruger22 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have NROL4W in my Amazon queue... after reading/seeing this, I'm buying it!! No time like the present to start lifting heavy!! Woot! Nice work! Thanks for sharing, and thanks for inspiring! :)
    ~Sonja
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!