Options
    I think people love him because he talks about poop. :huh:

:laugh:

hahaha... u are soooo funny!
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Dr Oz is indeed a quack.
    I don't care what he says about anything. There are no magic pills that will allow you to eat garbage and still lose weight while laying around watching daytime TV.
    He is ABSURD!
    :noway:
  • Cheryl1018
    Options
    I wasted money on some crap he suggested and should have known better. This was when his show was new. Now, every single time his show is on, he is recommending some kind of miracle. I'm sure he gets kick backs for all of the stuff he promotes on his show.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    It's not just Dr. Oz. I was at my Moms tonight and she had the tv on Anderson Coopers show. He had a "weight loss expert" on spewing so much BS, I was screaming at the screen.
  • malilini
    Options

Does anyone remember The Poo Doctor? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gillian_McKeith
    She definitely quacks louder than anyone and made millions poking people's poo.
  • Boingo1
    Boingo1 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I think SOME of what he says COULD be true. But when he starts endorsing products that he's getting paid for, I think it's way too obvious he's FOS.
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I think he's actually dangerous on a thousand levels because so much of what he says is just hype, smoke and mirrors. And I swear, if I see one more show with him on it where he's showing off what great shape HE'S in (doing push-ups, pulling up his shirt to show off his abs, etc.) I may have to hunt him down and give him a good dope slap!
  • Lauri66
    Options
    Yes but is he a real doctor or did he get his license from an cracker jack box. I have to wonder some days. I have tried diet pills myself and they so do not work at all. I lose but then I gain back twice as much. He truly is a fool.
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    yeah i listen to him while back he was endorsing something like usal i started calling the health shops and they already new about it and what show because of calls before me. but what he endorses seems pretty exspensive so i wouldn't wast my cash thank goodness
  • DeMayr
    DeMayr Posts: 67
    Options
    Yes but is he a real doctor or did he get his license from an cracker jack box. I have to wonder some days. I have tried diet pills myself and they so do not work at all. I lose but then I gain back twice as much. He truly is a fool.

He's actually ranked as being one of the top heart surgeons in the United States. His credentials are excellent as well. We all know there are always conflicting opinions, even amongst doctors when it comes to health and nutrition. Take anything you see on TV as a grain of salt.
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options

He's actually ranked as being one of the top heart surgeons in the United States. His credentials are excellent as well. We all know there are always conflicting opinions, even amongst doctors when it comes to health and nutrition. Take anything you see on TV as a grain of salt.

Who goes to a respected heart surgeon for nutrition and weight loss advice?
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    lending his name to this nonsense cinched it for me :

http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt264/fourteenapples/random mb/1330727720639.jpg

i can't respect anyone who would endorse this kind of nonsense.

edit : this forum software is lacking in image options.

caption on magazine cover : Dr. Oz reveals the oil which shrinks belly fat : lose pounds and 5" a week without dieting or working out.

quack.
  • Sabine321
    Sabine321 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I watched his show for a while. But then he would say one week this is the thing to get and three weeks later he had a show where it was bad for you. I got confused. Plus some of the products he shows are darn expensive. Diet and exercise was what helped me.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options

Does anyone remember The Poo Doctor? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gillian_McKeith

I think her show went down the crapper.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    The secret to weight loss is no secret at all. Get off your butt and get moving, and quit eating crap. If Dr. Oz has any other plan besides that, then he's an idiot. Pills, tea, stuff you sprinkle on your food, been there, done that, tried it all. I took some stuff that made oily stuff come creeping out of places I can't discuss on MFP. The bottom line is, I was trying everything out there to avoid the basic reality that if I just move more and eat less, or even just eat less, the weight will come off. No big mystery there.
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    unfortunately he wouldnt be on tv if people weren't watching. He panders to his audience. Any TV show on atm that promotes some kind of diet/weight loss gem in the month of January is just trying to rack up the ratings; New Years resolutions and all.
  • spacreek13
    Options
    If I would buy all of the supplements he endorses, I would be taking one every 30 seconds all day long and by the way, broke too.
  • Built_Strong
    Built_Strong Posts: 114 Member
    Options

Gillian may be a nut too but at least her advice kinda makes sense. Her advice is always the same - eat whole, unprocessed foods & exercise. As for the poop inspections...yeah...I don't know how accurate those are.
  • wrkout2bfit
    wrkout2bfit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    he apparently didn't help Oprah because she's still fat!
    Lol!!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    If I would buy all of the supplements he endorses, I would be taking one every 30 seconds all day long and by the way, broke too.
    ...and worse yet, not ONE POUND lighter - except in the wallet.