2 things I can't give up

Options

Replies

• Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    I have found substitutions that I can live with for almost all of my cravings, except chocolate! I can't stand the sugar free stuff, and when I have to have chocolate I just have to have the real thing or the craving doesn't go away.
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I agree with Dianne... I'm never giving up chocolate! I just have a square or two of a large bar and that takes care of my craving! Also- dark chocolate being so rich in flavor satisfies my "need" more than milk chocolate!
  • acakeforawife
    Options
    I honestly can't think of anything I've given up! Just cut back on the frequency. But a couple things I could definitely never give up: carrot cake, and take-out from Swiss Chalet!!!! :bigsmile:
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    Red wine, red wine, red wine...oh, and the salty snacks it often leads to :happy:
  • kellybones
    kellybones Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Refried beans and flour tortillas.

I've been making my own refried beans which at least brings the sodium down into the acceptable range but those flour tortillas with the salt and the white flour and the lard.....man those are soooo good. I'm drooling thinking about them.
  • mirgss
    mirgss Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Potato chips! Especially kettle cooked. The second is a tie between alcohol and chocolate.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Vodka - 7 (sprite zero) and Peanut Butter (not at the same time (hmmmm))

'when you pull my cold dead hand off my Smirnoff bottle'
  • springgrl
    springgrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Diet soda, cake, and cheeseburgers.

I get the cake in those little individual servings ( maybe 1 or 2 a week) so I don't keep a whole cake in the house and I only eat cheeseburgers about once a month. I'd be a vegetarian if I could give up the cheeseburgers :)
  • allykat8
    allykat8 Posts: 237
    Options
    :heart: ICE CREAM:heart: Specifically Edy's Slow Churned French Silk
  • chicka200413
    Options
    I could never give up pizza. And chocolate chip cookie dough ..... mmmmmm!
  • tra2594
    tra2594 Posts: 1
    Options
    i gave up meat, eggs, pretty much all cheese too many things to list, but i am sorry i can not give up my pinot grigio at least 5 mights a weeks 2 glasses just can't do it. its my reward at the end of a long day
  • snookeroo
    snookeroo Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    COFFEE!!! I mean REAL coffee! Not that flavored stuff. No whip cream on top. No ice cubes in it. REAL COFFE!!! I love coffee!

And Chinese food. I think I could literally eat it every day (but I don't).

Since I started MFP in the beginning of March, I haven't had a soda. I generally had at least two or three a day.
    And I never really used to drink water. Only when I had to take medicine or something. Now I have at least my 8 servings a day.
    But I do put it in my COFFEE.
  • jarelary4
    jarelary4 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I won't give up anything! I'm so tired of these diets that restrict what you can and can't have. Everything in moderation is fine. That being said there are things that I just don't crave anymore now that I've been eating better. I try to find better alternatives first when I do crave something high in calories. I did really, really want some Ice cream not long ago, but when I ate it, it just didn't taste as great as I was expecting. Things change.
  • jewelinvic
    jewelinvic Posts: 332
    Options
    Vodka - 7 (sprite zero) and Peanut Butter (not at the same time (hmmmm))

'when you pull my cold dead hand off my Smirnoff bottle'

Amen!!:drinker:
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I gave up soda a couple of months ago because I couldn't have it after having oral surgery and I never started drinking it again. I don't really miss it much now. My husband decided to surprise me the other day and bought me a diet coke. I took a few sips to be nice, but it tasted awful and made my stomach hurt. So I'm off soda. Not because of my diet, but just to be healthier and less bloated.

What I won't give up is frozen yogurt/ice cream or smores. really I dont give up anything for "diet" purposes. I just make it "fit" into my desired calorie range.
  • allykat8
    allykat8 Posts: 237
    Options

And Black Licorice and Taco Bell!!

All 3 are pure heaven!!!!:bigsmile:
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I refuse to give anything up. There are certain things that I try not to have in the house, but I am will to indulge once in a while when I am out. I have to do things in moderation. It is hard to do sometimes, but it can be done.
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on the liquids. LOL Starbucks (everyday) Margaritas, and Amstel Light. I keep the alcohol to a min. though. I allow myself one drink night a month. Cost co has a skinny girl margarita I can't wait to try! :drinker: There aren't really any other things I can't live without. I've never been a soda drinker I can't even tell you the last time I had soda :ohwell:
    I will say I considered the raw foods diet a while back and I couldn't get past the idea of no cheese LOL.
  • snookeroo
    snookeroo Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options

And Black Licorice and Taco Bell!!

All 3 are pure heaven!!!!:bigsmile:

Ooooh...black licorice...Mmmm. Another weakness!
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I'm with you lvfunandfit on the fries. I u hardly ever eat them anymore. When I eat out I usually opt for a different saide item instead of the traditional french fries. I usually get brocholi or something like that. Then I don't feel like the burger is as bad for me.

My favorite thing to do was put the fries on my burger! LOL Mmmm....!!! It was so good! But now, I do order a different side, like you so I can feel less guilty about the sandwich I ordered or the burger I opted to eat!

reading everyone's replies makes me hungry! I had ice cream yesterday. 1/2 cup, 16 g of sugar, 5 g of fat and 120 calories... not so bad. And I loved it! Mmmm....!