Les Miserables. I've seen it twice already.

Options

Replies

• Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I thought it was incredible! Fist time in forever that I've left a movie theater feeling uplifted! Oscars will be won.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    The singing was fine. Wish they had dubbed in better plot and dialogue.
  • LadyZo
    LadyZo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've not seen it yet, but can't wait for it :) Slight boasty moment....the parts where they are in the water with the boats (pulling the ropes etc) were filmed in Portsmouth harbor (UK) which is 20 minutes away from my house, and one of my best friends is in it as an extra pulling a rope :)

Is it good? I'm a sucker for films like this, but easily disappointed x
  • Fit_Vixen1
    Options
    My daughter & I waited and were counting down for this Movie!!! WE LOVED IT!!!!!! I didn't like Russel Crowe's singing very much. But everyone else, AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Simply Beautiful. I couldn't stop crying. Yes, I want to see it again. I'm hoping my hubs & son will want to go this time around (I doubt it, though lol)
  • WorkoutWarrior76
    WorkoutWarrior76 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I know I am just the drunk pervert of the site but I plan on seeing it. The 10th anniversary all star cast was amazing!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    :heart: I saw it with friends on New Year's Eve. It was awesome! I am looking forward to seeing it again in a few weeks!

I was in a theater with two friends and about ten other people--at the very end of the movie, as the credits began to roll, the theater was dead silent. Then the guy next to us goes, "Wow. Just...wow." We were all in agreement with that. I seriously wanted to stand up and cheer at the end :blushing:

My mother was a theater critic when I was younger so I've seen the touring production (from Broadway) multiple times. I've also read the book, although it's been a long time and I'm about to read it again. I thought the movie was AMAZINGLY well done, especially the singing, as I did not expect some of the actors to have good singing skills.

I would highly recommend it!!!!
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    Ann Hathaway stole the show...such raw emotion..excellent. Didn't like Crowe, but then I don't like Javert..so maybe that worked.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    How about Eponine and Marius? I expected Eponine to be great, since she did it in London and sang on the 25th anniversary, but Marius blew me away on "Empty Chairs and Empty Tables". I never cared about Marius during the stage productions I saw, but this Marius played it just right and sang beautifully. I loved ALL the students. I loved young Cosette. I loved the appearances of the incomparable of Colm Wilkonson. Amazing. I still want to see it again.

YES!!!!
  • Snitch2
    Options
    I want to see it, but no one I know wants to go with. I don't want to be all sloppy sobby by myself...and I know I will, as I had watched the previews for month's and I cried when AH sang..
    she is just too perfect, so brave to have your hair cut off during the shooting.
    ahh...makes me sad, but I am Pentecostal..
    we don't cut our hair....it is our "covering"
    but I did, a couple weeks ago, for Wigs for Kids..
    cried then also..
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Crowe was awful and Jackman was flat and boring.
  • whitneyps7
    whitneyps7 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    so first off i dont go to the movies often its just not my thing. well a friend i hardly see had time to herself (she has a 4 yr old) so we decided since i got a AMC gift card from my boss we would go see it. we were decideing between les miserables, this is 40 and the guidence one we decided on that one, so it starts and i lean over and im like " is this a muscial?" and she said yes.....im not a huge fan of musicals...........it turned out really good but i was very tired and dosing off at the end. we get out and i looked at the time and was like " seriously???? 3 hours long???" it was long and its a musical but all in all i give it 4 stars i liked it and would watch it again
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    The preveiws look boring...
    I love anne hathaway..
    but, really...
    yeah no.
    :noway:
  • Kathy_TheVampireSlayer
    Options
    Haven't seen it, but the book was amazing.
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Going to see it tonight with my Mom, apparently I should bring a box of tissues judging from some of the comments on here :sad:
  • Chinadorian
    Chinadorian Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    it was epic! russel crowe was a wash, in general. Anne Hathaway- performance of her life (as of yet). they did a great job with costumes and set.
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    If it doesn't win, "Best Musical," if Anne Hathaway and possibly Hugh Jackman don't win 'Best Actress/Actor," I won't care because it will still be at the top of my list of best movies of all time.
  • Yolanda_85
    Yolanda_85 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm DYING to see it!!! I saw it live on stage in France and loved it then, I can't wait to see the newest movie version...I saw part of the one with Gerard Depardieu. My boyfriend won't take me to see it (even though it has his favorite actor (Russell Crowe). I will have to wait to rent/buy it or find a girlfriend to go with me, and then buy it.
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I hate musicals. *ducks and runs*
  • HailyP
    HailyP Posts: 16
    Options
    Im looking forward to it. LOVE Hugh Jackman, huge fan! yummy
  • laurenellenmarie
    laurenellenmarie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Enjolras=HOT. :love: