Any 50 somethings out there

Options
Restarting MFP with my Fitbit clipped on my belt!! Looking for other 50 somethings who want a healthier lifestyle and would like a friend along the way.

Replies

• brigeweeks
    brigeweeks Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I'm 50 and recently started this program. I must say the food diary is super easy and I actually enjoy logging the food.I never knew exactly how many calories I put in my body all day long. I follow a low cal diet, so I am more focused on counting carbs than calories. I do want to stick to a certain calorie number also and that's why I decided to join MFP. Pls add me as a friend and we can keep each other motivated!!!
  • skhaun
    skhaun Posts: 8
    Options
    I am 51 almost 52! I have tried weight watchers a few years ago but have put more weight on in last few years
    Hoping that if I track my food I will be more aware of my overeating patterns and will eat less! I do think losing weight is harder after 40 but not impossible. I just signed up today on my kindle and I do not have a profile yet but will get one up soon.Well here is to fabulous fifties !
  • kyricus
    kyricus Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    52 Here and working on getting back to my 32 weight,,,I hope. Glad to meet you. Good luck!
  • penni214
    penni214 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 55 and just joined today.....I had life altering events a couple of yrs ago and became sedentary. I saw MFP on the Today show and it motivated me....I've moved more today than I have in months, Email me anytime....I need support too!
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Me! I am 53 and have lost 54 lbs since joining in February of 2012. I underwent major abodominal surgery on March 6th, so did not start exercising until I was released by my doctor in April. This is the best I have done losing weight in a number of years and now that the holidays are behind us (and I mean literally behind me!) It is time to start fresh and work them back off!! LOL

I would love to be friends with other 50's! :) Please add me!
  • MsCarlalalala
    Options
    Just turned 60, but I feel like I'm still 50 something. LOL!

Just joined today and would like to meet others in this age range to support and visa versa.
  • optimist49
    Options
    Hello everybody, Just joined today and hoping to find support along the way. I'm 52 and need to to finally shed these pounds, feeling horrible. 2013 needs to be my year to get healthy. Linda:smile:

34180330.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Hey-52 here as well (still hard to admit That!!!).....I just joined today as well-I also saw this website on The Today Show!!!-I am a Lifetime member of Weight Watchers!-But have slipped into old habits-So I need to drop 20lbs-I have a dinosaur phone,so I will have to open up the laptop to post-Looking for a new way to get excited about losing in 2013...Hopefully this site will help!!!! I hate writing the foods I eat down-so maybe this way will be fun....Here's to all us Loser's!!!!!
  • BabyRaven
    BabyRaven Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yep - 53 and starting again! Tracking food and exercise helps each day to make it real. When I don't keep track, I am oblivious to what goes in each day! Mindless munching! Good luck with your new goals!
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 51 and started my journey in February 2012. Lost 65 pounds so far. I'm about 10-20 pounds from goal. You can add me if you'd like. I'm on here everyday. Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • PAS0905
    PAS0905 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 57 and tired of being FAT. Actually restarted MFP this week when I regained my focus. Had a break from tracking for several months whywayile life got crazy all around me, but lost a bunch in the interim, about 35lbs but had gained 9 back with several family health surprises, including breaking my wrist in the gym locker room after water aerobics. That's healed and the other family members are well so it's time to take care of me again. Started at 292 last January and am down to 251.2 today!!
  • mile148
    mile148 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 56, and I've been an on again off again dieter for 30 years. In November I had my blood work done and I found out that I'm pre-diebetic. No more excuses for me. This is serious. I have a husband who is slim and loves to eat so it's going to hard but I'm determined. We can all do it with each others help. My goal is 60 lbs gone in one year!
  • mile148
    mile148 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm tired of being fat too!
  • Dianemustang
    Options
    Lots of first starters here - I am 55.5 - gained 100# over 33 years and 2 kids - now have 2 grand babies and want to be ready to be a fit grandma.....Jan.1, 2007 weighed 232....on my own with a calorie book and treadmill I weighed 182 on July 1, 2007....kept that weight off, but in September thought I best lose at least 40 of the 50 extra lbs.....so, currently down 18, but always need motivation....I am a cheerleader as well - this site so excited me I headed to FB to share....got to gals who had given up to join and got them on the road to losing....fell free to add me! Best of luck, my dear!
  • dems11
    dems11 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi there! My name is Diane and I am 51 and ready to lose some major weight.... at least I hope so. Go ahead and add me, I'm "dems11". I just started yesterday and I can tell this is going to be fun AND I may lose a few pounds! Good luck to you; hope you get to your goals!
  • sianll
    sianll Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    HI! me too. I was 50 in 2012. My sister did really great on MFP over last couple of years. I joined and was halfhearted - want to be full-hearted now. looking for friends to keep me going.
  • JeannieA12
    Options
    Hi there, 50 here and will be 51 next week. I too lost weight on weight watchers, 4 years ago. Lost 39lbs back in 08/09. Have since gained it all back plus 4. Weight watchers was a wonderful program I thought but I just don't want to do it again. I found this app due to a club that I'm in and 6 of us are on here now. I started Wednesday with a 6 month goal for lose 22-25, that's where I'll be happy. .
  • susanfisher
    susanfisher Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome back to mfp. I will be 50 this year and also have a fitbit on my side. Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • starbuckette
    starbuckette Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Just turned 50, have been on MFP since may 2012, lost 40 lbs.
  • kaj44
    kaj44 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Feel free to add me............................I've been on this journey since September 2012..............still lots more to loose....