What does bump mean?
  • fnm101
    fnm101 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    save
  • RevNimue
    RevNimue Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Note to self: weekend cooking for week ahead to use crockpot! So many amazing recipes to try for sure.
  • leska1216
    leska1216 Posts: 260
    Options
    bump

some of these recipes are awesome
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • leska1216
    leska1216 Posts: 260
    Options
    I make a super healthy vegan soup with chicken broth, beans (anyn kind will work, I used canned navy beans, rinsed and drained last time, but black beans or red beans work great), almost any kind of diced up veggie is great in there (I last used zucchini, green beans, onions, tomato, and red bell pepper). To add something to it I will toss in diced up tofu, brown rice, white rice, orzo, quinoa... whatever you're feeling. It's SO good for you. Any kind of seasoning works--I've done a curry flavored version, sometimes I'll use a more mexican mix of spices, usually use garlic.

If it contains chicken broth, it isn't vegan. Sorry for being pedantic, but that's what I'm like.

I agree. If it contains chicken it's not vegan or vegetarian. Fix the problem by using vegetable broth or tomatoes
  • meridons
    Options
    bump
  • 1987RFS
    1987RFS Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely gonna try a few of these recipes out.
  • nashsheri33
    nashsheri33 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    bump

mediterranean chicken

6 skinned chicken thighs, bone-in
    1 can plum tomatoes, drained and cut into chunks
    1 3/4 cups coarsely chopped onion
    1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
    2 tablespoons drained capers
    1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 small lemon

grate rind and squeeze juice from lemon to equal 1 tsp. rind and 1 tablespoon rind. reserve rind and refrigerate.

combine other ingredients except chicken.
    spray crockpot with nonstick cooking spray.
    place half the mixture in the crockpot, place the chicken on top, cover the chicken with the remaining mixture.

cook on LOW for 4 hours.

garnish with lemon rind.
  • 14kat
    14kat Posts: 5
    Options
    Wow. These are amazing. I work over 12 hours some days and rely on my crock pot!

I love cooking ham as well in the slow cooker. They turn out amazing and are great for protein. :happy:
  • traynorj82
    traynorj82 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    bump
  • poohbear1971
    Options
    bump
  • dragonlady0106
    dragonlady0106 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Nocwhispr
    Nocwhispr Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Love my crock pot! I have made all sorts of things in mine. Check out this website for great tips/ recipes as well. http://crockingirls.com/
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    My cousin fed this to us when we were up in Virginia visiting her. I've made it several times and my mom made it at our Christmas party and for my grandparents. I ran this through the recipe thing on here, and it comes out to 265 calories a serving if there are 6 servings (which is approx a bowlful). The only person who doesn't like it is my sister, and that's because she doesn't like black beans.

Cream Cheese Chicken Chili

2-4 chicken breasts (I usually use 3 fresh, but can also be frozen)
    1 can corn, undrained
    1 can Rotel, undrained (I use Rotel diced tomatoes with green chiles)
    1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
    1 pkg ranch dressing mix
    1 tsp cumin
    1 tbsp chili powder
    1 tsp onion powder
    1 8 oz package cream cheese

Lay chicken at the bottom of the crock pot. Drain and rinse black beans. Add black beans, corn, and Rotel on top. Add in spices and mix up. Lay cream cheese on top of it all and cover. Cook on low 6-8 hours. The cream cheese won't melt during the cooking process. When it's done, mix the cream cheese in and shred the chicken (which is super easy at this point).

This all fits in my super tiny crock pot very nicely. I like to eat it by scooping it with blue corn tortilla chips! I have been considering adding in cayenne pepper to make it a bit spicier. It is very much on the mild side of my scale.
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Bump