Awkward Question..

Options
13»

Replies

• joeq722
    joeq722 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Is it due to the healthy foods; YES

Was there something wrong with you: YES (you weren't eating healthy foods ;)
  • Angylgrrl
    Angylgrrl Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary and the first thing I noticed was the Fiber One yogurt. I didn't look past that, because I may have solved your problem, lol.

Check all of your "high fiber" foods (cereals, granola bars, yogurts, etc) for "chicory root extract" or "inulin." It gives a LOT of people absolutely staggering gas and never gets better - I'm one of them. Try replacing those foods with something else for a week or two and see if things improve.

^^^^THIS!^^^^ I loved Fiber One bars. They tasted SO good, and had good for you fiber, and the world was just sunshine and roses for the first week or so that I was eating them for breakfast. But then the gas started.... Let's suffice it to say that I read the labels of foods that say they are high in fiber to make sure that they DON'T have inulin or chicory root so that I 1) don't kill those around me, and 2) don't have horrendous stomach cramping.
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I get a lot of gas everyday lol And i pee a lot.
  • elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    With healthier diets, there are actually a lot of veg that are more gaseous (lots of info for each ones).... Just as much as there are some veg is more starched. I find eating lots of onions and mushrooms give me, erm, the same.

Also eating fruit after a meal is actually the worse for gas. Fruit is much better min 30 mins before a meal.
  • lilteeraw
    lilteeraw Posts: 261
    Options
    thanks for all the advice loves!
    Guess i'll continue farting!
    lol
  • BunnyFuFu
    BunnyFuFu Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    As many have addressed...gas is just a natural process and have to adjust to find out what works. I know you said you LOVE your fiber, but I thin it is that you love your carbohydrates not so much the fiber. I noted you take in almost all your fiber via grains & see few to no VEGETABLES!!. The harshest thing on the system are the grains. Also, you could have a dairy intolerance. I would get very bloated and gassy eating dairy and have now gotten away from it, using rice or almond milk, had to give up yogurt :(. If you can't give up the dairy, try taking a Lactaid supplement. Other than that, drop the grains and take more fiber via veggies!! If I need GI help (or I am a week out from a 10k or 1/2 marathon) I drink my gentle cleansing drink that moves things along predictably, made up of:

Organic Apple Juice w/ the pectin 6 oz
    Corn husk psyllium 1 heaping tsp
    Aloe Juice 2 tbsp
    Chlorophyll 1 tsp (or if concentrated 14 drops)

I have been fighting weight issues my whole life, due to my Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome/disorder, so I have tried a lot ;) Hope this helps!!
  • lilteeraw
    Options
    i HATE VEGGIES): i can only get them in the form of soup.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    i HATE VEGGIES): i can only get them in the form of soup.

/thread.

Smh
  • lilteeraw
    Options
    idk what smh means:P
  • brucebalding
    Options
    Natural when you change from the normal greesy garbage to foods with FIBER, it cleans you out. It should only happen for a couple weeks then be good.
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    You should settle back in once your body adjusts. Mine did, but I still keep Bean-o and Gax-X around at all times. Even in my purse. You never know.
  • 2pupsmama
    Options
    According to Honey Boo Boo's mama, farting 12 - 15 times a day helps you lose weight.
    She should know as she is such a svelte little thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHw9kvArS3g
    hahaha

Oh my! LOL
    AHHHHH MY EYES, MY EYES! People watch entire episodes of that crap?
  • Royalsbatwench
    Royalsbatwench Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the advice.
    guess ill keep having the toots...
    cuz i love my dairy and fiber too damn much!

Just move your fiber bar to the evening. That way you will pass the gas while you sleep :glasses:
  • lilteeraw
    Options
    good advice(: also.. still had my dairy and fiber this morning and havnt farted yet! :O
    maybe it was the amount of nuts i ate yesterday.
  • Livewire13
    Livewire13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    don't worry it happens to the best of us. with eating veggies and more fiber it is all normal to have an increase gas. I would be more concerned if you did not.