Soul Mates - Real or Not

Options
Lone_Wolf70
Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
Imo, the concept is ridiculous that there is one perfect person for u...or I'm just a negative bleep.

What r your opinions?

Replies

• Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I do not believe in soul mates. I believe there are many many people out there you can meet, like, love, and make a life with. You may be more compatible with some and have more in common with some; you may have a stronger attraction for someone you don't get along with as well but still have the will to make things work.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Maybe not for everyone, but my husband and I are definitely soul mates.
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I think there is someone out there that I'll want to grow old with. I hope there is.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    I dunno, I'm not that cheesy.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I believe in it. Yes, the notion is cheesy. But if you are fortunate enough to find yours, all of the sudden the concept doesn't seem that foreign
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I think it can be real but you might not necessarily be married/living with your soulmate. You thought at one point you found it but later discovered it really wasn't. It doesn't mean you can't be happy if you are not with it.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I do not believe in soul mates. I believe there are many many people out there you can meet, like, love, and make a life with. You may be more compatible with some and have more in common with some; you may have a stronger attraction for someone you don't get along with as well but still have the will to make things work.

This.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Nah, its all bs....u live, then u die....all sharing does is give someone a chance to own & depress u.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I used to believe in it ... and the concept of a Prince Charming ... then I grew up.
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I think that there are such things are soul mates, but I don't think that everyone only has one out there. I think a soul mate is someone who makes you feel special, love yourself, and brings out the best side of you. someone who makes you want to be the best possible person you can be in the world.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Ermagherd, are you telling me I've been saving myself all this time and it might not be real?

I know what I'm doing tonight. NAMSAYIN?
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I believe in it. Yes, the notion is cheesy. But if you are fortunate enough to find yours, all of the sudden the concept doesn't seem that foreign
    I agree with that....I used to be a lot more negative about it too, so I'll sum it up....

If it's real in your head....sure......maybe to some it's just as real as Santa and the Easter Bunny.....so don't go ruining it for the believers \m/
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Nah, its all bs....u live, then u die....all sharing does is give someone a chance to own & depress u.
    Well it sucks that you feel that way. Life is either as good as bad as you want it to seem. With our without soulmates.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    If it's real in your head....sure...... it's just as real as Santa and the Easter Bunny.....so don't go ruining it for the believers \m/
    Don't_Stop_Believin'.gif
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Well if that is true... if soul mates exist, then I am hooched... mine is probably somewhere in the jungles of Africa!

I've certainly found out who is NOT my soul mate too...

Now someone I could hang out with for a couple of decades... yeah I've found a few candidates... but none have accepted the position yet! ;)
  • ChinniP
    ChinniP Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    To love someone is decision as love is a state of mind. I don't believe in soul mates but clearly as everyone else has stated, there are things that you may naturally have in common or not.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in that stuff, just wishful thinking.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    So maybe I'm a 45 year old kid :) (my friends would agree!).

I do agree its real, however, not everyone finds or even recognizes their souls mates. I haven't found mine, but it doesn't mean he's not out there somewhere!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I used to believe in it ... and the concept of a Prince Charming ... then I grew up.

That's too funny! I never believed in it until I *met* my Prince Charming.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I believe you can connect with someone on a spiritual basis but I think there is more than one person out there for you.