Soul Mates - Real or Not

Options

Replies

• gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I want to believe in it but I can not, I believe that some people just click on a different level to others
  • Daedalus35
    Options
    I'd have said no until about 5 months ago.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I believe!! That said, the notion that being with your soul mate is all puppies and rainbows is a bit off. In my opinion, a true soul mate can go through some hard stuff with their significant other and still be giddy in love with that person like a 6th grade girl.
  • Sugar7324
    Options
    Definitely real, don't get me wrong I went through a lot of horrible relationships before I found my soul mate but we are definitely made for each other. I do think that there is one person for each of us that we are meant to be with but most of the time we get caught in the wrong relationship and sometimes we never find our true soul mate. I was one of the lucky ones that did.
  • survivor1952
    survivor1952 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    When I was 18 I met my soul mate. YES 18! :love: Cannot explain it. We met in June, got engaged in August & got married in Oct. (4 months total). Had our first baby on our 1st. anniversary (for those of you who were counting) It is 41 years later, 2 grown children and 5 grandchildren and we are still best friends. It is there for some people but I don't know if everyone has a soul mate.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    I think Mr Minchin sums it up nicely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeZMIgheZro
  • Jimaudit
    Jimaudit Posts: 275
    Options
    I think that there are such things are soul mates, but I don't think that everyone only has one out there. I think a soul mate is someone who makes you feel special, love yourself, and brings out the best side of you. someone who makes you want to be the best possible person you can be in the world.

THIS. I have been with my wife for 19 years but do not believe she is the only one I could ever be happy with. God forbid something happened to her, I know she would want me to move on and find someone else who makes me happy.
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I think you can have a soul mate. I think they can be anybody, a friend, spouce, child, parent, or just someone you met at the coffee shop and never saw again.

I met my soul mate 6 years ago and she is my best friend. We really are perfect for each other. Hahahaha main thing we say to my husband "you just dont know!" Her weirdness and my weirdness are one in the same. She was in my brain one time. Cray cray
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Nah, its all bs....u live, then u die....all sharing does is give someone a chance to own & depress u.

You depress me. I want you to own me. I think we're soul mates.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    After years of waxing lyrical, reading many books, being married, divorced, having two kids before I was 30, living a full 38 years on this earth, I do not think soul mates exist. There are people we feel comfy with, people we don't...love can strike more than once if you let it. Hankering after or thinking in romantic terms can be very detrimental to the psyche.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I'm that cheesy.
  • lunajes
    lunajes Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Real.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I'm that cheesy.

Get cheesy...
  • ChinniP
    ChinniP Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Maybe not for everyone, but my husband and I are definitely soul mates.

That is the only "soul mates" there are. In marriage, you join your soul to your spouse, "until death do us part." It wasn't until the romantic age that anyone considered that marriage could be based on other than practical considerations---it was too important a decision to be based on the emotion of the moment. The reason why many marriages end at the two year mark is that the heated romance of the first two years gives way to a practical arrangement of working out roles---and it is there that character deficits and other impediments to satisfactory marriage crop up.

Interestingly enough, the idea of soulmates goes back to Plato. In his dialogue The Symposium, Plato has Aristophanes present a story about soul mates. Aristophanes states that humans originally had four arms, four legs, and a single head made of two faces, but Zeus feared their power and split them all in half, condemning them to spend their lives searching for the other half to complete them. It is said that once the two find each other, they can overcome anything, move mountains with their love.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Real, but i didn't realize the concept was limited to just one person.
  • sapphireswi
    sapphireswi Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    real . . . but helps only if the other person thinks so tooo!
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I think that there are such things are soul mates, but I don't think that everyone only has one out there. I think a soul mate is someone who makes you feel special, love yourself, and brings out the best side of you. someone who makes you want to be the best possible person you can be in the world.

THIS. I have been with my wife for 19 years but do not believe she is the only one I could ever be happy with. God forbid something happened to her, I know she would want me to move on and find someone else who makes me happy.

:) I know what you mean. she's not the only one you could be happy with. but the only one you WANT to be happy with. it makes all the difference in the world.
    I have a pretty crappy history behind me. I've been a cheater. I've been cheated on. I was engaged to a guy that shattered my car's windshield with my head.
    everything changes though when you find that person.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options

I don't think it has to be limited to one person. Everything has a season.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

I don't necessarily think it is but if something happens to mine I'm not going looking for another one. B!tches be crazy and I'm too old to go through all that *kitten* again.

Seriously. I'm really happy that my wife and I got together before Facebook and interwebz and cell phones and texting and all this craziness. It was a lot simpler.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Ermagherd, are you telling me I've been saving myself all this time and it might not be real?

I know what I'm doing tonight. NAMSAYIN?

LOL, Bean!!

I believed in it when I was younger. Then at age 27 my soulmate left me for a Kellie Martin lookalike that "challenged" him, telling me that I was "fundamentally wrong" for him.

Now I'm married to a wonderful man who is a great husband and father and my ex is divorced from the challenge. Heh heh.