Alchohol

Options
Do we need to Log Alchohol in our food diaries ? I would imagine we do as it's Calorie input but I just wanted to check. (Please say we don't ! )...... Lol

Replies

• randrews0407
    randrews0407 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm a lush...I hate knowing I drink my calories, I don't log my liquor intake (I should though, it'll be a sobering experience, lol). Its hard to gauge how many calories are in some mixed drinks though.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Yes alcohol has calories.. you should be logging it... especially since some people can drink 2 meals in alcohol along with real food meals.
  • wiijogger
    Options
    Dammit ! Thanks, In that case then i'm not eating any more today and saving my Cals for my night in with a couple of the girls :-)...Thanks for helping
  • JinksE21
    JinksE21 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Dammit ! Thanks, In that case then i'm not eating any more today and saving my Cals for my night in with a couple of the girls :-)...Thanks for helping

:laugh: I totally agree!!!
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options

Or maybe exercise to earn some additional calories.
  • wiijogger
    Options
    Ooo I hadn't thought about exercise calories....I have exercised all this week and haven't eaten back any of the Cals therefore I

shouldn't feel too guilty, Thanks :-)
  • ktc1968
    ktc1968 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My problem is that I love to drink wine, and I can't just have one. I know I should change these habits but I feel like I'm missing something. Can someone help me with an answer?
  • Bruinsmama
    Bruinsmama Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    When I quit drinking I lost 41 lbs. This was in 2010. And I have kept it off. :)

Peace and Happy New Year!
  • beatlebomb
    Options
    I think you have to add them. Or don't add them but know you drank them... lol I find sometimes when i see it written it makes me think twice before i drink em.
  • DepauvilleKid
    Options
    Depends... Do you actually want to lose weight or is tracking your calories just a hobby? If you want to actually lose weight and meet your goals, then add your alcohol to your food diary. Alcohol has calories, often a lot of calories. They call it a beer gut for a reason. Not to mention, when you drink you make dumb decisions; like downing a bag of chips.

So, yes! Track your alcohol calories. Now, I like a beer as much as the next person. I am just more selective. I have one or two really good beers rather than 6 tasteless, watered down, major brand stuff. I would also cut back earlier in the day on my calories if I knew I was going out for dinner and a drink that night. The next day, I would also take it easy on the calories to compensate and it worked great. I did that and I lost over 120 lbs in 10 months. No surgery, no pills, just counting calories. Measure everything... even alcohol.
  • geekpryncess
    geekpryncess Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Do we need to Log Alchohol in our food diaries ? I would imagine we do as it's Calorie input but I just wanted to check. (Please say we don't ! )...... Lol

Yes...it's calories! Most drinks are 100-300 calories, depending on what is in them. I still drink, but am careful to keep it within my limits and try to choose or make drinks that are sugar free/low carb.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I drink wine almost everyday, and on weekends I may switch to something else..I try and work out extra to have the calories available. But hell no I'm not sacrificing the booze..my diary even has a separate section for it :drinker:
  • RebeccaHite
    RebeccaHite Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I know it sucks and I had a 12 pack last night :(
  • ArianaLuvsMe101
    Options
    I never drank wine, alcohol or any sort of that stuff, so I cant answer, LOL
  • canadianbugga
    canadianbugga Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Definitely log!
  • jappie10
    Options
    You should always log your calories from alcohol. A glas of red wine (150ml) is about 100-125 calories.
    If you drink alcohol try NOT to consume it when you have food. Processing alcohol (1 glas takes 1 hour) shuts down the burning of food. If you drink a couple of glasses of alcohol, your food won't be digested properly and it will be stored as fat.

If you drink every day, try not to do it for a month and you will notice you have lost weight.
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    YES! You should log anything that has calories. If someone doesn't know why they aren't losing weight, this might be the reason.
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Just work the calories into your daily intake

Bailey's instead of cream and sugar in your coffee
    Red wine instead of milk in your cereal
    Beer instead of a soft drink
    A shot instead of an energy drink
    Forget the rice as a side dish, add in a martini instead

Keep control of the calories and still get your daily alcohol requirements.

Be creative! It can be fun.
  • laurenellenmarie
    laurenellenmarie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I often drink my dinner. haha I just drink higher alcohol beers now. So one feels like two or three. haha like Boulevard's Tank 7. 9% :)
  • dwtouch4
    Options
    Ever since I started logging what I eat I have pretty much eliminated alcohol or any drink with calories except a few times a year. I never was much of a big drinker anyway so this wasn't too difficult.

Since I've begun doing this I have discovered how little one needs to consume to go over their daily caloric intake allowance. If I'm going to consume calories I want it to at least fill my stomach.