Any British out there?

Options

Replies

• hellybelle1
    hellybelle1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Wow, so nice to have all you Brits respond to my thread, thank you! Feel free to add me. Helen x
  • kirsty1997
    Options
    Seems like all 3 of us here are new haha :) well, I'm kirsty and it's nice to meet the both of you :) x

hiya Kirsty!

hello :) how is you? x
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I'm not being unkind or typically "British" and stuck-up....its just that personally, I feel that posting an abbreviation meant to infer congratulations, doesn't really amount to support in the traditional sense.

I would rather say something constructive in response to somebody struggling, or worrying, or being confused about something. Just generally enthusing about every diary entries seems a bit superficial to me, so I say nothing - maybe that makes me an unsupportive friend?

BTW I'm not criticising anyone who provides support in that way, it isn't unappreciated - I accept that I get fewer comments on the basis that I don't deliver 100's of responses to daily diary closures or activities, but I do respond to people's posts looking for help or an actual comment about something.

Jeez, I really AM British aren't I. :)

One reason you are on my friend list, as well as being in same 'ampshire area
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I've only been here 3 days and they don't like me already ;-)

Hee hee, you did trigger a few nutters, I never replied on the thread because of said nutters, some do take it all too seriously and a personal assault on their beliefs and way of life and cannot accept others that do not have their outlook on life / food / diet etc

PS I have to stop myself posting "what a w@nker" on some of the forums, you are not alone
  • WelshMaid
    Options
    I've only been here 3 days and they don't like me already ;-)

Hee hee, you did trigger a few nutters, I never replied on the thread because of said nutters, some do take it all too seriously and a personal assault on their beliefs and way of life and cannot accept others that do not have their outlook on life / food / diet etc

PS I have to stop myself posting "what a w@nker" on some of the forums, you are not alone

it did go a bit nuts there for a while,i was expecting maybe 3 replies max,if you can't laugh at the non important stuff god help you :wink:
  • Subowski
    Options
    I'm not being unkind or typically "British" and stuck-up....its just that personally, I feel that posting an abbreviation meant to infer congratulations, doesn't really amount to support in the traditional sense.

I would rather say something constructive in response to somebody struggling, or worrying, or being confused about something. Just generally enthusing about every diary entries seems a bit superficial to me, so I say nothing - maybe that makes me an unsupportive friend?

BTW I'm not criticising anyone who provides support in that way, it isn't unappreciated - I accept that I get fewer comments on the basis that I don't deliver 100's of responses to daily diary closures or activities, but I do respond to people's posts looking for help or an actual comment about something.

Jeez, I really AM British aren't I. :)

One reason you are on my friend list, as well as being in same 'ampshire area

And you on mine, because you are dedicated, committed, dignified and inspirational. Nice action. :)
  • VickiPerfect
    Options
    I'm from the midlands .. And had a fitbit one or my birthday so e,Cora motivation!! Yeay
  • VickiPerfect
    Options
    That should say extra! Not Cora lol.. On ipad flipping auto check !!!
  • Subowski
    Options
    That should say extra! Not Cora lol.. On ipad flipping auto check !!!

Bahaha, damn you autocorrect. I got my FitBit Ultra today, I'm still trying to work it all out!!!
  • VickiPerfect
    Options
    I'm loving the one!!! It's made me go up n down stairs 17 times today lol.. Ps I'm from Cheslyn hay Walsall..
  • Subowski
    Options
    I'm loving the one!!! It's made me go up n down stairs 17 times today lol.. Ps I'm from Cheslyn hay Walsall..

Mine has made me realise, that I have done very little this afternoon! More work tomorrow.........
  • VickiPerfect
    Options
    It's really motivating me.. Real easy to use men is
  • VickiPerfect
    Options
    That was meant to say mine grrrrr... Gonna have to turn this auto correct off lol
  • sheenap10
    sheenap10 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm a local Kirsty! Also in the West Midlands and new to this site..
  • loubylou3
    Options
    hi im from swinton manchester :)
    this is my 2nd day and upto now have found it good :)
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I'm also from Birmingham :D
  • turkeyloss
    turkeyloss Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    no we are here !:smile:
  • sarahlm20
    sarahlm20 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hey I am from Bristol - Chavvy/Farmer land haha
  • AverageUkDude
    AverageUkDude Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    *waves*
  • VickiPerfect
    Options
    Me too feel free to add me as a friend .. Good to have friends to help you along