Whats in your fridge? (PICS)

Options
13»

Replies

• autovatic
    autovatic Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm going grocery shopping today, so it's a little sparse.

Very important to keep your heads in the crisper. No one likes a soggy face.
  • DanTillson
    DanTillson Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    God you guys have alot of food!! lol.

Literally entire food in my house:

Fridge: eggs, sweet potatoes, onions and flora.
    Freezer: precooked chicken, mixed veg, chillies, quorn mince.
    Cupboard: pro shake, soy sauce, kidney beans, oats, pasatta, whole wheat pasta/rice, pepper, salt, gravy granules, sugar free jelly, EVOO

I would be too tempted and never stop eating in your houses haha :P
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I'm going grocery shopping today, so it's a little sparse.

p376080-Niagara_Falls-Dahmers_Fridge_zpsf88b10f4.jpg

:laugh: nice. I think the head in the drawer is probably the most delish thing in there.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    i see a foot at the top, an arm at the middle and the head at the bottom.

i think this is the ice truck killer from s1 of dexter.
  • kathrynokc
    Options
    Ok, you have me motivated to clean my frig out and get myself in order.
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Fridge
    20130105_200056.jpg
  • ak_honda
    ak_honda Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Was cleaning out the fridge and pantry today, beginning of the year tossing out all the expired stuff (and weekly cleaning of fridge). Yup.. need to go shopping. (freezer only has frozen foods fed to our fishtanks and some ice)

8352976198_ba8e8e2c30_c.jpg
    Cleaned the fridge by amanda_moore, on Flickr
  • cld111
    cld111 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Fridge
    20130105_200056.jpg

This one looks SO much like mine. Eggs in a glass bowl, pasture-raised half & half, various leftovers of things, broccoli out and about. :)
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    1D1A4687-1_zps77cd341c.jpg

Haha, wow -- You have the Beast?! lol

I have several bottles of all three demons. They just aren't all in the fridge.

The Beast was my post-workout recovery drink after my half-marathon.
  • RunnerD9000
    RunnerD9000 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    runnerd9000, how do you go about making your yogurt? i have wanted to do that for a long time but don't know the best way to go. thanks!

There are some recipes on the net. But basically you need a double boiler set of pans. if you dont own a formal set, you can just use 1 big pan for the water and another smaller pan to hold the milk, set one in the other. you also need a cooking thermometer to keep an eye on the temp. bring water to boil, then set in pan with milk, maybe a quart or so. watch temp of milk as it rises to 180 and then reduce the temperature on the burner until it stays steady at 180 - keep it there 30 minutes and stir the milk to keep it from sticking to pan. when close to 30 minutes fill sink with a few inches of cold water. move hot pan of milk to cold water and cool the milk down to 110 degrees. then add your yogurt starter, which is just 3tbsp or so of yogurt you bought at store or from prior batch. stir up up good, and then cover the pan of milk and put it somewher you can keep it at 110 for like 8 hours. the longer, the thicker it gets, i forgot it once for 14 hours and it was just much thicker and the whey was more separated, which you can drain off and its more like greek yogurt. to keep it that warm you need something to do that, i use a reptile thermal heating pad, you could use an elec blanket, some people put in oven with just pilot light on, or some other stovetop warmer. after the 8 hours stir and put in fridge over night, and eat next morning.

here are some links that probably explain it better. I used these when i started:

http://www.makeyourownyogurt.com/make-yogurt/what-you-need
    http://www.motherearthnews.com/real-food/make-your-own-yogurt-zmaz80mazraw.aspx?page=3
  • RunnerD9000
    Options
    Love this thread!

As for my freezer, I keep a crazy list, but I definitely need to go shopping:

I love the organized freezer list.
  • RunnerD9000
    Options
    Fridge
    20130105_200056.jpg

hard boiled eggs? I have been tempted to just hard boil a bunch at beginning of week and use them to supplement rather than making a whole meal of fried eggs.