Can kettlebells get you ripped?

Options
2»

Replies

• darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Combined with an appropriate diet, you can use kettlebells for HIIT/exercise instead of running, Zumba etc so yes it is possible to get ripped (ie burn fat).

Also, to build muscle, it's possible she used very heavy kettlebells. Her muscles aren't exceptional. She has abs because she has a low BF% and her thigh muscles aren't huge like some female bodybuilders - she may have just done ****loads of Bulgarian squats holding a couple of 40kg kettlebells.

Hmmmm I may have the wrong impression of kettlebells.

Appreciate this woman has a low bf%.

Who knows a good site with info on kettlebell workouts? I'm curious now. I just assumed they were a fad type thing.

YouTube is a good resource for kettlebell workouts. But even simple things like swings, one handed swings and side swings can get the heart moving. In some ways, they're better than dumbbells because of the shape. As for being a fad, well, it's newer in the West but a very traditional exercise tool from Russia.
  • Sockimobi
    Sockimobi Posts: 541
    Options
    You know you're too obsessed by fitness when you see a woman in a very revealing bikini and you study her like a judge studies a dog in Crufts... rather than nursing a semi.

Haha - she has an amazing body though.

Yay I'm going to Crufts!

Yes, she has a great body and she's clearly worked hard. I just spent a bit too much time examining her musculature rather than staring at her breasts.

At least you gave attention to the parts of her that she worked her butt off to achieve... the boob job was probably a lot easier.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I'd seriously doubt she didn't do any kind of barebell work. But I could be wrong.
  • Sockimobi
    Options
    Combined with an appropriate diet, you can use kettlebells for HIIT/exercise instead of running, Zumba etc so yes it is possible to get ripped (ie burn fat).

Also, to build muscle, it's possible she used very heavy kettlebells. Her muscles aren't exceptional. She has abs because she has a low BF% and her thigh muscles aren't huge like some female bodybuilders - she may have just done ****loads of Bulgarian squats holding a couple of 40kg kettlebells.

Hmmmm I may have the wrong impression of kettlebells.

Appreciate this woman has a low bf%.

Who knows a good site with info on kettlebell workouts? I'm curious now. I just assumed they were a fad type thing.

YouTube is a good resource for kettlebell workouts. But even simple things like swings, one handed swings and side swings can get the heart moving. In some ways, they're better than dumbbells because of the shape. As for being a fad, well, it's newer in the West but a very traditional exercise tool from Russia.

Aaaaah from Russia? My friend who gave me this pic uses them and swears by them and kept trying to give me a work out DVD is Russian!
    Do you have to swing them? I have shoulders that kind of grind / dislocate - swing weights seems like a nightmare to me.
  • darrensurrey
    Options
  • darrensurrey
    Options
    You know you're too obsessed by fitness when you see a woman in a very revealing bikini and you study her like a judge studies a dog in Crufts... rather than nursing a semi.

Haha - she has an amazing body though.

Yay I'm going to Crufts!

Yes, she has a great body and she's clearly worked hard. I just spent a bit too much time examining her musculature rather than staring at her breasts.

At least you gave attention to the parts of her that she worked her butt off to achieve... the boob job was probably a lot easier.

Ha! True!
  • darrensurrey
    Options

Aaaaah from Russia? My friend who gave me this pic uses them and swears by them and kept trying to give me a work out DVD is Russian!
    Do you have to swing them? I have shoulders that kind of grind / dislocate - swing weights seems like a nightmare to me.

You may find they help strengthen the shoulder joint. I found I could do them the day after lifting weights. I've actually stopped doing kb circuits as I felt that combined with a calorie deficit, I was losing too much weight including LBM.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    According to this interview, she lifts.

There's even a video.

http://www.geneticwar.com/interviews/siliana-gaspard/
  • vfnmoody
    vfnmoody Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Gullibility is sometimes a great characteristic in the ones we love.
    Think of him as a blessing .
  • Sockimobi
    Options

You may find they help strengthen the shoulder joint. I found I could do them the day after lifting weights. I've actually stopped doing kb circuits as I felt that combined with a calorie deficit, I was losing too much weight including LBM.

Thanks for the video link.

That's interesting. I was going to sign up to a class 2 years ago or so but thought it would interfere with rest days. I might give them a go. Can always use it as a door stop...
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    LOL photoshop!

dont be silly even if there is some touch up there she still is incredibly fit. and she has more dedication than everyone posting in this thread is my guess.
  • fugaj01
    fugaj01 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    http://www.ifemalefitness.com/siliana-gaspard-talks-with-ifemalefitness-article She doesn't do just kettlebells. It is not mentioned in this interview. I don't know what kettlebells only body would look like. So no help there. Sorry.
  • be_HBP
    be_HBP Posts: 1
    Options
    I heard the guys for the movie 300 used kettlebells almost exclusively to get in the shape they were. I sometimes use them and I do like them. It's all personal preference, I suppose.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    like others have said yeah you can get ripped with them because thats mostly diet. can they get you jacked though? i find it hard to imagine how you could use kettlebells to do heavy squats and deadlifts and bench press etc...
  • mrsbrasil
    mrsbrasil Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think so...kettlebells are awesome! Check out Steve Cotter and Marianne Kane. They do kettlebell workouts (Marianne does them at home). I use them, but be careful. You need to use them correctly or you may injure yourself, or someone around you for that matter! Yikes! Google those two people and see for yourself, and best of luck! You look so cute!:happy:
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    anybody else think the first pic is her PREGNANT? otherwise she looks awesome...
  • kimberly_grubbs
    kimberly_grubbs Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    i absolutely love kettlebells, but i doubt she got that body from them alone. as a previous reply already let you know, kettlebells definitely do have the ability to give you amazing HIT workouts and very much practical strength. you definitely need to make sure you're on point with form if you try them, because with crappy form you're just going to hurt yourself (as is such with all weighted workouts). you can also look up lauren brooks if you'd like a legit female kettlebeller.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    LOL photoshop!

dont be silly even if there is some touch up there she still is incredibly fit. and she has more dedication than everyone posting in this thread is my guess.

I don't think she meant her body. At first I too thought her face looked off just a bit.
  • luvsherhubby
    luvsherhubby Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    anybody else think the first pic is her PREGNANT? otherwise she looks awesome...

Yes in the video link she says she started lifting after sh had her baby.