I'm starting a tea fast soon, anyone want to join me?

Options
I would like to start the fast on monday and end on thursday. If anyone wants to join me, then message me :)

Replies

• Jasey25
    Options
    I'm in! I miss fasting <3 I'm in a different time zone so message me when your fast starts
  • skinnyplease1001
    skinnyplease1001 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    @Jasey25 Okay, I will !
  • 2013james
    Options
    Please explain?

Sounds like a very bad idea, but I'll hold off judgement until I know what you're actually doing?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    What does it entail?
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    :noway:
  • abrahamsitososa
    abrahamsitososa Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Not a big fan of fasting but what kind of teas will you be drinking? I might be interested. I'm at the hospital and there's nothing healthy here so fasting sounds like my best option at the moment.
  • 1990sophia1990
    1990sophia1990 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a fast with juice on tuesday but I'm not sure I could manage to just drink tea all day...even if I am a tea fanatic!
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I'm in. As long as "tea fast" means - drinking a tea fast before I eat all my meals. That's it, right?
  • abrahamsitososa
    abrahamsitososa Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a fast with juice on tuesday but I'm not sure I could manage to just drink tea all day...even if I am a tea fanatic!

I was thinking the same thing. Drinking tea all day... I don't have my juicer with me so I might just have to lol. Screw it I'm in!
  • skinnyplease1001
    Options
    A tea fast to me is drinking nothing but tea all day, for a few days. I usually drink lipton green tea and organic white tea for the fast.
  • skinnyplease1001
    Options
    Not Exactly, but If you wanted you can drink tea before all of your meals, I would recommend green tea
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    2287139-no_meme_rage_face.jpg
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    A tea fast to me is drinking nothing but tea all day, for a few days. I usually drink lipton green tea and organic white tea for the fast.

Why would you do this?
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    why is this under nutrition? not nutritional at all :huh:
  • Chinadorian
    Chinadorian Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Do you do this fast regularly? for religious reasons?.....I hope that would be the only reason. Because drinking a lot of tea would be great but without any other nutrient source for 3 days- thats havoc on your body.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Not a big fan of fasting but what kind of teas will you be drinking? I might be interested. I'm at the hospital and there's nothing healthy here so fasting sounds like my best option at the moment.
    Please tell me that "at the hospital" means you are visiting someone and NOT that you are either a patient (in which case, you shouldn't be fasting) or a medical professional (in which case, you should know better AND prolonged fasting could cause you to make a bad choice for one of your patients).
  • livsipops
    Options
    Ima get on this tea fast!
  • skinnyplease1001
    Options
    @Phaendra2013 I do this because I love fasting, and it is a great thing for your body, as long as you don't do it for long periods of time. It is a great cleanse for your body as the green tea contains many antioxidants, and it helps boost your metabolism
  • thedandylion
    Options
    I don't agree with this either but it is you're own choice.

I follow somebody on tumblr who is doing a juice diet (juicing veg down etc) in order to lose weight fast, I don't agree with this either. If you're not losing weight by eating a normal diet, it's not for me.
  • ChrisWag
    ChrisWag Posts: 169
    Options
    Be careful. By not eating for days, you put yout bodu into starvation mode, so the things you begin to eat when you are done your body will hold onto like glue.
    This is not a smart idea..... Just saying.... Try one that at least allows fruit and veggies... at least this way your body still has to metabolise something!
    Be safe!! :)
This discussion has been closed.