I'm starting a tea fast soon, anyone want to join me?

Options

Replies

• skinnyplease1001
    skinnyplease1001 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    @Chinadorian It may seem that it can do some serious damage to your body, but in my experience it feels okay, and I honestly don't get pangs of hunger at all. Like I said it can only do damage, if you do it for long periods of time
  • abrahamsitososa
    abrahamsitososa Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Not a big fan of fasting but what kind of teas will you be drinking? I might be interested. I'm at the hospital and there's nothing healthy here so fasting sounds like my best option at the moment.
    Please tell me that "at the hospital" means you are visiting someone and NOT that you are either a patient (in which case, you shouldn't be fasting) or a medical professional (in which case, you should know better AND prolonged fasting could cause you to make a bad choice for one of your patients).

My baby is in the hospital. My son. And fasting is not a bad thing but I'm really not in the mood to debate this topic. I actually think it's a very healthy habit to fast once in a while to cleanse the body. It's debatable and controversial no doubt about it.
  • skinnyplease1001
    Options
    Be careful. By not eating for days, you put yout bodu into starvation mode, so the things you begin to eat when you are done your body will hold onto like glue.
    This is not a smart idea..... Just saying.... Try one that at least allows fruit and veggies... at least this way your body still has to metabolise something!
    Be safe!! :)

Thank you for your concern, I appreciate it, but I assure you that I will be fine. This isn't the first time I have done this :)
  • skinnyplease1001
    Options
    I'm in. As long as "tea fast" means - drinking a tea fast before I eat all my meals. That's it, right?

Not exactly, a tea fast is drinking tea all day, for a few days at a time :)
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I'm in. As long as "tea fast" means - drinking a tea fast before I eat all my meals. That's it, right?

Not exactly, a tea fast is drinking tea all day, for a few days at a time :)

what is a "few" days?

one day, as in 24 hours, would be fine.

4 days would be damaging and just whack.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome, where can I buy Bacon Tea?
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Not a big fan of fasting but what kind of teas will you be drinking? I might be interested. I'm at the hospital and there's nothing healthy here so fasting sounds like my best option at the moment.
    Please tell me that "at the hospital" means you are visiting someone and NOT that you are either a patient (in which case, you shouldn't be fasting) or a medical professional (in which case, you should know better AND prolonged fasting could cause you to make a bad choice for one of your patients).

My baby is in the hospital. My son. And fasting is not a bad thing but I'm really not in the mood to debate this topic. I actually think it's a very healthy habit to fast once in a while to cleanse the body. It's debatable and controversial no doubt about it.

Ah, okay then. Hope he gets to go home soon. I actually fast routinely, but I cannot imagine doing it for more than one day or while dealing with that kind of stuff. Whatever works for you.
  • seiser3
    seiser3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It is funny how people chime in with the starvation mode concern and the unhealthyness of fasting. I think being obese or overweight on a daily basis exceeds the risk of periodic daily fasting. In addition, I can imagine a lot of people are against this periodic fasting due to the actual inability and lack of self control to do a challenge like this. In addition, I am not a doctor but I don't think 96 hours of fasting is going to be tradgic to ones metabolism or their long term health. At least they are staying hydrated.
  • abrahamsitososa
    Options

Ah, okay then. Hope he gets to go home soon. I actually fast routinely, but I cannot imagine doing it for more than one day or while dealing with that kind of stuff. Whatever works for you.

I've honestly never done a tea fast. I've done a raw juice fast and had great results + tons of energy. If for some reason I feel like I can't handle it I will have some raw fruits. But it's only until Thursday so it ain't no thing. Jesus Christ and other persons have done it for about 40 days without dying.
  • abrahamsitososa
    Options
    Ghandi used to fast a lot as well. Went for 21 days on a hunger strike and didn't die so I think it's pretty safe. As long as we don't exercise while doing it.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    It is funny how people chime in with the starvation mode concern and the unhealthyness of fasting. I think being obese or overweight on a daily basis exceeds the risk of periodic daily fasting. In addition, I can imagine a lot of people are against this periodic fasting due to the actual inability and lack of self control to do a challenge like this. In addition, I am not a doctor but I don't think 96 hours of fasting is going to be tradgic to ones metabolism or their long term health. At least they are staying hydrated.

Current scientific literature seems to support short term fasting. All studies either point to fasting being beneficial, or to having no effect whatsoever.

The oh-my-gawd-starvation-mode-you're-gonna-die bullsh*t is complete bro-science and wives tales.
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    Ghandi used to fast a lot as well. Went for 21 days on a hunger strike and didn't die so I think it's pretty safe. As long as we don't exercise while doing it.

good lord

you think 21 days without food is "pretty safe"?

please do some research and quit promoting unsafe and dangerous practices
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    4r555555555555555555555555555555[]'pppp

Ghandi did that as a protest, not for weight loss. Its completely different. Are you suggesting the OP is being oppressed? Currently there are people lighting themselves on fire for protesting. I would not recommend a burn yourself exfoliation and I do not recommend drinking only tea... Unless its green tea ice cream. That stuff is awesome.
  • abrahamsitososa
    Options

Current scientific literature seems to support short term fasting. All studies either point to fasting being beneficial, or to having no effect whatsoever.

The oh-my-gawd-starvation-mode-you're-gonna-die bullsh*t is complete bro-science and wives tales.

Fasting has been given a bad rep because of the crazy azz anorexic Hollywood stars that take diet pills and exercise while doing it and probably even make themselves barf as well. They end up in the hospital and yes that is starvation. Fasting to me is just giving my intestine a break so it can focus all it's energy and attention into digesting and eliminating things that are glued to it like flour and wheat that can stay there for very long periods. Some people choose to go get a colonic hydrotherapy and I prefer to eliminate the natural way by fasting.
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options

Correct! Fasting is now scientifically proven to heal the body & extend life! Unless you are underweight , near goal weight or have a medical condition such as diabetes or heart failure a 3 day fast will do more good than harm. Modern culture and big bucks in the food industry would have us believe we need 3 square meals a day every day to thrive. We don't, we all, me included eat far far too much!
    I would join you myself but I already have a 5:3 ratio restricted calorie (0-500max) day lifestyle..which my GP approves off and am happily losing weight on...and with improving health!!!
  • abrahamsitososa
    Options

good lord

you think 21 days without food is "pretty safe"?

please do some research and quit promoting unsafe and dangerous practices

Lol I didn't want to get into a debate but seriously don't make me laugh. How about we both go to the doctor and compare our blood sugar, blood pressure, ph levels, hdl and ldl cholesterol levels, triglycerides, electrolytes and then maybe you can school me?
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

Fasting has been given a bad rep because of the crazy azz

idea that because Ghandi did it for 21 days then it must be pretty safe
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Right after I gouge out my eyes with a toothbrush shiv. Brb.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Be careful. By not eating for days, you put yout bodu into starvation mode, so the things you begin to eat when you are done your body will hold onto like glue.
    This is not a smart idea..... Just saying.... Try one that at least allows fruit and veggies... at least this way your body still has to metabolise something!
    Be safe!! :)
    While I'm not a fan of fasting for weight loss, I disagree that fasting for a few days will put the body into starvation mode.
    I've fasted for 3 days on doctor's orders, for a medical procedure. I found that at the end I was hungry, and had a meal. I neither lost nor gained any real weight.
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options

Correct! Fasting is now scientifically proven to heal the body & extend life! Unless you are underweight , near goal weight or have a medical condition such as diabetes or heart failure a 3 day fast will do more good than harm. Modern culture and big bucks in the food industry would have us believe we need 3 square meals a day every day to thrive. We don't, we all, me included eat far far too much!
    I would join you myself but I already have a 5:3 ratio restricted calorie (0-500max) day lifestyle..which my GP approves off and am happily losing weight on...and with improving health!!!

How about producing the references for your scientific studies proving an overall survival benefit for fasting - I for one would really like to evaluate the study design and results of these trials, as well as the publication source. I'm sure others would like to have this information also.
This discussion has been closed.