Replies

• Sondrasr
    Options
    +2.

No I really love mine.
  • hermione_ar
    hermione_ar Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    i have a fitbit & wear it every day to encourage me to hit the goals i set for myself (steps/day, stairs, distance) and i have a polar ft4 for my workouts. love both of them for different reason & uses.

Same here! I wear my fitbit to keep track of my steps as I work on my feet all day (usually around 15,000 per day when working), then use my heart rate monitor with chest strap for swimming or cycling. I have a cheaper Bios HRM, works great, haven't had any problems with it.
  • claireb05
    claireb05 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have the polar ft4 and it is easy to set up and use. You can also use it swimming which is a bonus!
  • MizManda180
    MizManda180 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I think I'm going to get the polar f4 :-)
  • woodsy0912
    Options
    Great choice. I love my FT4. I have both the Fitbit and the FT4 and utilize both. I find the HRM to be more useful to my needs though. I'll still wear my fitbit around a couple of days a week to confirm my activity level.
  • shannonthegreek
    Options
    polar ft4!!!! awesome!
  • japhilli3
    japhilli3 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT60. I love it. It has a chest strap and is easy to use. Best thing -- unlike some of the other polar watches, you can change the battery yourself vs. having to mail it in when it dies...
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I had a Polar FT4 but upgraded it to the FT7 recently.

There was nothing wrong with the FT4, in fact, it was fantastic but my needs changed and the FT7 suited them better.

I'm curious, what do you use on your FT7 that makes it an upgrade for you?

The main thing is it tells you if you are improving fitness or burning fat.

I also like that the FT7 came with a storage bag but this wasn't a factor in my decision, don't notice it till it had been delivered.
  • _namaste_
    _namaste_ Posts: 246
    Options
    I have a polar ft60 and it is amazing! It has a chest strap and I find it extremely accurate. :)
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I bought the Polar FT7 recently and I love it. I haven't had too much time yet to nerd out and use all of its features so maybe someone who has can speak to that.
  • djdube525
    djdube525 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    2nd the Garmin because of he GPS... I have a 350 cycling computer that I tuck in my pocket if I go or a run or walk.

Garmin has a nice online site (Garmin Connect) where you can store your workouts, track heart rate, cadence, speed, elevation, distance, etc throughout our workout.

The Garmin's are a bi pricier... But worth it with all the add on features.
  • woodsy0912
    Options
    Also, remember to wet the electrodes (the rubber part that goes right against the chest) right before you put it on.

When you are done working out, don't forget to take it off. (The batteries will run down faster)

When you have to change the batteries, consider taking it to a shop or you might lose the waterproof-ness of it.

And lastly, don't forget to put on the watch as well as the strap! I have gone out for a couple of runs and forgot to do this and felt like a doof. :laugh:
  • BlairCottier
    BlairCottier Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have the polar FT7 and love it. I did a ton of research on the different types out there, and it really depends on what your needs are. If you are a runner or cyclist, garmins are for you because it has a more accurate gps along with all of the basic HRM components. If you want simplicity, something that will give you your heart rate and calories burned and nothing else, go with a cheaper version of the polar. If you want something that stores your workouts so you can compare your fitness goals, along with the basic heart rate/calorie burn than go with the polar FT7. Mine was about $130 US dollars. I love it because it does have a component that stores your workouts so you can compare your progress as you go. I am sure you will love whichever one you get! All are great tools :)
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I have a polar FT40 (they don't make them anymore) But I love it. Any of the polar's are a great choice. Chest strap is a must!
  • quishajuice
    quishajuice Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I looked into lots of HRMs before buying mine and decided on a Polar FT4 which has a chest strap. Those are crucial to get the most accurate results. I love love love it!! and the chest strap isn't uncomfortable like I thought it would be. They retail on the Polar site for about $100 but you can find them on Amazon for $50-60.
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4, it has the chest strap and I love it!! :D

This considering all the calories are over estimated on here I wouldn't know what I would do without it and its always good to know how good you are doing
  • abbyy182
    Options
    I have Wahoo Fitness HRM. It connects to my iPhone via BlueTooth and its fantastic ! I strap my phone to my arm (if running) and away it works :)
  • raeganjayne15
    Options
    my polar ft4 is with me every single time i work out. had it for a few months now. easy to use, comfortable to wear, easy to read, about 60 bucks. looked in to the ft7, but seemed to do more than i needed. determine what you want it to do, compare some brands and make an educated choice.

good luck.

Same here. My FT4 is simple and all I need to log my Les Mills Classes
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I have a polar ft7. It comes with a chest strap. It is really easy to use. I only use it for my workouts to see how many calories I burned. I love it.

I believe this is the one my friend has and she loves it, so I am leaning towards this one.

I have the Polar ft4 which is cheaper than the ft7. It doesn't sync to your computer but it does give heart rate, training zones and calories burned. It also has the chest strap. Easy to set up and use.