What is your favorite snack?

Options

Replies

• Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    jalapeno poppers made with fat free cream cheese and reduced fat cheddar, then baked. So yummy and low in calories!

poppers-1.jpg
  • AMaverickRenegade
    AMaverickRenegade Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My favorite snack is five whole wheat Ritz crackers with a Laughing Cow cheese wedge. The garlic and herb is the best. It's a total of 105 calories.
  • runningwild00
    Options
    grapes are great! also carrots and hummus
  • veddar79
    veddar79 Posts: 205
    Options
    Dark chocolate.
  • RoadsterMomma
    RoadsterMomma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    frozen banana "ice cream" with a tsp of peanut butter- freeze a banana- then put it in a food processor- pulse it until it turns creamy (it will, I promise!!!- at first it looks like gravel- but keep going)- add a tsp of pnut butter- or squirt of chocolate syrup or just eat it plain. I've also topped it with coconut flakes, chopped walnuts, mini chocolate chips, etc.- if I have extra calories- YUMMY!!! cures my craving for ice cream!

cutie clementines too

pistachios

but my fave is the "ice cream!"
  • c_rizzy
    c_rizzy Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    1/2 pomegranate I eat them all the time. They are soo good, and they are good for you!
  • hwjssc
    hwjssc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    2 grahm crackers with fat free wipped cream (freeze) just like a ice cream sandwich :)
  • missjeanlouise
    missjeanlouise Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I cut up tons of veggies (different colored bell peppers, raw cauliflower, zucchini slices, carrots, celery, pea pods, raw green beans...) and pack them in Tupperware containers for the week. Grab one if those with either a serving of hummus or 2 wedges of laughing cow as a dip. Sooooooo much food for so few calories!

Pistachios. Either just a bunch of nuts (shelling them as I go slows down my consumption!) or shell them and place a few dark chocolate chips in there.

Dried apricots. Have to be careful with this one.

Plain old Cheerios, eaten dry. Of course a few chocolate chips in there wouldn't go amiss...

Cereal in general. I've stopped this for now because I was really overdoing it (e.g., eating cereal 3+ times per day), but there are some good ones for snacking. Frosted mini wheats are a good sweet and crunchy snack.
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    frozen kiwis
    then frozen grapes
    then frozen blueberries
  • yummymeats
    Options
    skippy peanut butter but god its awful. bread and butter pickle chips (those are low too :D) and rice chex
  • breasonable
    breasonable Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Spinach chips! They are so good....
  • christa96
    christa96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Blue diamond dark chocolate (cocoa) almonds!!! DELICIOUS... however, be sure to manage the serving sizes!
  • sanibelshell
    sanibelshell Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's fresh mozz sticks
    72% cocoa chocolate- satifies chocolate craving but bitter enough I only want 1/4 of a single serving bar
    Gerbers cheese puffs- very low in salt, sugar and calories- good too
    celery sticks with low fat onion chive cream cheese
    Fage greek yogurt with chia seeds before meals- chia seeds expand kinda like tapioca and fills you up
    almond butter on apple slices
    I agree- coffee is filling too
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I like to eat sticks of butter and bacon. Just kidding. If I'm in the mood for healthy, my favorite snack is grapes and low-fat string cheese. The light Laughing Cow cheese is awesome too. It's good on celery or english muffins.

God yes. Laughing cow cheese wedges. I dip pretzel sticks in it. Soo good.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    reduced fat wheat thins with hummus
    string cheese
    4 ounces vanilla non fat greek yogurt
    rice cakes with apple butter
    fiber one bars
    dry cereal (measure servings in baggies)
    banana with pb
  • carissa317
    Options
    Boiled Eggs with a little salt or Greek Yogurt!
    Really easy on the go snacks, and full of protein, with not a lot of calories!
  • robindina
    robindina Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I like the fun-size bags of Teddy Grahams. They are only 60 calories each and have many teddies in them :)
    When I have some more calories to play with I would dip them in peanut butter, flavored yogurt or ice-cream :blushing:

Yesterday I tried the Jello temptations chocolate mousse. Not too bad for 60 calories.

You can also look up the 3-2-1 cake. I've never made it but many on the boards love it.

I haven't had Teddy Grahams in forever..

I love sliced apples with peanut butter.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Dried mango
    Greek yogurt
    Pistachios & cashews
    Bananas. I love bananas.
  • bertypainter
    Options
    1/2 cup chex mix or about 12 animal crackers, vanilla wafers, fruit salad, a banana, sometimes 1/2 cup yogurt with strawberries mixed in.
    if you crave ice cream, buy a bag of frozen mixed fruit, put 8 oz in the blender add 2or 3 packages of sweetener then whatever liquid you want, juice works well or even kool aid , blend until it looks like sherbet, this is really good and you can adapt it to whatever you like.
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I am low carb, so my go-to easy snack faves include hard boiled eggs, off-the-bone deli turkey, ham and cream cheese roll ups, strawberries with whipped heavy cream and extra extra extra EXTRA sharp cheddar cheese! :) Oh, and cucumbers, cherry tomatoes and bell pepper strips. Nom. :)