Ladies share your beauty tips others may/may not know..

Options

Replies

• CourtneyGetsFit_
    Options
    Body Scrub
    Mix brown sugar, oatmeal, & olive oil together. Massage into skin then rinse off in the shower. I use a hair stopper so the oatmeal won't clog the drain. It makes your skin super soft.
  • dalh
    dalh Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    bumping to try a few of these things later :)
  • workandachieve
    Options
    If you have dry feet/heels try Soap and Glory - Heel Genius, apply then put on socks and it's an amazing difference.
    If anyones got tuggy/thick hair and looking for a good hairbrush try Tangle Teezers! Amazing on wet and dry hair!
    I swear by Niva Moisturiser!
    If you have dry lips try lightly scrubbing them with a gentle exfoliator like the mini Soap and Glory one and it leaves your lips reeeallly soft!
    Avoid any products with SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulphate)
    That's all I can think of at the moment! Hope I helped.. xx
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    - to get voluminous hair, I blow dry with my head upside down until my hair is almost dry, then I round brush the ends for polish. when I wear my hair wavy, I use my straightener to curl it for a relaxed kind of beach wave. NEVER touch the roots with the straightener, or it's bye bye volume.

- I like to use root boosting foam also to help the volume last.

- I use baby oil to remove eye makeup. It has never bothered my skin and works like a charm.

- my fav product is rosebud salve. It comes in a little tin and it works on lips, cuticles, pretty much anywhere. You can buy it at bath & body works or sephora.
  • Danilynn1975
    Danilynn1975 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    weird trick to make hair thicker. do not laugh, because it works.

monistat 7 cream worked into the scalp before bed. wash out the next morning, do it every other week for about 2 months, wait 3 months and repeat. hair becomes thicker.

yes, yeast infection cure works for your hair.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    -Wash your body with scrubby gloves on so your skin is smooth and baby soft. Don't use on face though!
    -Lotion is your friend. Lotion liberally daily from head to toe
    -Drink plenty of water daily, at least 64 oz.
    -Get at least 7 hours of sleep every 24 hours, preferably at night
    -Wear colors that flatter your skin tone
  • Niivsmom
    Niivsmom Posts: 145
    Options
    Ok, I am not a beauty diva... just a stay at home mom that needs to feel pretty every day cause I have too many mirrors at home....

Body:
    Dove moisturizing body wash is perfect! Smells so good and I swear you never have to use lotion again. It leaves even your feet nice and moisturized! And I personally have never had a problem with breakouts from it... Other soaps I have. I even use it on my face!

Face:
    Tinted moisturizer!! A must! It's perfect.

Mary Kay microdermabrasion kit leaves your skin AMAZING. Mary Kay dark spot remover is INCREDIBLE! My mom had horrible horrible skin discoloration and this worked in less than 1 month.

Neutrogena blush, great natural shades!

Baby Soft for the lips!

Hair:
    Nexxus volumizing lotion.... love it! I have curly hair, this tames my curls and leavs my hair incredibly soft.

To avoid too much shower hair loss I condition only once or twice a week. Even though I have curly hair it can be a little oily and conditioner can actually promote the hair loss. (I have a lot of hair, but I was having a problem with major hair loss) It has totally worked. ....Normal hair loss only now!

Feet:
    Mr. Pumice! @ Sally's Beauty. Purple pumice bar.... it is all you need for dry heels don't use ped-egg or similar cheese grater stuff. Waste of money. Mr. Pumice is like less than $3 bucks and works so much better!
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    -rosehip oil for acne, acne scars, creases.

-olive oil/white sugar mixed together as an exfoliant for my body that also moisturizes

-lemon juice on a cotton ball as a cheap way to remove dead skin from my face, helps remove blackheads/whiteheads, helps acne to heal, and makes my face glow!
  • changingforthegood
    Options
    Where do you all buy coconut oil ?

Walmart the whole jar is about 5 dollars. but it last a very long time if you are just using it for beauty.. I also cook with it. It is ALOT healthier for you to use. If i bake anything i use it instead of oil, and if i am cooking like eggs, or anything like that i use it as well.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    WAX WAX WAX. You have *kitten* hair. Everyone does. Don;t believe me? Have a look

hair is so gross and weird, why were we born with it at all?!
  • aszwarc
    aszwarc Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    If you want to use foundation primer without the big pricetag, use Monistat Anti-chafing cream instead. Yes, just rub it on your face after moisturizer but before foundation. It's the same silicone and talc that Smashbox and other companies charge a lot more for.
  • Dreamerlove
    Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I'm not putting peroxide in my mouth!

Use cold water as the final rinse on your hair to make it shine.

Peroxide is meant to go in your mouth, the front of the bottle reads "oral rinse" Well, OP and I will have bright white teeth, I rinse with it after brushing about 1x weekly.

One of my fav tips are using baby powder as a dry shampoo. Every night before bed I put some in my palm and then add to my scalp all over. My cousin works at a high class salon and she told me the trick. That way you don't have to wash your hair so often for more healthy locks! :)
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    1. Rinse your hair with cold water for more shine and less frizz
    2. Argan oil is amazing for defining and de-frizzing curly hair
    3. The more you wax, the less it hurts
    4. Monistat anti-chafing gel is the exact same thing as eye shadow primer but in a big tube
    5. Exfoliate exfoliate exfoliate

EDIT: I do the peroxide mouth wash too. It works wonders.
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I use a combo of vaseline and aquaphor on my lips and hands at night. This works wonders especially if you have very dry skin.
    I also apply baby oil to my skin when it's damp....makes it so shiny and soft!
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    chemical peels :)
  • pswyd61
    pswyd61 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Great topic! I have a wonderful beauty tip I've never seen anywhere else - Before applying moisturizer/makeup etc., put some
    Visine drops in your eyes. They really wake them up and make your eyes noticeably brighter. I've also noticed that when my
    eyes feel fresh and clear, I have more energy!

Also, I use Vaseline liberally on my hands, feet and lips at night. My hands feel and look like they did when I was 20 (and I'm
    51 now), but I have to use it every night, because if I skip a night, they go back to looking kind of crinkly. I also don't have those
    lines above the lips when I use it. Although I might give coconut oil a try, since it probably does the same thing, but might
    smell nicer! I'll let you all know!
  • sunset1004
    sunset1004 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Lucassvg
    Lucassvg Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Never to go bed without removing your make up. Encourage your skin to breathe occasionally by not wearing makeup everyday. Morrocan Argan Oil is good for your hair and skin. We exercise our bodies so exercise your face especially massaging, this increases blood flow and promotes a healthy skin.

I do believe that our genes have a lot to do with good skin.
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    If you're doing a "wing" with your eyeliner or shadow, follow the line of your lower lid so it looks a little less like costume makeup... Also, use your nostrils as guides for where to put your lipliner. Draw a small dot under each nostril on the upper and lower lip, and connect them with a V (top) and a straight line (bottom). It keeps you nice and symmetrical :) I have more, but none off the top of my head
  • Dreamerlove
    Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    for vitamin E for scars..? How do you use it? A pill, oil..?