Anybody ride a motorcycle?

Options
13»

Replies

• Psychosian
    Options
    I eventually got heated grips, simply cos they were on offer when I went in to get my bike serviced!

I'm only 5'1 and had a Suzuki Gladius. They're quite low anyway, and I had it lowered further so it was perfect for me. :)
  • emilykg12
    emilykg12 Posts: 119
    Options
    I have a scooter (a Stella)! It's my favorite thing in the world. I can't wait until it warms up so I can get 100 miles per gallon again.
  • Scribble27
    Scribble27 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I ride, usually in all weathers and conditions, however you know your skill, we don't so it's a call you've got to make yourself.
  • Sycoholic
    Sycoholic Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I've ridden in some pretty nasty stuff and in turn have frozen my *kitten* off. I live in the NC mountains so I get caught in hail storms, snow, and rain all the time. Your hands are critical and will freeze without very good gloves or decent gloves and heated grips. Basically, anything hit by the wind will get cold. If I ride my Ninja the wind goes down my back, so when it gets cold out I dress out my cruiser (strip it for summer) and ride that. Now, I've ridden in 10 below 0 (F) and 4" of snow before. Don't necessarily recommend it though. My face shield frosted over to the point I couldn't see where I was going. Fun times.
  • fysty75
    fysty75 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I ride a PURPLE 2001 HD RoadKing
  • callmeLyss
    callmeLyss Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My husband has one! I ride with him all the time. He want's me to get my license, but I am too scared!!
  • veddar79
    veddar79 Posts: 205
    Options
    HD Fatboy here. I wear under armour cold weather base gear and can handle 40's.

Good gloves and boots help. Anything below that, too cold for me.