WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Lean in closer to your monitor so I can answer this question for you

Slap.gif
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Hello, everybody!

Im Ariana, and I started my liquid diet today... Im not sure if I'm doing everything right, but Im gonna try it out for about 3 or 4 days and see how my body reacts to it.

Im planning on drinking juice (sugar free), coffee (using water), tea, and water, and maybe vitamin water... But the most important thing is that I dont touch any chocolate, sweets, or any of that stuff. Im also thinking of eating a light breakfast each morning to start my system.... Any advice, guys?

Love, Ariana

What juice is sugar free?

How else would you make coffee?

Choose a more long term and sustainable approach to weight loss.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    liquid diet = malnutrition & liquid poo

SOUNDS AWESOME!

This, with your name, amazing.

Don't look at this as a diet or you will just yo-yo. Retrain yourself to eat correctly and healthy.
  • dhydes2
    dhydes2 Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm doing a protein water 1 day diet, every other day. It's basically 100% Whey protein mixed with water and you drink that for the entire day, about 8-9 glasses. It's supposed to keep you full because of the protein and your body "eats" the stored nutrients that the body holds on to. It's the Jennifer Jolan diet. On the off days you eat normally or I should say healthy. It's not as extreme as just fasting, but it does cleanse the body and helps with the weight. I've been doing it off and on for a while and I've lost a couple of inches.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    only liquid diet that ever worked for me was in college when I had to choose between beer and food.

I got my drinks for free :laugh:
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    WTF
  • maxonehiphop
    maxonehiphop Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Some folks are being kind of harsh. I'm sorry. There is a lot of good advice in this thread but also a lot of opinion. Juice, coffee, tea and water only isn't a great idea.

Your body needs fuel.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    OP, I hope you can tell from the response here that no one is going to support you on a liquid diet because it;'s unhealthy and frankly, it's downright dangerous. I know whereof I speak.

Back when Oprah lost a wagon-full of fat on a liquid diet called Optifast, I signed up. Sure, I lost weight, and fast....about 20 lbs, in 3 weeks. But the re-introduction to solid food was sorely lacking. When I finally DID eat, the weight came back and then some....just as quickly as it came off.

Also, while on this liquid diet, I had to know where every bathroom in the tri-county area was, because your poo is watery and very explosive. I was exhausted and felt weak alllll the time because of the malnutrition.

The ONLY thing that works is following your TDEE and exercising. Of course you will not lose as fast as a liquid diet, but you will be healthier, stronger, have more energy, and if you're doing it right, it will become a lifestyle instead of a diet.
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    "Sugar free juice"?? Where?
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a protein water 1 day diet, every other day. It's basically 100% Whey protein mixed with water and you drink that for the entire day, about 8-9 glasses. It's supposed to keep you full because of the protein and your body "eats" the stored nutrients that the body holds on to. It's the Jennifer Jolan diet. On the off days you eat normally or I should say healthy. It's not as extreme as just fasting, but it does cleanse the body and helps with the weight. I've been doing it off and on for a while and I've lost a couple of inches.

Please . . . . tell me you're kidding.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Liquid diet = Yes, doing it all very very wrong:explode:
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Hello, everybody!

Im Ariana, and I started my liquid diet today... Im not sure if I'm doing everything right, but Im gonna try it out for about 3 or 4 days and see how my body reacts to it.

Im planning on drinking juice (sugar free), coffee (using water), tea, and water, and maybe vitamin water... But the most important thing is that I dont touch any chocolate, sweets, or any of that stuff. Im also thinking of eating a light breakfast each morning to start my system.... Any advice, guys?

Love, Ariana

Sugar free juice, isn't that water? How do you propose to give your body all the protein, essential fatty acids, fibre, minerals and vitamins it needs for optimum function? Otherwise expect your digestive system to stop, you to become constipated, dehydrated, put your body into a state of stress, if you are 'lucky' a dangerous electrolyte imbalance. Coffee and tea are both diuretic, not in any way unhealthy as a small component of a healthy diet not so much as a huge proportion.

Oh yes you can easily dehydrate even on a liquid diet, your body needs macronutrients to hold onto that water. And no the body cannot tell the difference between a very low calorie diet/ 'detox'/ 'cleanse' and a famine.
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Your body does not need cleansing. How is this going for you? Are you miserable on the liquid days? How long have you been doing it? Will you be able to keep it up the rest of your life?
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    My advice is to befriend a few of these people on here, and then view what they eat in their diaries. Use it to figure out what to eat yourself.

Let MFP calculate your calories, or find out your TDEE. Add in some healthy exercise, and you got a plan that will work in the long term.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12 < always a good thread to read for a newbie.

Start out slow, don't let it overwhelm you and cause you to quit.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Hello, everybody!

Love, Ariana
    Yes, you're doing it wrong.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • pinky_pie
    pinky_pie Posts: 127
    Options
    OP, I hope you can tell from the response here that no one is going to support you on a liquid diet because it;'s unhealthy and frankly, it's downright dangerous. I know whereof I speak.

Back when Oprah lost a wagon-full of fat on a liquid diet called Optifast, I signed up. Sure, I lost weight, and fast....about 20 lbs, in 3 weeks. But the re-introduction to solid food was sorely lacking. When I finally DID eat, the weight came back and then some....just as quickly as it came off.

Also, while on this liquid diet, I had to know where every bathroom in the tri-county area was, because your poo is watery and very explosive. I was exhausted and felt weak alllll the time because of the malnutrition.

The ONLY thing that works is following your TDEE and exercising. Of course you will not lose as fast as a liquid diet, but you will be healthier, stronger, have more energy, and if you're doing it right, it will become a lifestyle instead of a diet.

Jana, I totally remember when Oprah went on her liquid Optifast diet (though I thought it was slim fast because that's what I tried - didn't work). She came out looking all slim and slender - and then she gained it all back and then some because she started to eat real food again!

OP, this could happen to you too and really upend your metabolism :( That would be awful for you.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    This is absurd.
    As people have mentioned, Ariana, you're setting yourself up to fail.
    One word...Oprah....
    :noway:
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Liquid Diets.... Am I doing it wrong?

Yes.

Definitely yes. Try looking it intermittent fasting instead, if this kind of thing appeals.
  • Irena222
    Options
    ZOMG LIQUID DIETS FTW!