I have a COCA COLA ADDICTION!

Options
13»

Replies

• Lizzyhwhearts
    Lizzyhwhearts Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    i had to drink a bottle of water an hour after my kidneystone surgery.
    and basically when you've had nothing but water constantly for 2 weeks and that's all you can have,it looses its taste..
    but i have gone back to coke.. but, i DONT keep it in the house anymore..
    i NEVER drank water.. i drank coke like it wasnt nothing,no tellin how many calories i consumed drinking it.
    Oh girl, trust me i know its hard to kick! ESPECIALLY ROUTE 44 CHERRY COKES from sonic<3
    but, by me not making it avalivalible to myself, i cant drink it.

I feel for you- water feels somewhat like a fate worse than death :p lol started my 'new year,new me' workout routine today and had two glasses of water after (probably the first in years!) but I'm determined not to drink my calories any longer. I guess I kind of thought it had to be an all or nothing kind of thing like an alcoholic (once you quit you cant touch it again) I guess it wouldn't be so bad if I only drank it out of the house... Right...? Lol
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    So..Yes Im addicted to Coca Cola... I also am only drinking water as a beverage since i quit drinking coke!

Well done! Much better for you.
  • Lizzyhwhearts
    Options
    Migraines are probably because of caffeine withdrawal. You could take caffine tablets. If you dislike water then you can buy some of those zero cal water flavourings to make it taste better.

Caffeine tablets? Any brands you could recommend or suggest? I live in the uk so if they were ailable over here that would be great. Same with The water flavourings, I'm not sure we have them but I could get them on amazon or something :/

Thankyou for your help!!!
    Xx
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    [
    Caffeine tablets? Any brands you could recommend or suggest?

jet alert
    no doze

exederin aspirin also has caffeine in it

any tablet that lists ingredients as caffeine

they usually come in 200 mg each
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Wow thats a hell of an addiction. There was actually an article about a woman in Australia (I think) who drank nothing but Soda all damn day for about 10-18 years and she died because of it. It was the only liquid that she drank. Her body couldn't deal with it any longer and just quit. I am glad you quit. You will soon find out that after a few months if you try to have just one that your stomach will hurt and you will feel horrible. It has happened to me. I can no longer drink the stuff.
  • tigerfrog328
    Options
    I struggle everyday with my soda problem. I gave it up for lent 3 years ago and lost 25 pounds just from the soda loss. but got right back into drinking it. Life got to be too much and I missed the caffeine/soda intake and I took it up again. I felt so much better when I didn't drink it. I drank so much more water and was looking at a healthier life. If you switch to the diet....the fake sugar is not good for you. There is aspartame in there that is really bad for you. Goodluck with your new goal of giving up the coke a cola. It will be a struggle. But hang in there and you can do it!
  • tigerfrog328
    Options
    Hey, I'm really glad you brought this up.

I'm ADDICTED to Dr Pepper, I drink at least 4 litres a day (no joke) I've recently cut down but Id love to quit as 4 litres is pretty excessive. I know I could switch to diet but I want to stop with the fizzy drinks as I'm starting to get issues with my teeth and I always feel bloated. The thought of water doesn't excite me :/ any tips on how to quit? Last time I went cold turkey I got headaches for 4 days and the headaches got so bad I gave in. I drink hot tea to replace some of the caffeine but it doesn't touch the sides, any help or ideas?

Thankyou for making me feel like I'm not the only one with this addiction

Xxx

I have cut back on the soda a little each day. stopping cold turkey will be tough. The migraines get so intense and can make anyone go right back to drinking them. I was drinking (2 - 4) Liters a day. So I understand where you are coming from. You can cut back and ween yourself off. I got down to 1 can a day. and yesterday was my first day of no soda what so ever! It's taken me 2.5 years to get to this again. :-) I'm proud of myself and you can do it as well. if you give in one day, don't get upset with yourself. Just vow the next day you will not have any. Each day is a new day.
  • Aitm20
    Aitm20 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I was given Fiorinal (with caffeine) for headaches. Don't need them much anymore. Withdrawal also caused mood swings for a few days.,,I was never able to drink the diet coke (bleeech)....I've had 4+ kidney stones for drinking more coke than water. Didn't stop me at all, my fat bloated belly did and boy did it go down when I stopped. I still think coke is liquid heaven in a can but I will not ruin the progress I've had with the weight loss. Sheesh you'd think we were recovering alcoholics or something! Coke addiction is very very veryyy strong but looking in the mirror and liking what you see and clothes looking good on you: PRICELESS
  • Aitm20
    Aitm20 Posts: 92 Member
    Options

I have cut back on the soda a little each day. stopping cold turkey will be tough. The migraines get so intense and can make anyone go right back to drinking them. I was drinking (2 - 4) Liters a day. So I understand where you are coming from. You can cut back and ween yourself off. I got down to 1 can a day. and yesterday was my first day of no soda what so ever! It's taken me 2.5 years to get to this again. :-) I'm proud of myself and you can do it as well. if you give in one day, don't get upset with yourself. Just vow the next day you will not have any. Each day is a new day.
    [ Congrats! A soft drink WILL NOT take control of our lives! You can do this! Good luck to you all! We're pretty much all on the same boat here.
  • eAddict
    eAddict Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I was addicted to Pepsi growing up.. then coffee in the Army and College. I tried to cut out the soda and caffeine but that didn't make me a nice person to be around and I was always sluggish and had a headache. I knew it was the caffeine. I changed to Diet Soda, about MAYBE 1 can/day. And I have cut coffee way down as well. I just lowered the intake over a long period of time and now things are better.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I was addicted to Pepsi growing up.. then coffee in the Army and College. I tried to cut out the soda and caffeine but that didn't make me a nice person to be around and I was always sluggish and had a headache. I knew it was the caffeine. I changed to Diet Soda, about MAYBE 1 can/day. And I have cut coffee way down as well. I just lowered the intake over a long period of time and now things are better.

I think I'm following your path.

I still have a Coke Zero occasionally and my coffee intake is way lower than it was.

I do get the feeling I'd be better off with a can of full-sugar coke without the Aspartame and whatnot though, calories be damned ;)
  • lindawayne11
    lindawayne11 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem a few years ago. I would wake up in the morning and pop myself a pepsi before I did anything. I slowly...very slowly...weaned myself from them.
    I did it because I found out how terrible they are for you (diet or regular). So, I went to just having my morning pepsi, and one in the evening. Then after a few weeks, I dropped the evening pepsi and stuck with one in the morning for a few months. Then I dropped that one off too. Now, I have a cup of coffee in the morning and I have a big pepsi every once in a while - maybe one or two a month. Just as a treat, no need to give them up entirely! :)
    Its hard at first, but it gets easier...I dealt with the headaches too, but overtime your body will adjust and you will be much healthier in the end.
    Good Luck :)
  • sarahmartin2013
    Options
    Wow thats a hell of an addiction. There was actually an article about a woman in Australia (I think) who drank nothing but Soda all damn day for about 10-18 years and she died because of it. It was the only liquid that she drank. Her body couldn't deal with it any longer and just quit. I am glad you quit. You will soon find out that after a few months if you try to have just one that your stomach will hurt and you will feel horrible. It has happened to me. I can no longer drink the stuff.

However I am not trying to justify anything for that lady.. but she was also smoking 30 cigarettes a day as well.. I think she ended up dieting of a heart attack..
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    The headaches is from caffeine. And yeah, if you drink a lot, you can sleep even drinking too much.

Dropping the coke will make it much easier to lose weight.

(And you're right - coke is SO much better than other colas.)
  • JBcat123
    JBcat123 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    once I took out soda out of my diet the numbers started to go down. I would do everything I could to loose this weight but nothing helped and I kept wondering " WHY?". but then I read somewhere that soda is bad for you and what disgusted me the most is that I found out that soda was made out of dead ants! and lots of chemicals. so once I took out the soda I dropped down a few pounds but now im stuck cause of the late night snacking....:'( but im trying. GL to you. hope you are doing well.
  • Lizzyhwhearts
    Options
    Awh you guys rock! Right I'm gunna cut down- at a speed that I feel comfortable with!!!
    Thanks for the advice ^_^

Feel free to add me as a friend on here (however you do That) as I'm new

Xxx
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    any carbonated drink is fulil of empy calories and should be something we all stay away from. Lemon water or plain water is the way to go. Starting putting cucumeber in my water... any other ideas out there for drinking more water?

I've added cinnamon sticks and sliced apples to my picther of water in the refridgerator. :drinker: