18 lbs in two weeks

Options
2»

Replies

• mdouhan
    mdouhan Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I was just going to write the same thing.

I myself is on the way down from 450+ lbs and I go to the doctors every two weeks to see her and my dietist and physio threapist and they monitor my progress every step of the way.

The reason I am on this superfast weightloss program is that I used to be very fit but due to injury I have not worked out in many years and finally got the doctors ok to start so I am eager to go back as fast as I can.

I am loosing around 2 lbs / day currently

So there is a lot of merit to your saying, how much weight we have to loose etc.

A word of caution however is always adviced when rapid weight loss is at hand, there is a very thin line between healthy and unhealthy weightloss so just be careful out there.
  • MikeEstrada
    Options
    Thanks for all the input. I can use all the help I can get.
  • mzmoonlight
    mzmoonlight Posts: 160
    Options
    I just want to say well done on your loss, you are obviously putting in the effort and its paying off. A lot of this weight is probably from a change in diet (such as giving up beer) so really well done. But I would like to urge caution in keeping your calories so low. Yes, it is a lot of food if you eat the right kinds - but its not enough for your body needs. I have learned the hard way that you have to fuel your body correctly or it wont cope. I am currently really ill and unable to work out at all. Sooo frustrating to not have been in the gym for three weeks, especially when I see everyone on here so excited about exercise. I was eating around the same calories as you and the weight was coming off, I was also doing extensive workouts (burning on average 1000 calories per work out) and not eating any exercise calories - my body could not cope and its made me really ill, which I think is a way of making me stop and take stock. When you exercise you put stress on your body and when you reduce your calories you put even more stress on the body and thats why its important to correctly fuel. I now have 1400 calories plus any exercise calories (even a gentle stroll, which is all I can do right now) and I hope I wont get ill again. When I go back to the gym Ill be cutting back my work outs to an hour 3x a week too. Its really not worth compromising your health. However, that said, I understand we dont see the dangers until its forced on us so I will say if you are determined to carry on as you are then make sure you take a good multi-vitamin because your body cannot possibly be getting all the vital nutrients and vitamins it needs on 1100 calories.
  • TrixyHero
    TrixyHero Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love all of the comments regarding the P90X. My question is what did you purchase from the website. Didi you buy the exercise program? It seems a little expensive by the time you pay the three installments. I'd love to do it but am also wondering how it caters to everything else you have to do to get in shape. Feedback please...
  • MikeEstrada
    Options
    I purchased the program from craigslist. Bought it for under $100.00 . Check out craigslist in your city. You will probably find one that someone is not using.
  • worchard
    worchard Posts: 30
    Options
    Mike - Just a heads up. Your body is adjusting right now and 18 pounds in the first couple of weeks is because of your body coming off the fast food, cola and beer. I bet that the weight lose will slow down a lot once your body gets use to the amount of calories you are taking in now. That is why I suggest you take that calorie intake up to at least 1600. I'm right at the weight you are now and lost 44 pounds the last 3 months. The first couple of weeks the pounds just fell off and then I started losing 2 to 3 pounds a week after that. I am taking in between 1500 to 2000 calories a day depending on my exercise that day.
    Keep up the workouts on P90X and eating good.
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    congrats :D on the P90X and losing the weight :)
    its great to loose a lot at once. :D but just be sure you go by the program correctly :) im wooting for you :D

my brother wants to do it. so do i. but no money... really on a budget here... >.>
  • Dom_m
    Dom_m Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I started on about 1100 when I began MFP. I'm 6'0" and was 182lb. I moved up to 1200 after a couple of days and found it a huge amount of food (despite previously eating much more calorie wise). It took me a few weeks before I reached my first plateau and that's when I moved up to 1400. Later, I moved up to 1800, then when I found my weight loss slowing, went down to 1600.

Of course this is all NET calories. My total calories were always closer to 2000. Now, I have 3 months worth of data to look at and for the next couple of weeks I'm aiming at 1450.

My point is that although I agree 1100 is too few and unsustainable, just because Mike is doing that now doesn't mean he'll keep doing it. I think people can point out these sort of things a slightly more encouraging way than I've seen in this thread, where a guy has had great success and is rightly proud of it, and he's just had his head bitten off (I assume that isn't deliberate, but it does come across that way).

Anyway, Mike, good job, good luck, and don't be afraid to increase your calories when you're ready (and don't take too long getting ready). I recommend increasing in small steps (say 50 cal increments, twice a week). That way you can see the effect it has before the effect is too great :)
  • Aubreygrrl
    Aubreygrrl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    60 lbs in 3 months isn't bad that's like 20 lbs a month... 3 or 4 lbs a week or so ... that's about how much i have been losing a week since I started counting my calories at about 1200 a day and working out for an hour at the gym 6 days a week. However the whole 18lbs in two weeks is a little unbelievable but this person could have drastically and dramatically turned their diet/exercise regimine around and it can happen and you can totally understand if you've done P90X before like I have. But they wont continue losing 9 lbs a week obviously. But mainly what I wanted to say is 60 lbs in 3 months can be done safely :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!