"Warning" Newspaper Article - Yuck!!

Options

Replies

• rhysgerrard
    rhysgerrard Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Nearly put me off my food when i saw it !
  • PrincessGlitterTush
    Options
    I understand that it is meat - but I would've complained too. I personally don't eat organs at all and I would've been totally grossed out if this was me. I think he definately has a right to complain.

Mind you - I'm not the biggest fan of KFC as it is.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I know people eat organs all the time, and that without knowing it I probably have as well, but that still looks gross.
    I don't care for KFC anyways, I just have never been fond of the grease...
  • fit_librarian
    fit_librarian Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I found one of those when I was 12, but it was Popeye's not KFC. Still have no idea what it was. I screamed and I haven't eaten chicken since.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I don't really like KFC, but, it isn't just fast food chicken where this happens. It is a natural part of the bird. Maybe this person should at least one time, process his own bird so he understands how they look and what happens in the process. I can say I have killed, cleaned and processed my own chicken one time. Parts are parts. I'm sure he has ingested that part before in other food and not even noticed.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Church's > KFC
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Brain can be tasty when prepared correctly. So can liver. I've never had kindey though, is that edible?

I have heard that kidney is quite good for you, like other organ meats I think it's supposed to be low in fat and high in iron?

(doesn't mean I'm going to eat it though).
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Extra crispy dark meat and I don't take off the skin. Yep, still gonna eat KFC.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

That's how it's done :')
    tempted to head to KFC now
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Gads, hope he never has to live on a farm and eat what is grown either on the ground or the hoof before it has been sanitized. LOL
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Ewe Yuck
  • SydneyBristowe
    Options
    I understand that it is meat - but I would've complained too. I personally don't eat organs at all and I would've been totally grossed out if this was me. I think he definately has a right to complain.

Mind you - I'm not the biggest fan of KFC as it is.

I'd have complained to the restuarent and got my money back, but running to the papers is way over the top!
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    Note to self:

Next time I'm in a binging mood, refer to this picture.
    It'll kill any appetite I have. Promise.

now off to puke.....
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Well, glad I don't eat at KFC.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Brain can be tasty when prepared correctly. So can liver. I've never had kindey though, is that edible?

I have heard that kidney is quite good for you, like other organ meats I think it's supposed to be low in fat and high in iron?

(doesn't mean I'm going to eat it though).

Hmm I'll look into it. Gotta try everything once :-)
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Hopefully it was a chicken brain. . . :noway: I find it strange that they are adamant it was a kidney. :huh:
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Yeah, The Sun tabloid...how rare is it that these things happen again? Hmmmm....I like my takeaways once in a while, if they fit my macros, yeehaw...this is just a stupid tabloid scarey fairy pictorial...it won't put me off...
  • mdsjmom98
    mdsjmom98 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    My son had to watch a movie called Super Size me, and since then he won't even get a drink at McDonalds. Hahahahaha!!!
  • rhysgerrard
    rhysgerrard Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It's a good deterrent when your wanting to eat crap food i think!
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    “I threw it down onto my tray immediately. It looked like a brain. I suddenly felt grim and really sick.

What a pvssy! People have no concept of the source of their food. Food is animals. Animals have all kinds of grody parts. Deal with it cupcake.
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    On the bright side, at least you know the chicken is real chicken and not pink slime!