Mommies supporting Mommies

Options
124»

Replies

• beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Homeschooling mom of 5 adorable children (NOT) just kidding. Age span 9 (she's adorable) to almost 21 (hard to believe). Two in college come September. Yes, we need to support each other! I think we've all strapped on baby weight that we're trying to lose (at least that is my excuse.....):laugh: :laugh:
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    so Hubby and I decided to have a free day staurday because it was our son's birthday party...... :grumble: well the free day turned into a free weekend, which ended in me feeling like crap. I am so not used to all that "heavy" food anymore. Like litterally so heavy its hard to move. I know I overate, both days, and well Im just glad to be done with it. Sending all the leftovers to work with hubby for his staff members to eat. Need it out of my house! Bloody stupid Macaroni Salad lol.
  • nelleybelley
    nelleybelley Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    LOL- well, today is a brand new day- free of all macaroni salad. My weekend didn't have exactly ideal eating, either. Not too bad, but definitally not too good. I did get in some good exercise by mowing the backyard.

Maybe we should have a new thread every morning, what do you guys think?
  • mrflibbleisvryx
    mrflibbleisvryx Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    so Hubby and I decided to have a free day staurday because it was our son's birthday party...... :grumble: well the free day turned into a free weekend, which ended in me feeling like crap. I am so not used to all that "heavy" food anymore. Like litterally so heavy its hard to move. I know I overate, both days, and well Im just glad to be done with it. Sending all the leftovers to work with hubby for his staff members to eat. Need it out of my house! Bloody stupid Macaroni Salad lol.

You know what? I'm actually doing free weekends. I weigh myself on Friday each week, that way if I want to splurge a bit over the weekend I don't have to see it on the scales Monday morning. The weekend is really the only time we get to spend with our families (mine lives 3 hours away and hubby's lives over an hour away), and I don't want to have to kill myself dieting during those times.

And honestly, you have to treat yourself to splurges sometimes. If you go completely restrictive 100% of the time you're doing yourself a disservice, as you'll probably eventually binge. I know that's what I used to do. I would cut out a certain food or restrict myself to the point where I never splurged. Then, inevitably I'd fall off the wagon BIG TIME and it would take me months to get back on.

So, make some time to splurge a little. It'll keep you from going nuts and from ruining the progress you're making.
  • BLammi
    BLammi Posts: 34
    Options
    Hey Moms!
    I like your idea about 'free' weekends - it's hard to even find time to get on the computer and look at calories etc... let alone plan what you're going to eat.

I've been pretty much off-track as my schedule is wonky right now - I hate that my weight loss has stopped because my life has gotten extra busy. Any tricks to staying on-track?
  • nelleybelley
    Options
    Well, I am not a huge fan of free weekends. At least not for myself- totally stalled my weight loss. I found that I was overdoing it on the weekends, then spending the better part of the week just making up for the weekend. So what I do instead- I take one day off of exercise over the weekend and stay at my calories that day. Then the other day I still workout, but I allow myself an extra 500 calories for the day. So that is my splurge.
  • beep
    Options
    LOL- well, today is a brand new day- free of all macaroni salad. My weekend didn't have exactly ideal eating, either. Not too bad, but definitally not too good. I did get in some good exercise by mowing the backyard.

That's a great idea. Mommies supporting Mommies and the date???
  • nelleybelley
    Options

That's a great idea. Mommies supporting Mommies and the date???

Thats what I was thinking- keep from having to go thru the entire thread. LOL.
  • mrflibbleisvryx
    mrflibbleisvryx Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I think that's a great idea!
  • beep
    Options
    started, but I forgot to put the date, just "2" First mommy on tomorrow can put the date! Cmon over gang!