Cute hair for the gym

Options

Replies

• supergirljen
    Options
    This is soo entertaining on a Monday morning. Wow..girls can be rude to eachother. This reminds me why I stay away from them. I totally get the trying to be more girly thing. After I lose the weight, that is my next goal. Yay for the girlie-girls!
  • FitbeTMF
    FitbeTMF Posts: 251
    Options
    No they're not unfocused. I'm glad they are really interested in getting the best out of their workouts. I am too. I'm also interested in cute hair. If you don't care about it, why are you posting?
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    lol...ok....While the topic reads one thing....the actual question was "how do you put your hair up to keep it out of your eyes/face".

Oh Monday...you snarky.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    No they're not unfocused. I'm glad they are really interested in getting the best out of their workouts. I am too. I'm also interested in cute hair. If you don't care about it, why are you posting?

USE THE QUOTE LINK.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Cute hair at the gym? GTFO... I'm there to workout, not impress anyone. Put on a non-sliding headband and suck it up princess.

Thank you, McMann

You're welcome.

But, if you're going to *try* to insult someone, get the spelling right. Good luck on that workout...
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I put on a bandana. I'd do a headband, but they're too tight and give me a headache.

I can't do headbands either but I did find that if I cut the top off of a stocking cap and just wear the band, it holds my hair back and it isn't too tight.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Cute hair at the gym? I've never heard of it.

^^This
  • FitbeTMF
    FitbeTMF Posts: 251
    Options
    Cute hair at the gym? GTFO... I'm there to workout, not impress anyone. Put on a non-sliding headband and suck it up princess.

Thank you, McMann

You're welcome.

But, if you're going to *try* to insult someone, get the spelling right. Good luck on that workout...
    Oh get a hobby lol. Your how old and you're playing into cyber bullying. Grow up
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I take zero-calorie butter spray and coat my bangs with it before I head out to the gym, then slick it back. Zero cals and buttery fresh! It also makes it shine. Got chased by dogs a few times, though. Hey, more cardio!
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm growing out my bangs so I have a similar issue. There are those elastic headband things but those always slide off on me. So what I do is comb the center third of my hair straight back, twist it, push it toward the front for a tiny bit of volume and bobby pin it with 2 pins in an X so they stay put. Then I put the rest of my hair in a ponytail to keep it off my neck. Quick, easy and cute-ish. It would be cuter if I used a comb but I'm usually rushing to get to my workout so I just finger-comb it.
  • firstsip
    Options
    I take zero-calorie butter spray and coat my bangs with it before I head out to the gym, then slick it back. Zero cals and buttery fresh! It also makes it shine. Got chased by dogs a few times, though. Hey, more cardio!

Were they full grown Yorkies?
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    What about french braids. I love my hair like that and it keeps everything out of my face without using extra clips, pins or bands.
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I think I'm a little late to the party and I didn't read every post but I love Sweaty Bands. Every other type of headband I've tried falls off my head but the Sweaty Bands stay on and don't annoy me at all. I have a bunch of cute ones and I love them. I sweat - A LOT - so I need a headband for the sweat and it keeps the hair out of my face. I'm wearing one in my profile pic.

I also found little barrettes at Target that work great. They are oval and open in the middle. They are great for bangs, stay in place, and never popped open on me.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Bobby pins, french braids, single braid in the front, headband, etc.

I don't blame you for wanting a "cute" way to put your hair back while you work out. I like to wear cute gym clothes and pull my hair back in a way that's not totally f*cktardish looking.

I dislike the people that continue to act as though people that do these things or go to the gym wearing make-up aren't there to work hard. Yes, there are "some" girls like that but why is it okay to make sweeping generalizations and perpetuate the stereotypes about this? Oh yeah, it's not.

That being said, you should have been prepared for some pretty strong opinions when posting this on a discussion forum.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Guys should always wear hats...in the gym...just sayin....

tumblr_mewqgjKIvg1qbskx5o1_500.png
  • firstsip
    Options
    OP, I just think you should have specified WHAT hair gets in your way. I keep my eyebrows trim, my mustache hairs plucked, and my underarms contained in a shirt. Plus, I haven't figured out a way to make those cute yet.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options

Not sure what this has to do with the post, but..

/end thread

oh.. hats.. yes.
  • hamonk
    hamonk Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I think I'm a little late to the party and I didn't read every post but I love Sweaty Bands. Every other type of headband I've tried falls off my head but the Sweaty Bands stay on and don't annoy me at all. I have a bunch of cute ones and I love them. I sweat - A LOT - so I need a headband for the sweat and it keeps the hair out of my face. I'm wearing one in my profile pic.

I also found little barrettes at Target that work great. They are oval and open in the middle. They are great for bangs, stay in place, and never popped open on me.

Never heard of Sweaty Bands before, but just googled it and I think I might try them out. What style do you find works best?
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I keep my eyebrows trim, my mustache hairs plucked, and my underarms contained in a shirt.

& I thank you for that..
  • dValkyrie
    dValkyrie Posts: 127 Member
    Options

Hot!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: