Question, what is/was your goal "timeframe"?

Options

Replies

• itsmyvwbeetle
    itsmyvwbeetle Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I have had a couple of timeframes and yes I have met them. My first one was to be down 10% in 10 weeks. It was a biggest loser competition at work. I met that. My next was to be 215 by Christmas. I met that one too. Once I met that one I wanted to be half way there by the first of the year. I met that one too!! Next goal, is 175 by Memorial day (which is my goal weight).
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Less than 22% by mid-march. Currently around 27%. I've got my work cut out for me :D
  • abannon123
    abannon123 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
  • aloha311
    aloha311 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    To be fit and healthy by my 30th birthday. That is May of this year. I know my personality type so I am trying not to focus on the number on the scale. If I do that I will become obsessed with the number and nothing else. I want to instead focus on the inches, lost, and strength and endurance built up. :)
  • xxvogue
    xxvogue Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'll get there when I get there, but I'd really love to be 1-2 sizes smaller by this summer, especially if I'm gonna' be working at a camp! Kids/Teenagers can be cruel! (I'm a size 12 now, I'd like to be an 8-10 or less).
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    6 months to lose about 30ish pounds. i lost 13 by my 3 momths...then the holidays happened...but im hoping to lose 20lbs by mid-march....or as close as possible.
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    for me I do mini goals. I met my first one to get out of 200 pounds
    my next goal is to hit the 180 marker which I am 2 pounds away from .

my overall goal is to weigh 135 pounds.

I don't do a time frame because I want to be realistic and my expectations on me are not very realistic.
  • mfoy94
    mfoy94 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I want to shock a few people by returning to my old highschool and saying hello to some teachers - by May. That doesnt mean I will be down to my goal weight by then, but I hope to have lost enough to where it is noticeable :)

Dont set a ridged time frame for yourself, or you will probably be disappointed. Everyones body is different and its hard to predict how smoothly your weight loss will go! You will get there when you get there, just take it one day at a time :)
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    My first goal was to lose 40 lbs in the first year (met that goal about 2 months early). I knew that I had gained 40 in a year, so losing 40 in a year seemed like a reasonable place to start.

Now I'm aiming to get to a healthy weight by the end of this year, and I believe it's achievable if I keep at it.
  • dittmarml
    dittmarml Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    When I get there.

^^This.

My New Year's Resolution is to get the scale out and weigh only every 8-10 weeks or so, and concentrate on (a) getting exercise when I can (connective tissue problem), (b) eating well. A bit of additional motivation comes from a bit o' banter with my youngest stepdaughter who is getting married outdoors in August; I promised a sleeveless dress showing off "Obama arms" after the First Lady's :) I figure the rest will take care of itself...am in this for life.
  • PeaceLoveStrength
    PeaceLoveStrength Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I don't have one. I'll get there when I get there.
  • JeremyMo88
    JeremyMo88 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I started on January 31, 2012. I had only lived in my house a short time and realized I needed to do something about my weight. I'm about 5'7" -5'8" and weighed 206lbs. My whole life I've wanted to lose weight, but always lacked motivation. In 2011 I decided the new year would be that year, but I would wait until after January as that is when everyone makes their resolutions and fills up the gym.

My goal was in one year, or rather by Jan 31, 2013, I would be down to 160lbs. For my height and build it was determined that 140lbs to 160lbs is my target range to be healthy.

On December 19th I was at 160.3lbs before the holdiay. I came back heavier, but have widdled it down now. Just about 5lbs to go. I've went from wearing nearly all X-large T-shirts to mediums and donated almost all my clothes to Goodwill.
  • littlewhittles
    littlewhittles Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I've had some set backs, but my new timeframe is to be done next year in February. So it will have taken me 27 months to lose 94 lbs.
  • drojen
    drojen Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I haven't stepped on the scale yet - so i don't know my true starting weight, but know from my measurements and past history what it approximately is. I just can't focus on the #. I find it deflating when that number is too high or not moving etc. So, for now, i'm staying off the scale. I'm going to focus on eating well, exercising and taking measurements. That will be a better way for me to keep motivated and stay on track. I find the scale is not my friend or my mind and the scale are not friends. That number becomes my only focus and I just don't want it to be that way. I will know I'm losing because my clothes will feel looser and that's how I'm going to go about it - at least for now.
  • Camille0502
    Camille0502 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Mine was pretty simple. I needed to lose 51 pounds when I started. I planned to lose one pound per week. So my goal was to lose the weight in one year. I am on track to accomplish that.
  • all4my3boyz
    all4my3boyz Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Weight loss goal - 64lbs in 1 year
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I just want to lose some weight, exercise more, eat more healthy...that in itself is a struggle for me. Not putting a time limit on it-I'm really trying to make it my lifestyle.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    goals imply an end point.

i'm here to slay dragons.
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I want to be under 200lbs by next new years...BUT thats almost 4 lbs a month. I've been doing good, I havent been able to measure or weigh myself to see if I got those 4 lbs last week. It's a bit unrealistic of me, but that's my goal.
  • suchastruggle
    suchastruggle Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Well, I restarted at 232 on Jan. 1, 2013. Honestly, I wasn't sure this was going to work so I never set a goal. So as of 1/4/13 I'm 7 lbs lighter. My doctor predicted this but I sure didn't so I'm not setting a goal date just have my goal weight of 130 and some mini goals, like under 200, weighing what my license says and no longer in plus size :) When it happens, I'll be happy, but I'm not going to stress, I'm just going to meet my daily goals of eating right, no added sugar etc and watch what happens.

"what my license says" - I'm right there with you!! :laugh: