Gamers?

Options

Replies

• Hksalex
    Hksalex Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Also a gamer here, Xbox is my choice, love RPG's like Skyrim, Fallout, Oblivion, Read Dead, etc. My problem is always getting too caught up in whatever I was playing and forgetting to eat all day. Both things are bad, too much sitting around and not eating enough and when I did eat, it was bad stuff. Anyways, I've decided to try to keep healthier options in my reach when i'm gaming now, and force myself to go for a walk when I die or realize how long ive been playing ^__^

nothing like setting alarms :P i also pre-cook my meals before i even start my day.
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Yush I am! :)
    I usually eat before I go and have chilli taco bowls :) I don't get tempted by the soda and the junk food. :)
  • superstar_commish
    Options
    Big time gamer here.
    Unfortunately, I sold my 2K13 and Black Ops 2 just to get back to my fitness.

I was logging 8 hours a day playing video games, and gained 15 lbs out of it. =(
  • ashleyrose90
    ashleyrose90 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Haha I'm slowly becoming a gamer.. doesn't help I'm dating a hardcore gamer.
    Mostly play World of Tanks and games on FB. Plus we love board game and card game nights at the house
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    Gamer here.. though not as hard core as I used to be. DDO is still my game to play. I'm on Ghallanda if anyone else plays (PM for guild name and characters)
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options
    Gamer here. Everything from card and board games, Darts, Bolo, Washers and other lawn games, to old school MUDs and new school (newest addiction) SKYRIM!

One thing I've done in the past, for electronic gaming anyway, is any time you die, are arrested, fail a quest, mission, etc... do 15 reps of something. I have had sessions of Grand Theft Auto that leave me more sore than bootcamp :)

Happy Gaming

Also, edit to add www.skinnytaste.com has gerat low cal snack recipes

Haha, that is a great idea! Also, I second the skinnytaste.com recommendation! I use her stuff for Super Bowl every year. Would be just as great for lan/game sessions!
  • Krissy_b777
    Options
    I love the Sims3 and everything else about Sims. Love the PC games too. We have all games, Xbox, PS3, Wii. Game night every week at my house. Board games as well. I enjoy the facebook games and iPad games as well.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Used to play Magic: The Gathering. Quit because I got tired of keeping up with how rule changes affected my playstyles and deck strategies. Also used to be hardcore into Battletech tabletop back in the '90s. Quit because when you play games that have require THAT much time investment and thought to play, people tend to just... not. PC gamer as well. I play Skyrim, BF3, Planetside 2, Torchlight 2, and Mechwarrior Online.
  • Siekobilly
    Siekobilly Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I love games. I never got into tabletop gaming, but that's mainly because I never knew enough people that I could tolerate for long enough to do that.

I play on any console, as long as the game is fun. Here's my list of games I'm currently actively playing:

PC
    - Torchlight 2
    - Diablo 3

XBox 360
    - Halo 4

PS3
    - Dishonored
    - Skyrim (beat the game, just working on trophies and side stories now)

SNES
    - Super Mario RPG

As for snacks, I usually make a buffalo chicken dip with cream cheese if I'm with others. If I'm playing at my place alone, or with one or two others, I typically just do like a veggie tray or hummus and pita chips.
  • sbodi88
    sbodi88 Posts: 18
    Options
    Gamer here. Everything from card and board games, Darts, Bolo, Washers and other lawn games, to old school MUDs and new school (newest addiction) SKYRIM!

One thing I've done in the past, for electronic gaming anyway, is any time you die, are arrested, fail a quest, mission, etc... do 15 reps of something. I have had sessions of Grand Theft Auto that leave me more sore than bootcamp :)

Happy Gaming

Also, edit to add www.skinnytaste.com has gerat low cal snack recipes

this is great! thanks for the idea!!!!
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I am! Love video games!

I have made myself a rule though... I can only play my 3DS while working out and I can only play one of the other systems in the house if I go for a run or use the elliptical.
  • AuntKeke1315
    AuntKeke1315 Posts: 27 Member
    Options

This is a fantastic idea!!! I am definitely going to do this.
    I play Halo online like there's no tomorrow. I definitely think I'll start punishing myself for my deaths in between games with push-ups or sit-ups.
    Thanks for the idea!
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    gamer here! damned boxes of cookies and gelato while raiding Icecrown Citadel & Throne of the Four Winds got me fat.

I miss playing board games =( why do people look at me weird when I suggest them!!!
  • McChubbyruewho
    Options
    I would say if you don't want to save up the cals for those nights or have those night be cheat nights then, fruits and veggies are a good idea (no dipping sauce though =(

I would just save up cals for that though, it sounds like a tun of fun, oh also Pop corn isn't to bad AT ALL
  • waylandcool
    waylandcool Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Mostly PC games here. Right now I'm playing World of Tanks and Civilization 5 and getting into Mechwarrior Online. Not too mnay snacking issues but I play well away from the kitchen.
  • McChubbyruewho
    Options
    Gamer here.. though not as hard core as I used to be. DDO is still my game to play. I'm on Ghallanda if anyone else plays (PM for guild name and characters)

WOW! that's so AWESOME! I'm totally going to do this!
  • callmeLyss
    callmeLyss Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My husband and I both play Black Ops 2. I used to play a lot when I didn't have a job. I was being too lazy and playing for hours a day while my husband was at work. I don't play during the day anymore, but the two of us occasionally play at night together after dinner.
  • aeroback
    aeroback Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    We are HUGE gamers, of all kinds.

We tend to do Pirate Booty, Veggie Straws, the lowest calorie tortilla chips (whatever we find when scanning the store) and salsa, soft pretzels. We also make sure to work out and burn more before having a night out so we don't do damage!
  • nbhobbes
    nbhobbes Posts: 284
    Options
    I play strategics games: Settlers of Catan, Zombie Dice, Munchkin, Tsuro. etc

I usually make that night my cheat night or bring my own snacks

Catan is really fun, so is Munchkin.. I also just picked up Wiz War.. Lots of fun and all around good game..
  • nbhobbes
    nbhobbes Posts: 284
    Options
    gamer here! damned boxes of cookies and gelato while raiding Icecrown Citadel & Throne of the Four Winds got me fat.

I miss playing board games =( why do people look at me weird when I suggest them!!!

Not sure.. I love borad game nights..