Any mamma's of young children out there?

Options

Replies

• devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I have a 3-1/2 year old and 20 month old twins!
  • wyogirl44
    Options
    Hi There! I am 38, just had a hysterectomy so am finally planning on KEEPING the weight off. My first goal is a loss of 30 lbs. I have four munchkins, 11, 9, 6, 2 and I believe the biggest challenge is putting yourself first. It is a matter of getting up a little earlier, using my time more wisely, and making every minute count. Diet is 80% of what you are doing. If you can make sure that you are sticking to healthy lifestyle, prepare your foods in advance, cut out sugars and artifical sweetners (water with lemon in it), and have a bag of carrots, cucumbers, or some greek yogurt dip, or fruits ready to eat then you will be in good shape. Make the same things for your kiddos as you do for yourself (I have 5 baggies of carrots each day, everyone has it as an afterschool snack). Also, when you are doing your housework, go hard and fast. Every motion make it count (if you have to squat, really do a squat). When I do laundry I stop at the stairs and do 10 push-ups off of the stairs. And if I have time, I go up and down those stairs a second time. Walk at work on your breaks, use the stairs if you have them. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! I have done this SO many times I cannot even begin to count. I lost 20lbs last year and put it all back on. (BOO!!!) But I had to get the hyterectomy to help and know that now I can keep it off because of what I have learned having done this time and time again.
    ALSO, we are doing our own version of a "Biggest Loser" competition here with about 20 people. My gf is running it...it's amazing how the possibility of winning $600 can motivate me! Perhaps, something like this might work for you too. I use myfitnesspal because it is the ONLY place I have found to get accurate assessments of where I am and where should be calorie wise, esp with excercise and daily activity worked into the picture. Allow yourself a piece of chocolate now and again, don't deprive yourself, just substitute and remember that you are looking for a lifestyle of health not a quick fix. Good luck!! We can do this-and yes I am long-winded only because it is my first day getting back on track. lol ;) Danel
  • tinamakers32
    Options
    Just signed up today, was trying to decide between this and WW. Reviews said this place has a really great support team. Mother of 4 ranging 12 to 9 months.
  • serapi
    serapi Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    My son is 3 and my daughter is 5. I am 41 and have gotten my body back to a svelt 127 lbs at 5'8". It took me 2 years of consistent exercise to finally reach my goal. I am also 18% body fat...whoop whoop!

So I would be more than happy to give you guys any tips or feedback if you'd like me to?

My routine is elliptical for 40 min - 4 times a week
    Weights 2 times a week
    Yoga type exercises 2 times a week (downward dog, v-sit, plank, etc.)

I eat around 2100 calories a day when maintaining and 1800 when dieting (about 0.75-1 lb a week).
  • emmad2
    emmad2 Posts: 59
    Options
    I am a mum of 3 year old boy/girl twins - they are very demanding, especially as my son has just been diagnosed as autistic. Most days I am so tired between trying to keep the kids happy, keep the house in order and hold down a part-time job so I have no idea where I'm gonna find the energy from to fit in an exercise regime aswell but I know I have to if I want to reach my goal - feel free to add me as a friend and hopefully we can motivate each other on those days when we're feeling particularly exhausted :-) x
  • lovelylittlegiggles
    lovelylittlegiggles Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm momma to six. My youngest just turned five December 31st. Stick around and you will see some results :) Feel free to add me as a pal.
  • Schauna_S
    Options
    Mommy to a 2 1/2 year old boy :). Looking for motivation & advice. Would love to return the favor. Feel free to add me :)
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I have a 4 year old daughter
  • kristanb05
    Options
    Hi! I'm back on the bandwagon too, and new to the boards. My kids are 6, 5, and 2. Go ahead and add me!
  • MTjessi_marie
    Options
    Hi! I am a young at heart 38yo mom of three sons; a 22 year old firefighter, a 6 year old first grader and a 2 1/2 year old busy button! I am also a full time college student and companion to my husband Jason. I have really put it on the last couple of years- 40lbs in 2 years. I'm so bummed whenever I look in the mirror. I have become horribly self conscious and I'm suffering from a lot of back/hip/joint pain. I really want to lose about 60-80lbs, but honestly I would be happy with 20 at this point. I can just imagine how much better I would feel. So, today is my first day here- I have heard good reviews. Nice to meet you. Good luck!
    Anyone is welcome to add me.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling I have a 3 and 6 year old. I am a SAHM but with hubby being in the military I never stop lol It is hard to keep motivated I know how you feel lol
  • tookie36000
    tookie36000 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am a mother of 4 (11yrs, 5yrs, 21m, 4m) I am a nurse work full time and I definitely know what it means to be exhausted. I have learned that you have to do what is best for you. Mornings would be my ideal work out time when I can get it in. Once I am home from work that is pretty much a wrap for me after taking care of the kids and the big kid of all my hubby! lol But you can do it you have to squeeze whatever you can get in each and every minute makes a difference!! Add me we can motivate each other.
  • alysia9531
    Options
    I'm 23 with a 3 year old and a 1 year old!
  • tookie36000
    tookie36000 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    To JessieMarie74 -Oh I know what you mean I have really gained wt from my last two pregnancies especially since not much break in between! I experience those same feelings looking at myself as well, but I am learning to love me for who I am. And believe it or not it helps telling yourself you are beautiful even on those days you don't feels so hot. So just to let you know you are gorgeous and hell you are a mother our bodies take a hard hit after them babies! Feel free to add me
  • 3Daughtersin2015
    3Daughtersin2015 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have a 10 month old, and im exhausted!
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I have a 7, 5 and 14 month old! My youngest is so clingy and crabby and never lets me put him down. That is why I've gained back the 50 I lost before I got pregnant with him. I also E school my oldest and next year will have two doing the onlineschool.
  • a778c466
    a778c466 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I am a mom of a 5,2, and 1 year old. I work and go to school full time. It has been hard to stay motivated while doing everything else, but I am hoping that staying on MFP will help. Feel free to add me!
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I have 4 children ages 10, 7, 6, and 2. :bigsmile:
  • heatherheyns
    heatherheyns Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a Mom of a 3 year old and an almost 2 year old. It can be challenging to find the time and energy to focus on ourself and balance that with the needs of kids. I've been losing weight for a while, but recently really started to try and use this site. So far it seems nice. Feel free to add me!
  • lifelover12
    lifelover12 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I know the struggle!! I'm a stay at home mom of a 3 year old boy and 8 month old girl. My husband works more than 12 hours a day , and I hate to bother him during his weekends. Trying to think of others I more than often forget myself:-( Plus we've moved to Maryland and I still haven't gained many friends on our military base and those I have aren't interested in exercising.