40 lbs in 8 weeks!!!!

Options

Replies

• shape_up4good
    Options
    Good Job!!! Congratulations on your way to a new you.
    thx
  • suthernbelle
    suthernbelle Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weightloss!!! And there is absolutely NO reason you should lack self image confidence....:wink:
  • wlkumpf
    wlkumpf Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    curious, do you have extra skin or loose skin? That is a fast weight loss and they say for your body to keep up you should aim for 1-2 pounds a week.
    Congrats, but I am leery to htink it should last? Or the health benefits/negatives. I had a friend that had a lot of bone cracks and issues when he lost weight too fast (yes, I know this first hand, it isn't a myth) he cracked a rib even because his frame didn't change fast enough to keep up. His doctor told him slow and steady in a healthy way or no weight loss at all.

Do you like how your end result is?
  • no1belongs
    Options
    wow Raymond, thanks for your words. I gotta get the mental thing figured out as well. I can be disciplined whether on a meal plan or making my own healthy foods. What I really got to fix is my lack of self image and feeling good about the way i look. Not sure how to do that yet. Again thanks for your words!

I found the excercised helped me with this. if you arent in good shape set a real goal like running every 5 mins for 1 min during a 30 min run. when i accomplished the goal then i felt better and the endorphines are super nice ^_^ hope that helps and good luck
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    i did medifast a few years ago and it was a great jumpstart for me.. it does work. Unfortunately, it didnt teach me how to eat regular food in the maintenence cycle, that or i just didnt listen! ha. So I ended up losing all my gains....

Hope you continue to do well and make sure you stick to your new lifestyle changes when you end the program!!!! Your doing great.
  • sapphireswi
    sapphireswi Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    AMAZING !!!!:drinker:

*applauding - - -whistling - - - jumping frantically - - - -getting my pompoms and doing the cheerleading drill*

40lbs is no laughing matter . .that's a lot of work and any diet is mental test . . . lot of people get on it but not everybody can stick with them . . . so kudos to you:flowerforyou:

I am so excited for you . . .YAY!
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Well done, that is awesome! Best of luck with the rest of your journey.

I did the Cambridge diet and lost 40lbs over 12 weeks, that was just over 400 calories a day! I did gain it back by slipping in to old habbits. Be sure you see the programme through and follow maintenance programmes. I got so happy and thought I could do it on my own but obviously not lol.
  • kiwisara
    kiwisara Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congrats, I bet you feel awesome! Ignore the criticism of some others, it is about them and has nothing to do with you. Best wishes as you continue your journey.
  • shape_up4good
    Options
    Update! I am slowly moving away from MFP and more to a body for life plan. I am down to my lowest though!!
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Update! I am slowly moving away from MFP and more to a body for life plan. I am down to my lowest though!!

Congrats on your weightloss and decision to move on to another plan. Just make sure to slowly up your calorie intake (approx. 100 to 200 per week until you reach your calorie level). Since Medifast is so low carb, you might want to also slowly up the carb intake a bit at a time, too. Don't be nervous if you see an initial gain during this transistion phase. It's your body's way of readjusting to the new calories intakes and will go away once you are stabilized. Best of luck to you! Just keep moving and eating healthy and you will succeed.
  • smalacarne
    Options
    Good for you! what is Medifast? diet shakes? Sorry, if its in here somewhere... I didnt see it
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Good for you! what is Medifast? diet shakes? Sorry, if its in here somewhere... I didnt see it

It's a weight loss program where you eat 5 of their meals a day and then add in your own 6th meal consisting of lean meat and green veggies. It's a low calorie/low carb diet plan.
  • CharT5188
    CharT5188 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Why is everyone being such an a-hole? GOOD GAWD get off your pedestal.

CONGRATS on 40 lbs lost. :)

Ditto!!!

Good job. Congrats on the 40 lbs!
  • cleeg75
    Options
    First off, congratulations. Second, I can't believe all the rude, uneducated, negative, and mean spirited comments over a person losing weight.
    I actually signed up just to tell you congratulations and inform users about Medifast and how it's no more a diet than whatever it is you are doing to lose weight/be healthy/learn about proper eating habits etc.

I went on Medifast at 240 lbs in 2009. After gaining a lot of weight with my 2nd pregnancy and not having the time to prepare each and every single meal I used Medifast to stay within caloric ranges. I ate every 2-3 hours one Medifiast meal (oatmeal, shakes, pancakes, bars, etc) and when I got home from work I ate 7-10 ounces of any meat I wanted and as much veggies I wanted as well - I sometimes I ate this meal twice a day and only had 2 or 3 replacement meals. It helped me get back on track and I needed some help with food as I didn't have time to do everything myself. I lost 35 pounds in 12 weeks (3 pounds a week or so) and then went on maintenance losing another 40 pounds in 5 months. I never starved, I never loss muscle or hair or anything like that. I lost fat and gained back my health and respect for myself too.

This is only a gimmick if you treat it as such. Cooking your own meals is something you do on Medifast so for those saying eat regular food and learn portion control - YOU DO COOK MEALS AND YOU have guidelines for portion controls. You also have a great support group online.

In recent studies it actually now shows that people that lose weight very fast at the start of their new lifestyle actually keep it off longer because they are more motivated to keep going because they see results - Don't believe me, Google what I just wrote as this report came out last month (Jan 2013 I believe).

If you think cooking your food gives you some kind of advantage as in "I did it the natural way" ---- you are ignorant about Medifast! We do cook, we do eat, we are not starving. If you are starving on Medifast you aren't doing it properly.

I lost weight before without Medifast and had similiar results but that was when I was younger, kid free, career free and had time to kick it in my kitchen for a few hours a day!

CONGRATS AND KEEP GOING and to these white lily, my crap doesn't stink naysayers ---- PROVE THEM WRONG!
  • Proyecto_AN
    Options
    How much lean body mass did you lose?
  • Momm22boys
    Options
    That's impressive. I say you should do what works for you. Congrats and keep up the good work.
    :smile:
  • dangerxbadger
    dangerxbadger Posts: 396 Member
    Options

It's a weight loss program where you eat 5 of their meals a day and then add in your own 6th meal consisting of lean meat and green veggies. It's a low calorie/low carb diet plan.

If that's all it is, why didn't you just try a low carb diet that you didn't have to pay for, and watch your calories on MFP? Seems like common sense to me. That said, congratulations on your weight loss, however sustainable, or not, it turns out to be.
  • kmluecht
    kmluecht Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congrats and keep up the good work!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    OP Deactivated
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    OP Deactivated

^Yep. This.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!