My new favorite breakfast!

Options

Replies

• Pixie8504
    Pixie8504 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I love theses this morning I had another version of this.
    1/2 c oats
    1/2 milk
    1 tbsp cocoa powder
    1/2 tbsp peanut butter
    Use honey or Splenda to taste
  • BelindaBinny
    Options
    So I've loved overnight oats for some time, but this is the first time that I loved them enough to post about them! My sister in law mentioned using chocolate protein powder, but I guess I never thought about it, since I don't consider chocolate a breakfast food. Here goes the recipe:

20g Rolled Oats (1/4 Cup)
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder
    1/2 cup skim milk
    1 banana

Mix the first 3 ingredients really well, the night before you plan on eating these. Slice up the banana and put it on top!

Giving this a go (without the protein powder as I don't have any) and adding blueberries in the morning!!!! Will let you know how it goes!!!

Thanks for a great idea! Liking the one with almond milk too might give that a try!!
  • BelindaBinny
    Options
    So I've loved overnight oats for some time, but this is the first time that I loved them enough to post about them! My sister in law mentioned using chocolate protein powder, but I guess I never thought about it, since I don't consider chocolate a breakfast food. Here goes the recipe:

1/2 cup skim milk
    1 banana

Mix the first 3 ingredients really well, the night before you plan on eating these. Slice up the banana and put it on top!

Giving this a go (without the protein powder as I don't have any) and adding blueberries in the morning!!!! Will let you know how it goes!!!

Thanks for a great idea! Liking the one with almond milk too might give that a try!!

Worked out not too badly. I will alter the fluid/oat proportion a bit for me as it turned out wetter than I would have liked but all in all a great breakfast to have and certainly fills me up! I will see how hungry I am by lunchtime and after my yoga class!!
  • Lucassvg
    Lucassvg Posts: 190 Member
    Options

1/2 cup skim milk
    1 banana

Thanks for the recipe I'll have to try it.

My favourite breakfast at present is

homemade natural yogurt
    sliced banana
    5 marcona almonds
    5 whole cashew nuts

occasionally add 3 walnuts or half teaspoon of honey

Delicious and the protein in the nuts keeps my hunger at bay.
  • sjlonghorn
    sjlonghorn Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Made one this morning with oats, almond milk, avocado, and blueberries. Milled the oats to a powder beforehand. It was still a little "unsmooth" but I'm fine with the texture...
  • KristenF101
    Options
    I made this today with vanilla protein powder and it tasted like pudding with oats in it. SO YUMMY!!
  • maryb2374
    maryb2374 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I am definitely trying this tomorrow morning! Thanks!
  • dlecorchick
    dlecorchick Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Good job! I am giving this a go tonight/tomorrow morning! Thanks!!!
  • rsmclaurin
    Options
    Bump. Thanks!
  • Bbwnomore2
    Bbwnomore2 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Lindsikin
    Lindsikin Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, Chocolate Protein Powder and All Natural Peanut or almond butter is my all time favorite breakfast!!!
  • catsinpajamas
    Options
    Since I have a lactose intolerance, can I substitute the milk with say SILK or something similar?

edit: I also just read that you can do this with water as well. I'll have to try it out! Thanks for the idea!

I've used applesauce. It tastes like apple crisp if you add some cinnamon.
  • Bbwnomore2
    Options
    My 10 year old loves this. She also loves plain oatmeal with PB and banana. I do to, So its a win!
  • lindapaca
    Options
    If you cannot eat lactose products, soy, almonds and rice milks are good options.
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    They're amazing if you don't mind eating cold oats, and you don't have a lick of time in the morning!

They're also quite filling!
    I overnite my oats then microwave them to cook them.
    My personal favorite is 50g oats, 20 g sultanas soaked in water overnite, then i add some milk and cook for 10 mins on defrost hile i shower.
    They're supper hot and the sultanas make it sweet.

I some times add protein, but i don't like the taste of my powder :grumble:
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    If you cannot eat lactose products, soy, almonds and rice milks are good options.
    And coconut milk. ( any milk alternative would work) OJ may be a little odd but apple or berry juice hould work.
  • Bbwnomore2
    Options
    My 10 year old loves this. She also loves plain oatmeal with PB and banana. I do to, So its a win!

i decided i like mine thicker so i do 1/2 c oats and milk
  • quiltgal55
    quiltgal55 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Do you cook the oats or leave them raw, do you refrigerate the mixture.:drinker:
  • JessXOVanity
    Options
    This sounds like my fave new brekky too! My homemade Bircher muesli, although I use water rather than milk (and i think the actual recipe calls for apple juice)

Just mix a pre-made, untoasted muesli mix (or oats if you want to add your own nuts/sultanas etc.) with just enough water to absorb into the oats but not make it too soggy! Leave overnight in the fridge. Wake up in the morning to a gorgeous bowl of bircher muesli - add natural yoghurt and fresh fruit or berries

Enjoy!! :)
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I will have to try this some time.