Seriously

Options
2»

Replies

• lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I'm starting day 7 and I've been working out and staying within my calorie goal. Although the scale says I've only lost 1.8 pounds I put on my jeans yesterday (normally I wear Yoga pants) and I didn't have a muffin top. I'll take the loss of inches over the loss of weight anyday!

Just keep doint what you are doing ~ you'll make it.
  • missANWilson
    missANWilson Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Think like this

3 pounds one week

4 weeks

3x4=12

12 pounds in a month is great! Plus your body could just be getting sued to everything give it time.

You are going great have faith in yourself as long as that scale is going down there should always be a smile on your face its when it goes up you should be worried even then it could be muscle :)
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I think that's amazing. The hard part is keeping those good habits, stop looking at the scale right now... You need to focus on creating and keeping good habits.
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Impatience with results is one of the ways you can undermine your efforts. Impatience with results can lead to thinking "It doesn't make a difference" or "I have so far to go, and I just want give myself a break -- (and eat this, or stop exercising for xxx)"

That is why losing small, losing slowly can help. Because if you are on a 30-day program, you want big, fast results & then you go back to your regular lifestyle (but these results don't usually last).

But if you are looking to change your life, then your lifestyle changes -- forever. And small changes are the ones that are the easiest to maintain, as well as the easiest to build upon. So don't tear down the small victories & try to be patient. Yes it will take a long time. But the changes will stay with you, because you've changed your body AND your lifestyle.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Not to be rude, but this truly sounds like a defeatist's attitude. 3 lbs in 6 days is friggin' amazing! I suspect that you probably have lost more, but are retaining some water, most likely because your body is getting used to the exercise. Not sure what you are eating, but you have to watch out for sodium. Too much sodium and not enough potassium will cause you to retain water like crazy. It won't matter how many calories you eat. And finally, by virtue of being a woman, you will see water gains at least twice a month anyway.

Relax. Don't sweat the small stuff. This doesn't happen overnight!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    So, I only started my journey 6 days ago. I have lost 3lbs. Now, 3lbs in 6 days is great for some. But I am over 280lbs!!

7 days ago I was eating out once almost every day but atleast 5 times a week. Drinking an insane amount of pop and NO water. Snacking a lot with bad snacks. Just out of control with no exercise.

Now on day 6 I have done none of those things and I am drinking only water.

I am also working my butt of on JM 30 day shred.

I am eating 1620 a day.
    I don't care what you weigh. Three pounds in six days is a fantastic loss.

But if that isn't good enough for you, you might as well just give up now.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    So, I only started my journey 6 days ago. I have lost 3lbs. Now, 3lbs in 6 days is great for some. But I am over 280lbs!!

7 days ago I was eating out once almost every day but atleast 5 times a week. Drinking an insane amount of pop and NO water. Snacking a lot with bad snacks. Just out of control with no exercise.

I am eating 1620 a day.
    I don't care what you weigh. Three pounds in six days is a fantastic loss.

But if that isn't good enough for you, you might as well just give up now.

^This. Being serious about your weight loss means accepting that you're not going to see instant success. Enjoy the fact that you lost what you have lost and keep working. It takes time and effort. Just stick with it.
  • amymichelle1226
    amymichelle1226 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    3lbs in 6 days is a lot! This is a life change and it's not a race...you'll get there! Just keep working towards it and it'll happen. I had 50lbs to lose, I've been at this for 6 months and have lost 31lbs...19lbs to go! Sometimes waiting is frustrating but trust that you are doing the right thing for your body and more importantly, if you do it the right way, the weight is likely to stay gone! You can do this! Keep it up!
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Don't Stop Believin
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

I am eating 1620 a day.

30DS is probably causing water retention, masking your total loss. And 3 pounds is a great loss. I started at 263 and averaging 2 pounds a week is perfect.
  • TheCurvyGamble
    TheCurvyGamble Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    That's great! Keep it up and remember it takes time!
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Keep it up. 3 lbs is good loss.

Just don't get discouraged and keep doing the healthy things it sounds like you're doing.

Don't do anything desperate and don't give up. You won't regret it. I promise.
  • TheRealPDouble
    Options
    first off, don't expect "the Biggest Loser" kind of drops... that is unhealthy and unrealistic. It is gonna take time girl. It took time to put on, it takes time to take off. I'm sure you are doing a fantastic job, just don't lose faith. It is going to be a process if you want to do it right (for the long term). Hang in there!
  • BorgieMN
    BorgieMN Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My first week I lost 1 pound. Didn't give up. Look what I would have missed out on if i gave up, because the first week was only a pound.
  • Carolhn11
    Options
    Incredible 3lbs in 6 days, few weeks a go I'm change my routine start to burning 2500 calories a day and eat only 1300 calories and the first 7 days only lose a 1 pound, my body try to understad the new work out, so the next week lose other 1pound but keep working hard, then next 2 weeks lose 8 pounds, lose weight its not easy but the important is keep going... Blessings and Good Luck =)
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Set small goals for yourself rather than focus on the big picture.
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Do yourself a favour and put the scale away for a while, then work your *kitten* off, then come back to the scale in a month or so. The scale shouldn't define you and if you put so much emphasis on it, it will for sure let you down because losing weight is unpredictable. It didn't take you overnight to gain the weight. Most of this loss is water anyway sadly. 3500 calories is a pound and in 6 days you most likely cannot lose that amount of fat. Take pictures and submit and accept the fact that you are in this for the long haul. It is the only way.
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    If you want to long term weight loss then you need to change the way you are thinking. It isn't going to be quick or easy to lose all of the weight!!
  • Kellyreen
    Kellyreen Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I happen to notice you get on the scale almost every day. Don't obbsess about that stupid number. Plus your loss will fluctuate with the exercise. Some weeks you won't lose much at all because you will start to gain muscle. It's a long hard process to change drastically. It will take a long time but when you get there it'll be beyond worth it and you'll be surprised how it didn't seem like it took forever. Keep it up you can do this.