Foods that noticeably clear complexion

Options

Replies

• tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I don't know how true the 'research' is but it's been said that dairy contributes to bad complexion.
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I started eating better - more fruits and veggies - and my skin cleared up quickly. Exercise helps too.
  • cherryrobot
    cherryrobot Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    No dairy or alcohol helps me
  • veddar79
    veddar79 Posts: 205
    Options
    My wife began using nothing but goat milk soap for face and body wash...cleared up very quickly and no issues since.

you can find it in many stores, just watch out for commercial brands who do their own spin on it and add fragrences and other chemicals.

Stick to natural oils added to the milk and only an essential oil for smell.
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    Drink lots of water and eat lots of fruits and veggies! Water definitely helps, and when I was a vegetarian my skin was clearer and brighter! I eat mostly lean meat now (but not very much of it) and my skin is still very clear, thanks to the water and tons of veggies :)
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    It has been demonstrated that eating lots of veggies will make your skin look healthier. It doesn't necessarily clear up your complexion, but it makes your skin look better b/c some compound in veggies deposits in your skin and gives it a healthier sheen.
  • lenniebus
    lenniebus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    My skin is bad too--and I'm in my 40's--and although by no means perfect, it does better if I make sure to eat lots of fruits, veggies, drink plenty of water, and make sure I don't put my hands on my face too much (I often lean my face on my hands at work...bad habit, and I think the oils etc. from my hands make my skin break out)...I also have SUPER sensitive skin...so I try to use mild, fragrance free stuff to wash my face...
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I can't speak about any magic food that helps clear complexions because I eat well and still get acne.

For cleaning my face I have been using an anti bacterial bar by Cetaphil (sp?) and I use rubbing alcohol as an astringent which seems to work. Through trial and error I have found out that I am allergic to anything with syasilic acid in it as well as stuff that have any kind of SPF in it. I also stopped taking vitamins with biotin and use all natural serums and lotions. I now I have to spend time and look for makeup that is 100% hypoallergenic and has no acne treatment SPF, NOTHING in it. I've been doing this since the beginning of December and have noticed a huge difference in my complexion.
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    drink water
  • vwpiper
    vwpiper Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I don't know about foods to help this. I have had problems with my complexion for over 40 years until i started using tea tree oil soap from http://www.thesoapmakery.com/product_category.php?cid=215.
  • lotusspark
    Options
    A healthy diet, less processed stuff and Spirulina.
  • FitFabFlirty92
    FitFabFlirty92 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    When I cut down on dairy, my complexion cleared up drastically. I did it mainly by switching from regular milk to almond milk in my cereal and milkshakes. Drinking lots of water helps me, too.
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I didn't write this but I googled it.

Explore»Health (44,807)
    by goldiemaz
    7 Followers Honey + Cinnamon Powder = Acne Cure
    I would like to start by saying that I'm not a doctor, a dermatologist or a beautician. Netiher am I certified nor qualified to give beauty advice.

I just would like to share information about what works for me.

I had quite a serious acne problem when I was growing up. It continued until I was in my twenties - which was quite embarrassing. I tried different treatments and beauty products - from the inexpensive ones to the expensive ones - but none of them worked for me.

Then one day, when I was driving to work, I heard the DJ talking about acne remedy she read somewhere. A simple remedy using honey and cinnamon powder. I had nothing to lose, so I decided to give it a try.

Here's what I did. Mix 1 tablespoon of honey (I use New Zealand honey) with 1.5 teaspoon of cinnamon powder. This mixture should last for about 2 months.

Wash your face with a facial cleanser (whatever you're currently using is fine) and pat your face dry. Then apply a thin layer of the honey-cinnamon mix to your face in the same way you'd put on a facial mask. Leave it on for about 15 minutes and then wash your face. Apply toner and moisturiser.

I did this 3 times a week and as the acne cleared, I reduced the frequency to twice a week. Now I only use it once a week.

How long it would take for your acne to clear would depend on how serious it is now. It took almost 4 months for mine to clear.

For most people, the paste doesn't make their skin feel itchy or cause a burning sensation. If you experience either, it's best to stop using it or consult your doctor.

That's the best acne remedy I came across and the best thing is it cost very little and it's very effective.

Try it at your own risk. If it works for you, let me know by leaving a comment below. Good luck.

Related Links
    Natural Remedies - Because Mother Nature Provides the Best Cure

MediAc - Natural Acne Remedy to Help Prevent Blackheads & Pimples
    Natural Ways to Prevent the Appearance of Acne on the Face and Body. MediAc is a Homeopathic Remedy to Help You Alleviate Blackheads and Pimples.
  • calisunrise
    Options
    bump for later
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Just eating well in general and drinking a lot of water.
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    fruits and veggies. I have been juice fasting and my skin feels so soft and amazing. Hair and nails are super strong and healthy too. :)
  • choface
    choface Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Water water water. A gallon of water a day will keep the pimples away!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,619 Member
    Options
    I'm restraining myself for fear of getting a strike.........................

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Ever since I eliminated meat from my diet, A Lot of people have mentioned how much my skin has cleared. I drink a ton of water, no soft drinks and no dairy.

I will have eggs on occasion, but I eat a lot of fruits, veggies, whole grains and nuts and beans.

Also drinking aloe vera juice is good for you as well!
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    So I don't know any foods to eat, however, I take Biotin and Cod Liver Oil daily. It has made a huge difference. Also if you take a tablespoon of honey and a teaspoon of baking soda, mix it up and put in on your face, leave it for a few minutes it kills the bacteria and exfoliates.