Good Book series?

Options

Replies

• cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Bump-read most of these (and agree with lots of them!) but always looking for new ones! I can't believe only one person recommended Jim Butcher-Dresden Files. Sooo good!
  • luv2bfitandhealthy
    luv2bfitandhealthy Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, The most amazing books I've ever read. Have re-read them all. you won't be able to put it down. Just thinking about it makes me want to re-read.

I agree! Love them!
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    The Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon (I think it is up to 14 books)
    Actually she has a couple of series that are great.

Christine Feehan has a couple of great series, sci-fi/paranormal books.
    Melanie Rawn has great sci-fi books also, my fave is the Sunrunners series.
  • stephanie40403
    stephanie40403 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It's not a series, but Gone Girl is a fantastic thriller, smart and clever. Highly recommended, and a really compelling read.

Gone Girl was a totally gripping book, that I did NOT expect most of... totally threw me for a loop...
  • je551caDan13ls
    Options
    Depends what you're into, for a one book read I would go with Stephen Kings 11/22/63-great book, makes you think a bunch..maybe you don't want to read that on vaca...humm????

As for a bunch of books, I enjoy anything by Kathleen and W. Michael Gear. I love the Anasazi Series. All of the books are set in Paleo-American Indian eras. Based on artifacts that have been found. (I think).

What ever you choose, have a great time.
  • Sillybunni
    Sillybunni Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, The most amazing books I've ever read. Have re-read them all. you won't be able to put it down. Just thinking about it makes me want to re-read.

Yes! I was going to say this too. It's a romantic, historical fiction, she puts actual time and effort into researching her books and that makes them great reads. Though I liked easy, quick reads such as the Sookie Stackhouse books, they just seem kinda cheap after "Outlander."
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    the passage
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. One or two books would likely be all you'd get through as they are LONG, but there are currently 7 books in the series. I'm just about done with book 5 and still hooked. It's a little bit of historical fiction, time travel, love story, and a few other things, all wrapped into one fantastic shell.
  • leska1216
    leska1216 Posts: 260
    Options
    Encyclopedia Brown

Oh, yes, an all time favourite! So adventurous.
  • ShawndaSallee
    ShawndaSallee Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings, The Hunger Games, Or the Divergant series
  • treagal
    treagal Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    twilight if you haven't already
    lee child writes good books too
  • treagal
    treagal Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    clan of the cave bear series is really really good!!!!!
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    city of lost souls or vampire academy, or the Trylle Trilogy all amazing well written books that u will love!!!
  • leska1216
    leska1216 Posts: 260
    Options
    Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum Series I started this series in the middle, then went back & read it from the start.

James Patterson's Alex Cross Series I read these books while waiting for the next Stephanie Plum book to come out.

Robert B. Parker's Jesse Stone Series I started this series last month & love it!!

Finally, someone who knows a good author and good books. Janet Evanovich is fluff reading, very light, non mind consuming. Not greatly written. These are all mystery/thriller (to some extent) stories. Jesse Stone is so easy to read, fluff like Stephanie Plum. But Alex Cross is mind boggling.
  • veddar79
    veddar79 Posts: 205
    Options
    A Song of Ice and Fire - 5 books out of 7 completed.

You may know it as "Game of Thrones" (book 1)

On my last cruise our favorite bartender suggested this. So far, I have heard to a of good stuff about it. It's on my list next. I did start watching the tv series - if it's half as good as the series I'll be happy (and I hear its better).

Right now I am re-reading then finishing the Dark Tower series by Stephen King - awesome.

I also read 50 Shades trilogy on my last cruise - not impressed.
    The Hunger Games was ok. Really liked the first book, second less and not a fan of the last.

Pillars of the Earth is one of my favorite books. I know I read another in the series but don't really remember.

I recommend the Fire and Ice series as well. The first 3 are awesome. 4 and 5 meh. But still good. 6 and 7 are due out soon. They are very long, so it will keep you busy awhile.
  • joywo
    joywo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    The left behind series by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins or The Bible
  • joywo
    joywo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I do enjoy Evanovich! Very funny, easy reads.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    50 Shades of Grey.

Oh, you!
  • yep 50 shades!
  • randysbombshellgirl
    randysbombshellgirl Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Janet Evanovich starts with One For The Money and there are about 15 or so after that. Funny, easy read...great for a cruise!!
    [/quote
    I agree I'm addicted to this series. If you want a quick read with lots of laughs this is for you