bump
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    bump
  • janiesue101
    janiesue101 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Had to post, I thought this said crack pot tips and recipes, I was going to say; wear aluminium foil on your head to keep the voices out :happy:
    Had to laugh and getting foil out now to keep the voices at bay.
  • jennyrae719
    Options
    bump
  • jgreer0109
    jgreer0109 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later. My schedule is insane with afternoon classes, kids ball practices and tumbling classes every night. I will be trying lots of these yummy recipes!!
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    My cousin fed this to us when we were up in Virginia visiting her. I've made it several times and my mom made it at our Christmas party and for my grandparents. I ran this through the recipe thing on here, and it comes out to 265 calories a serving if there are 6 servings (which is approx a bowlful). The only person who doesn't like it is my sister, and that's because she doesn't like black beans.

Cream Cheese Chicken Chili

2-4 chicken breasts (I usually use 3 fresh, but can also be frozen)
    1 can corn, undrained
    1 can Rotel, undrained (I use Rotel diced tomatoes with green chiles)
    1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
    1 pkg ranch dressing mix
    1 tsp cumin
    1 tbsp chili powder
    1 tsp onion powder
    1 8 oz package cream cheese

Lay chicken at the bottom of the crock pot. Drain and rinse black beans. Add black beans, corn, and Rotel on top. Add in spices and mix up. Lay cream cheese on top of it all and cover. Cook on low 6-8 hours. The cream cheese won't melt during the cooking process. When it's done, mix the cream cheese in and shred the chicken (which is super easy at this point).

This all fits in my super tiny crock pot very nicely. I like to eat it by scooping it with blue corn tortilla chips! I have been considering adding in cayenne pepper to make it a bit spicier. It is very much on the mild side of my scale.

Thanks for the recipes, the above one sounds like a winner!
  • tennisrach7
    Options
    Bump, great thread.
  • stephaniekhani
    stephaniekhani Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Nothing better than a crock pot! We use the crockpot recipes on Skinnytaste a lot.
  • clare_smiles
    clare_smiles Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Great ideas! Thanks everyone. I always do a turkey breast in the crockpot for Christmas. Easy!
  • DeirdreMum8
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Great ideas, thank you all!
  • goforit06
    goforit06 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Bump!!! :)
  • NewCyn
    NewCyn Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Frozen Boneless skinless Chicken, Italian dressing mix, chicken broth.. cook on low for 6 hrs . Remove the chicken and add some softened cream cheese let it melt and whisk together.. It makes an awesome gravy! Just put the chicken back into sauce and serve over brown rice or whole grain pasta.
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Not a recipe but I just got a desktop crock-pot for lunches. You can't cook in it (it only gets up to 165 degrees) but it's great for bringing lunch to work. It has a removable steel food container (20 ounces) with a lid that I carry between work and home. I leave the heating unit at work and just fill the food container with leftovers, pop in the container when I get to work and plug it in. At lunch I have a hot meal.

The lid on the heating container screws on, so there isn't a smell from the food, my cube mates don't even know it's there.
  • Yardtigress
    Yardtigress Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    White bean and ham soup- Trim a ham steak and cut into bite size pieces, add navy beans or white beans (2 cups) add either 4 cups water or chicken stock, 1 1/2 tsp cumin, 1 Tbsp cayenne pepper, 1 Tbsp garlic powder, 2 tsp onion powder, cook on low for 8 hours, yummy and spicy.
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    get a couple boneless, skinless chicken breasts and put them in the slow cooker....slice up a few onion slices and a few bell peppers.... now the secret...cover them in Diet Dr Pepper and let them slow cook for about 6 hours..

wow...the best thing i have ever had....
  • SteelersFan7
    SteelersFan7 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Chainbreaker
    Chainbreaker Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Buffalo roast.

Add fresh onions, garlic, cilantro, and a touch of turkey broth.

Simmer all day lon low heat.

Devour.