Do you feel like you're invisible or way too visible?

Options

Replies

• ebonyb202
    ebonyb202 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I try to be invisible but it dosent work....I think I look good but I don't think other people think I do....I don't believe compliments, question male attention & even go as far as trying not to look as confident as I feel...but it dosent work people see it & I can only control my walk for so long lol. In about 60lbs I guess I'll own my confidence and accept the attention...because right now it's like I'm scared to show that I think I'm awesome
  • ParanSkies
    Options
    I think I may have a bit of social anxiety disorder so my shy, quiet demeanor definitely makes it easy for me to be "invisible".
    It's really frustrating because I can loosen up a lot around my small number of friends but people I'm not familiar with can't see that and mistake my neutral expression as me being angry (I guess I just look that way?) That makes it really hard for me to make friends, no less flirt with someone! It doesn't help that my most of my friends, even if they are a little shy, still have many more friends than I do and I'm probably the heaviest amongst our acquaintances. My friend also recently got a new boyfriend who adores her and I really feel genuinely happy for her, but I can't help but feel so jealous. She's naturally quite thin and pretty too ._.

But regardless of how I am in the real world, I find it so comforting to come on MFP and know that others are going through exactly the same thing as me. It really motivates me to not only lose weight to look great and feel great about myself, but also to become more outgoing and be more approachable!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Invisible.
  • icandowhateveriputmymindto
    Options
    Pretty invisible bro. I think it's the way I carry myself that make people avoid me.
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Where I live currently (Taiwan), I am incredibly visible, I am the only white woman in our apartment complex so I stand out. I am also pretty tall so this also makes me stand out :laugh:
    When I'm back home in the UK, I don't think I stand out too much, I don't know though haha
  • the_crazy_ninja
    Options
    Invisible.....but hey, I am a ninja :)
  • But regardless of how I am in the real world, I find it so comforting to come on MFP and know that others are going through exactly the same thing as me. It really motivates me to not only lose weight to look great and feel great about myself, but also to become more outgoing and be more approachable!

Soo true!! Even though i have only been on MFP for a short time, it has helped me sooo much. I feel accountable. Even if i've had a bad day or good. I can be exactly who i am and have zero judgement. I have made an amazing support system here and i know it will continue to grow.

Good Luck to all of you with your fitness goals. Holla anytime!!!! :)
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    there is somebody for everybody and everyone has different taste and types. That being said, it is all about confidence.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    People notice me.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    the reason "all" your friends are getting married is bc you're 26. It's the age of desperation and jumping too soon. Focus on yourself and the changes you want to make.

rubbish! i was quite happy being single at 26 and none of my friends were married then!
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I feel invisible for the most part, but recently one of my friends told me guys hit on me all the time. So apparently I just can't tell? Maybe it's the same for you. Confidence is important.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I feel invisible a lot.
    Prob why I am so outgoing here.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Invisible. I've lived in the shadow of my sister (the social butterfly) my entire life (if something happens to/with/about/for my sister, I am NOT ALLOWED to have anything else happen in my life that affects her happiness/sadness/pain/drama, I am REQUIRED to "suck it up" because it's not about me) it took me until this year that I will always be second best to her in my family and with any shared friends.
    Guys have never noticed me (I swear, I must need to post my picture with a bag over my head on these online dating sites) thus, 40 and still single (every effort to meet some one has ended up in rejection, feedback I get as to why not interested: too nice, too tall, too smart, too fat, too quiet, too loud, too serious, too laid back, too strong -not strength wise, emotionally I guess, since I'm so used to being the "strong one" that everyone turns to in a crisis, too independent, you get the drift...
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I never had problem meeting men, even when I was fat.

Personality goes a long way. Feeling sorry for yourself because you're the "fat" chick does not.

ETA: Also, to answer the actuall question, neither. I'm far from invisible, but I don't feel like I'm "too" visible.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    IMHO it's not so much that people are invisible or too visible, it's that some people have the confidence to strike up a converstaion or be the center of attention and some people don't. I'm not invisible nor am I too visible...I'm just as visible as I want to be.

I also know I that I'm freakin' awesome...just look at my friends, only someone as awesome as I am can have friends as awesome as they are. It is with this knowledge that I am able to talk to anyone, anytime, anywhere.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Hmm, depends on my mood. Whether or not I want to be noticed.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    No and I am the fat friend. The fact is there are a lot of guys out there that will date the fat chick but if you lack the confidence they are not going to spend any time trying to date you.

Be confident, love yourself it shows through and you will attract people no matter your size. Confidence is everything honestly.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    I turn heads and I'm okay with it. Having good bone structure and being nearly 6ft tall helps though :laugh:

I've chosen to be single for the past 4-5 years after a pretty heartbreaking end to my engagement in 2007. I spent hundreds of hours analyzing my perceived failures and shortcomings and feeling sorry for myself. I actively tried to be like the other women in my life. During that time, I was the most invisible I've ever been.

Then, I let go of the baggage and decided to just be me and all of a sudden the "friend zone" I was constantly in started getting kind of crowded with people who wanted to be close to me, cared about what I had to say, wanted to spend time with me, wanted to take things further with me.

I work on myself every day because I want to be the best version of me. That person has no room in her life for regrets or self-pity or any of that negative crap.
  • Momiofour
    Momiofour Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I am somewhat invisible. The earlier post about customer service rang true to me. I always get ignored in lines! There are times I let myself be invisible - when I am not into an activity or not enjoying myself at a party. I can emotionally check-out, if that makes sense. Around hot people, men or women, I am definitely invisible, even though I'm not bad looking. I let them be the hotter one.

It really is about confidence and "owning" yourself. My sister once told me that I would be the most attractive woman if I owned my sexiness. Still not sure how to do that, but I think about it from time to time. Any suggestions on exactly how to own it would be great!!