Can somebody just tell me if this is healthy or not?

Options
1235»

Replies

• PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Okay for breakfast i had :Go ahead apple and raisin biscuit(50cals)
    Lunch: Pasta king no cheese (250cal)
    Dinner: small red potato with salmon with veg dk how many cals yet
    snacks: 1 1/2 more goahead biscuits (100 cals)

I got told this was a very bad diet:/

Where do you think it is healthy?

Full of processed, foods except for dinner. The rest of your day is pretty awful.

Protein, fats and lots of vegetables (like your supper) is how your meals should strive to be.

There is no fresh meat, vegetables or fruit in your menu - EXCEPT for dinner.

I eat for health, not calorie counts.
  • wchapman50
    Options
    OK you got beat up last October.
    This website has useful information and some tools too: http://www.choosemyplate.gov/
    A picture of what each meal should IDEALLY look like: http://www.choosemyplate.gov/downloads/mini_poster_English_final.pdf
  • azdavid7
    azdavid7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes, poor.no protein or very little.......google " Body for life " click on sample meal plans..This will get youstarted
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    def eat more! Are u trying to starve yourself?
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Not nearly enough calories. Taking in that little fuel isnt good even without working out, and dangerously low if you do work out. That looks like 800 calories max.
  • diane1125
    Options
    I would say that if you are staying with in your number then don't worry what any one else says. I had a bad morning and started my day with 3 krispie kreame donuts. And still stayed within my numbers. they are the only thing that counts and don't forget to do some kind of activity for exersice. I some time just clean my house and that uses up calories.
  • Shellsmiley
    Shellsmiley Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I would up your Protein but as well as how much you are eating. For me, I have low Protein and Iron so I have to take iron supplements, But for upping my protein intake, I have a morning shake almost every day! It has 27g protein per scoop and then I usually get the rest from beans or lentils cause to be honest, I don't like eating meat very much. It makes me bloated and feels gross.

What is your daily calorie limit supposed to be roughly? It seems to me from what you are eating, you have very low calorie intake. I could be wrong though.

You should try to make home made foods with items that are clean like fresh vegetables and fresh meat or legumes. I don't like to prepare a lot of different items to eat per meal, so I make a lot of curries, stews, soups, goulash, and stirfry's in order to get everything I need. :heart: I hope that helped.

PS - A good way to keep full is by eating Protein - it keeps you full for a long time compared to high carb items. Nuts, meat, eggs, fish, legumes (lentils, kidney beans, chic peas, etc)
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    It's all a bit too processed for my liking...
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    add more veg. specifically green veg. it holds a lot of the nutrients you need plus is low cal and will help you feel full longer. Up protein, up calories.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Can somebody just clarify what carbs actually are and what foods contain them most? :( I;m eating at least 1200 cals a day so idont think im intaking little i feel sick now if i eat to much :/ having pasta king was obviously a big mistake but i normally have a box of raisins for lunch,,

How on earth did you get to the point of needing to lose weight if you can't stomach 1200?
  • anikisa
    anikisa Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    any form of pasta and bread is a big nono because it is over processed :D muffins, bagel, cookies are all bad. I would not worry so much if you eat too many carbs fat or protein just eat healthy tons of fruits and vegetables uhh do not forget nuts (avoid peanuts) :) just try your best! and BE HEALTHY! the weight loss will come with health :D
  • chefphil321
    Options
    The salmon has omega 3 in it so that's good. Red skin potatoes are starch which will give you instant energy to burn. Switch to whole wheat pasta is better. You don't want trans fat. The only fats you want are mono or poly fats. Dark green veggies are awesome for you unless your on blood thinners.
  • musettef
    Options
    You seem to be lacking protein in your diet. Try to add more protein like fish, chicken, red meat, or turkey in your diet. Eat every 2-3 hours small portions and drink lots of water! Try to have a fruit with a protein and carb in the am and if you workout a fruit before or after you workout with protein. 5-6 meals a day is ideal to speed up metabolism. Good luck :)