How overweight is TOO overweight?

Options

Replies

• strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    If they dont like you the way you are right now- they aint good enough for you.
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I don't normally go for a man based on how he looks. I can find someone handsome, but do I want to jump his bones because of it? No. I don't want to jump someone until they make me laugh, or flash me the right smile and then flirt with me the right way.

I love a rugby player build on a guy, but I once found a VERY VERY big guy unbelievably attractive because of his voice and almost gave him my number, but was too shy to do so.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    "you're sooooo pretty"

"you're better off without him!"

"you're perfect the way you are!"

.... any other affirmations you'd like??

Anyone with self respect and any sense of maturity isn't going to dismiss someone they love because they are overweight.
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Sorry if this was a little misleading. Ive just been doing a bit of thinking about my last relationship. I know how I feel about love and relationships, but many tend to disagree. Not being superficial, I was actually dumped for being too fat, which made me feel just awesome. But it is nice to see that there are genuinely good guys out there who can appreciate a girl for who she is, not her waist size. Thats all :)

Honey, you weren't dumped for being too big. If a guy claims there is something wrong with you physically and that is why they are leaving, it is their attempt to blame what is wrong between on you both on just you. True love sees past all of that ****. Do you think you'd still be together and madly in love if you were skinny? If you think so, then it still had nothing to do with your weight, it's something to do with him.
  • piggydog
    piggydog Posts: 322
    Options
    If you can't take care of your body how would you be able to take care of me?
    I will not date someone significantly over weight... I don't find it attractive
  • darleyschroeder
    Options
    Yeah, you can be attracted to someone if they are a bit overweight or even quite large. Generally, people are initially attracted to someone because of how they look. But when you get to know someone they become more attractive or significantly less attractive because of their personality and charm.
    Maybe this is just a girl thing though.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    To answer the question, when I have to slap your leg and ride the wave in... you may be too overweight.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm clinically obese...I hope someone shows us fatties some love.

'Obese' is a measure of weight, not fat.
  • darleyschroeder
    Options
    My wife and I loved each other when we were overweight but I gotta say everything is better now that we're both in shape.

Better sex = better relationship.

This guy has got a point. My hubs was a little chubby, but when he got a labor intensive job he totally muscled up and leaned out. He was super hot before and now he is just super, super hot!
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Individual Preference

/end thread

Unless you're on here looking for compliments :yawn:
  • shell6469
    shell6469 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    WT? This was a waste of time... Why do I open this crap....
  • LondonEliza
    LondonEliza Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Sorry if this was a little misleading. Ive just been doing a bit of thinking about my last relationship. I know how I feel about love and relationships, but many tend to disagree. Not being superficial, I was actually dumped for being too fat, which made me feel just awesome. But it is nice to see that there are genuinely good guys out there who can appreciate a girl for who she is, not her waist size. Thats all :)

Oh honey, you were not dumped because you were overweight.
    You were dumped because you were unfortunate enough to date an as*ho1e .... who used weight as an excuse to dump you.

To b@stardise a quote from Winston Churchill:
    You can lose weight but he will always be a d0uche and the sack it came in

x
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

Sorry you got dumped for your weight (especially if the guy knew that going in)......but on the other hand, it's not fair to have certain expectations and standards yourself but then not allow the opposite sex to have them.

If some guys prefer athletic women, that doesn't make then not "good guys"
  • mercymarque
    Options
    My hubby has the beer gut and man boobs... I still love him and still find him sexy. If he loses it great, if not I still down for him.
  • Routerninja
    Options
    Well, I've been dumped for being fat many times. Most recently she claimed it was a myriad of other issues but it kept coming back to my weight. This was after I had went from 602 to 460 and was still trending downward.

Am I still fat? Yep (Well, as much as 470 on a very large 6'8" frame can be..). I'm also a lot better off without her since I have someone who loves and adores me just as I am and wants to work together on losing weight to be healthy, not for some superficial BS reason.

Best Advice I can give?

Be happy with yourself AS YOU ARE NOW.

Find someone who loves you AS YOU ARE NOW.

Build from there.
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I have to confess... I'm a bit shallow. I am a chubby chaser. I love a little bit of pudge on a man. I do not go for muscles or weedy guys. I will admit that my boyfriend's weight (over) was one of the things that made me fall for him. Of course, now that I'm in love with him I don't care what he looks like, but it did attract me to start with. In fact we are getting healthy together these days, and he's now a medium. I am proud of him because he's healthier and more confident and happier. But I do miss that belly sometimes... sigh...
  • Bobtheangrytomato
    Bobtheangrytomato Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Matter of opinion. Although bony people always poke you in all the wrong places :)
  • MissyJessy
    MissyJessy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    its a health thing for me... and taking care of yourself... if your overweight and theres no medical conditions restricting eating or working out im not interested and that may be shallow. But how can you expect anyone else to love you if you clearly dont care about yourself?

However if i meet a great guy who is making efforts to change his life then thats different as long as the attempt is there then we will see where it goes but i typically find myself very attracted to fit men
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I don't know man... Can you still be attracted to someone EVEN IF they're a tad pudgy? Maybe you're like me and go more for personality... Maybe not. What do you think?

Sure. You look a little chubby, and I find your picture attractive ...
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    My wife and I loved each other when we were overweight but I gotta say everything is better now that we're both in shape.

Better sex = better relationship.

This guy has got a point. My hubs was a little chubby, but when he got a labor intensive job he totally muscled up and leaned out. He was super hot before and now he is just super, super hot!

Junk tends to shrink or grow as a male gains or loses weight! My youngest son went through a chubby phase, and his junk all but disappeared. When he leaned out a little, it popped right back out.