daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    drink back your exercise calories

^^

Love this. HAH!
  • me23823
    me23823 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Skinny girl wine! It's not the best wine but decent I guess. 100 calories per serving. Not sure how many servings are in a bottle though :tongue:
  • fit_librarian
    fit_librarian Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Just don't drink a whole bottle....?
  • Wen37
    Wen37 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    bump
  • muah3iluvzu06
    muah3iluvzu06 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My 5 ounces of my favorite wine is only 127 calories! So I splurge and have a glass a couple times per week! :)
  • TheViperMan
    TheViperMan Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    check out this website. it gives a list of alcohol and the calories in a list.

http://getdrunknotfat.com/

Best. Web address. Ever.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Greeting from a fellow wino! Love my wines so much that yesterday at lunch with the hubby was kinda embarrassed when one waitress was suggesting a wine and telling me this and this are good when another waitress said, oh you don't have to tell her..."she knows" and we all had a laugh! I was like "yeah, i didn't want to say anything but I KNOW those are good wines. Then she found me a new red to try and I successfully worked into my meal plan for lunch going over my calories just a bit and then making up for it with smaller snacks later. It was a full glass since they didn't have smaller portions and I just relished it with my food as she paired it for me and didn't feel guilty in the least. I knew I could come home enter it all on here and adjust the rest of my day accordingly. Maybe a whole bottle would be hard to get thru if you drank the wine with your biggest meal of the day, lunch or dinner and just worked it into your plan. I say forget the lo cal ideas even if there are some and just go for quality over quantity to get the most satisfaction from it.

OOPs also forgot to mention some restaurants offer tastes as almost like flights thats a way to get less wine. Another way is some restaurants vary their portion sizes take advantage of those like Macaroni Grill serves a half glass of wine called "half quartino" just know they will try to convince you that the full glass is a better value but you can just tell them that's okay you have more money to spend than calories.

Oh, also sometimes I save my dessert calories and replace them with a dessert wine (or regular one) which I literally have while everyone has dessert. For way fewer calories it keeps my mouth busy while everyone can still partake of dessert feeling less guilty that I don't get to have any that day. I mean how can you feel sorry for anyone with a good glass of wine going down.:drinker: Cheers!
  • BlairCottier
    BlairCottier Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Red wine is better than white wine - less sugar and has some health benefits to it. I love wine too and find it difficult to stick to one glass once the bottle is opened so I limit myself to one day a week, two if there are special occassions going on. Remember that this is a lifestyle change. If you loose weight using methods and eating a way that you know you will not sustain for the rest of your life you will not be successful maintaining your weight loss.

Love this! I also LOVE wine and have had to restrict it to just a couple nights a week, but I usually try to work it in my calories as well. Thanks for posting OP, there are some great ideas here :drinker:
  • Katgayton
    Katgayton Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wine is indeed a hard one. I LOVE my wine. I've decided to cut back to once per week, but that usually involves an entire bottle. But, I make sure I get a good sweat on that day to help balance. As long as it's not every day, it's ok....right? Yum...you got me thinking about a nice cold glass of pinot grigio right now....lol
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    There is that Skinny Girl line, but I have no idea if it is good or not. Here's to hoping :drinker:
    Skinny Girl sucks.

Haha! Good to know!!
    Yeah thanks for being blunt and warning me off that one. Getting curious. My bad experience with Barefoot brand was keeping me at bay but your honesty has put the nail in that coffin.
  • Evachiquita
    Evachiquita Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Been there done that! Whole bottle of wine or a six pack in a night! Drinking (wine and beer) is something I struggle with, but I have come to realize that it's no different than emotional eating. Maybe you need to identify WHY you feel the need to drink a few glasses or a whole bottle of wine a night. Maybe if you purchased higher quality, and better tasting, wine you would feel satisfied with less than, or up to, a glass of wine with dinner. That works for me, on normal days. I'm no angel and get carried away sometimes. If you're drinking to get drunk maybe you should just start taking shots of liquor!
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Wine is goooooooooood, but unless it's a night out and my aim is to get drunk I only have a small glass at a time. If I drank a whole bottle I'd be on the floor dribbling.
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I love my Diet Cranberry and Vodka. I think it's Ocean Spray...it's 5 calories per 8 ounces. Then I buy the cheapest Vodka, Burnettes. It's $13.00 for their biggest bottle. To make my drink, I do two cups of cranberry and two shots of vodka per drink. It's like 138 cals and depending on your tolerance....3-4 will most likely put you on your *kitten*! haha enjoy! :drinker:
    You got me thinking, so I looked up nutritional value of vodka... It has none.. zero everything, so where do the calories come from? Why does it turn to sugar or ( what does it turn to in our bodies? I have given it up for now because I start & I don't know when to stop :grumble: I would drink all my calories for the day & never blink an eye:drinker: Seriously can any one answer the questions I ask? I really want to know.
  • Kellyeee2013
    Options
    I am not the type of person to just have one glass for the sake of just having wine. If I am drinking with friends, I like the buzz. "So don't drink the whole bottle" or "whole bottle is bad" is not really going to work for me. That is like saying, "Don't have the whole 6-pack, just have one." Not as fun! lol
  • Kellyeee2013
    Options
    Been there done that! Whole bottle of wine or a six pack in a night! Drinking (wine and beer) is something I struggle with, but I have come to realize that it's no different than emotional eating. Maybe you need to identify WHY you feel the need to drink a few glasses or a whole bottle of wine a night. Maybe if you purchased higher quality, and better tasting, wine you would feel satisfied with less than, or up to, a glass of wine with dinner. That works for me, on normal days. I'm no angel and get carried away sometimes. If you're drinking to get drunk maybe you should just start taking shots of liquor!

I do not think there is anything wrong with drinking to get a buzz. I don't get "drunk" off a bottle of wine because I usually choose a lower percentage like 12%. Nor, does it have anything to do with "emotional eating." I just sometimes like to have drinks with friends and prefer the taste and effects of wine over vodka, shots etc. Also, not matter how much wine I drink, it never makes me sick like other alcohol does. This is just my pref. It doesn't mean I have problems or anything of the sort and it is not all of the time either. I was just shocked at all the calories is all.
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I drink wine almost every day. Most reds and whites have 20 calories per ounce. Black Box Merlot and Cab both have 120 calories per 8oz glass, it's practically diet wine. I prefer the Cabernet, by the way.

I can't tell you how excited I am to read this!! I love Black Box wine! Thank you!
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I love my Diet Cranberry and Vodka. I think it's Ocean Spray...it's 5 calories per 8 ounces. Then I buy the cheapest Vodka, Burnettes. It's $13.00 for their biggest bottle. To make my drink, I do two cups of cranberry and two shots of vodka per drink. It's like 138 cals and depending on your tolerance....3-4 will most likely put you on your *kitten*! haha enjoy! :drinker:
    You got me thinking, so I looked up nutritional value of vodka... It has none.. zero everything, so where do the calories come from? Why does it turn to sugar or ( what does it turn to in our bodies? I have given it up for now because I start & I don't know when to stop :grumble: I would drink all my calories for the day & never blink an eye:drinker: Seriously can any one answer the questions I ask? I really want to know.

Yes, vodka has calories, about 80 calories per ounce, just like most hard liquors.
  • woodsy0912
    Options
    I'm late on this train but I too, love red wine. I used to be a binge drinker almost everyday but have drastically cut back and it seems to be working for me.

I limit myself to one bottle per week. Too bad that usually ends up being in one night. :laugh:

I enjoy it so much though, and look forward to that night all week. I also burn more at the gym that day as well no negate even more of the calories.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    It's not the wine that's the issue. It's the fact that you're not enjoying it in moderation, and you're drinking a bottle in one sitting. Try savoring it!
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    When i want to cut the calories! I do wine spritzers with 1/2 glass wine and 1/2 diet pop (cranberry mist, cherry 7-up).