What Upsets You The Most About The Biggest Loser?

Options

Replies

• samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Nothing because it is a TV show and I have more important things to worry about. :)
  • graveflower316
    graveflower316 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I haven't watched these current seasons very much (I stopped watching when this barbie-like trainer replaced Jillian), but I noticed there was a child on it during a commercial? I just hope that he doesn't get judged on the same basis as the adults. I'm hoping he can just do the motions to lose the weight and go home healthy... If not, that would be just terrible.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I was pretty horrified at how bad of shape these people are in. A 25 year old man that can't run on a treadmill at a 12 min per mile pace for more than a couple minutes? How did you do so much damage to yourself in such a short time? I do love seeing the transformations, although I fast forward through all the weepy "emotional journey" crap.
  • graveflower316
    Options
    Nothing because it is a TV show and I have more important things to worry about. :)

Like post on MFP ;)
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Well, it is called "The Biggest Loser" and not the most muscle mass or fitness or anything like that. I've never watched it personally.
  • bluecrayonz
    bluecrayonz Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    i agree...something about that show just doesnt sit right with me. Chris Powell on extreme makeover weight loss edition has a much better method and I like that show alot better
  • glenette1
    glenette1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I hate how they treat the contestants like they are stupid and pathetic during the first few episodes. Especially Jillian. I don't think she sees the contestants as fellow human beings. I hate how disrespectful she is to obese individuals. It literally makes me sick. I do, however, like the Jillian Michaels DVDs and find her encouraging when she's just being a trainer and not going for dramatics.
  • Webbygail
    Webbygail Posts: 116
    Options
    I hate seeing people get upset that they only lost 20 LBs in a week. ONLY 20 LBS IN A WEEK? Omg, life is over! And they think life is over because their TRAINERS are pushing them to lose even more than that. Like Bob said on Sundays episode "You're like the biggest guy here. You got these other guys over here losing close to 30 LBs. That should've been you, that's why you're not happy with 21 pounds"....It seriously makes me wanna vomit hearing that. And speaking of vomit, they're only losing that much weight because of all the vomiting during workouts.
  • Roeri011
    Roeri011 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    The people who watch it. A friend of mine has a coworker on the current season. She keeps saying how she is an inspiration. Why is being morbidly obese and on an extreme weight loss reality show inspiring? The obese woman sweating her butt off running on the treadmill at the gym is inspiring to me.
  • Iceman420
    Iceman420 Posts: 195
    Options
    I'm upset that these people get to work out 6 hours a day. Try doing that with a full time job. I'm guessing all their meals are planned by trainers. They don't force themselves to choose healthy stuff. I'm also guessing all that healthy food is paid for by the show. It must be nice....
  • graveflower316
    Options
    I hate seeing people get upset that they only lost 20 LBs in a week. ONLY 20 LBS IN A WEEK? Omg, life is over! And they think life is over because their TRAINERS are pushing them to lose even more than that. Like Bob said on Sundays episode "You're like the biggest guy here. You got these other guys over here losing close to 30 LBs. That should've been you, that's why you're not happy with 21 pounds"....It seriously makes me wanna vomit hearing that. And speaking of vomit, they're only losing that much weight because of all the vomiting during workouts.

It is a lot of weight, but when someone is well over 400lbs, those lbs should come off a lot easier than someone smaller who has the workout and diet, so in a sense Bob is right but I know what you mean. I don't really believe their week is actually a traditional 7 day week. I remember in one of the older episodes, during a confessional with one of the people, they mentioned how it had been almost two weeks since their last weigh in (and it sounded like it was a normal routine). So who knows, it's for a show, so they want the most drastic, dramatic bullcrappery weightloss results so that they can get people amped up to lose weight and buy all the stuff they advertise in the show discretely.
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I don' t like that it is unrealistic for the average person to focus solely on losing weight and exercising 6 hours a day. In the real world most of us have to work for a living and can' t afford specialized meals. I don' t watch it.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    when people complain about not wanting to do the workouts and fall out crying or some other type nonsense.

TBL has been on for several years, they interviewed to be on so why are they crying like they dont what to expect. :noway:
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I would like to see a Biggest Loser with nothing but people over 60 and people with serious metabolic challenges who were eating somewhat reasonable diets in the first place. I am tired of these people who were eating 5,000 + calories a day before they got on the show and drop the weight like crazy once restricted.

I remember that blonde girl Amanda from a few seasons back was told by the show that she should not expect to do well because she has lipedema. I see very few lipedema women make it on the show.

Send home the ones who have the hardest time losing weight... yeah that makes sense.
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    READ that article/interview with Kai. If that doesn't make you rage in disgust and contempt for the show then I don't know what will. I lost all respect for Biggest Loser.
  • dianamagiera
    Options
    It is not natural. I would be scared of a heart attack if I did 6 hours of working out at a very heavy weight.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    The 15 minute drumroll between when they get on the scale and when they announce the loss. This includes the 800lbs of variations on the display.

Sure the fakeness, unrealistic diets etc but those are obvious.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i want more conflict. they should introduce a way for teams to sabotage other teams. put weight gainers in the protein shakes. give penalties for crying (1 pound or so). etc..
  • FitnSassy
    FitnSassy Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I really don't like the way they make the contestants dress at the weigh-ins. All of the women have their pants below their navel so that their tummy can hang over, and the men have to remove their t-shirts. They will do anything to exaggerate the progress. I do watch the show, but I tune out the crap! Non-Reality TV is for entertainment purposes only!
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I wish that they would focus more on diet, as opposed to the product pushing. These people eat at a severe caloric diet since they are working out 6-8 hours a day, but I'd love to see the science behind calculating their maintenance calorie intake, and whether they eat well rounded foods, or just starve and dehydrate themselves. Some of these people look like they never went a day without junk food, and that's hard to give up cold turkey.