your take on Ramen Noodles ??

Options

Replies

• trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm, that looks wonderful. "Real" ramen is simply amazing.
  • runmybunsoff
    runmybunsoff Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Ramen is perfect. End of story. And you can't fight with me because I am Asian. See? :-P
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Salty.
  • runmybunsoff
    runmybunsoff Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I must have been subconsciously influenced by this post, as I went for Ramen for lunch

I got Katsu Curry. Soooooo good! :)

l.jpg

You are the man!!!
  • mia840
    mia840 Posts: 42
    Options
    Too much sodium.

Unhealthy
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Love me some Ramen noodles. Too bad the sodium is out of control which i'm trying to watch.
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    bad bad bad sodium off the hook!!!! When I'm craving noodles I have Shirataki ----the bomb of tastiness and no carbs!!!!
  • kodibear123
    kodibear123 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love ramen noodles! I buy Thai Kitchen brand ones. They are called Thai Kitchen Green Onion Instant Rice Noodle Soup. They are lower in sodium and fat...etc.. I put in my protein source (chicken, turkey, beef) and tons of veggies. Yum! For this lifestyle to work I had to have my ramen noodles! :) Nutritonals for the WHOLE package is: 170 Cal/2.5 Fat (no saturated)/780 Sodium/34 Carbs/1 fiber/3 sugar. I don't worry too much about sodium as I drink a ton of water and work out alot. FYI-Noodles only are 5 WW Points plus.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I eat ramen noodles nearly everyday. They're my kryptonite. I know its bad for me but soooooo GOOD! I generally don't drink the broth though, so I guess that helps. Then I just gorge endless amounts of water.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    woops, double post
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Throw in an egg and spam............................damn. I have them on occasion.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • taekwonkenpo
    Options
    Raman noodles are not salty people!!! I use them on occasion in stir fry. It is the flavor packet that is salty. Use different methods to add flavor and ramon noodles can become a lot of different things.

However there are much better choices out there for noodles. But this thread was about raman right.
  • wildrose85014
    Options
    i don't drink the broth either. make the noodles with broth, then drain broth off. does anyone know if that changes the calorie content?
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    190 calories per serving, high sodium, high fat...the perfect comfort food for sick people. As a matter of fact, my husband has the flu and guess what he got for dinner?
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Real ramen is the absolute ish!

The kind you buy for 89c at your corner grocer... well, it pretty much doesn't have any nutritional value thanks to the high sodium and fat count and low everything else count.
  • gettingmeback2013
    gettingmeback2013 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    It's only ridiculous in sodium if you use the seasoning packet. I make Ramen all the time for my daughter, I cook the noodles, drain the water, sprinkle just a touch of the seasoning packet and add veggies. Wa-la. Decent, easy and fast noodle and veggie dish.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I would guess NOT, but I have never checked. My husband and son eat them and the smell makes me nauseous.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    My middle son doesn"t cook them or use seasoning. He spreads peanut butter on the uncooked noodle brick.
  • ciarrancory0423
    Options
    Mmm... I love them!!
    However; I feel like a BLOWFISH after eating them. Major water retention!!
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I don't know if anyone else has posted this, but I understand that the noodles aren't dried, they are fried, so the fat content is also very, very high.

When I'm dying for noodles I use rice noodles in some chicken broth with a spoonful of miso paste and a bunch of vegetables. Tastes yummy, and the miso satisfies my urge for salt.