Jillian on Biggest Loser... too much?

Options
Holy crap! I forgot how much Jillian YELLS and belittles her team members! I don't think I could work out under those conditions! Any thoughts?

Replies

• Susay2942
    Susay2942 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I dont think I could either!
  • lose4good1
    lose4good1 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I am wondering if some of that is for the show. She always has been a yeller but she is worst. Álthough you cant argue with her results.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I dont think I could either!

I would most likely give her a punch in the face if she spoke to me the way she does some of the contestants.
    No excuse to treat other human beings as if they are dirt under her feet.
  • appelsiinipuu
    appelsiinipuu Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Jillian has always been my favourite one of the trainers!
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    too much... AWESOMENESS!!!!! ummmm... yeah, i'm team jillian all the way :wink:
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Maybe one of the reasons her team only has 2 left.....
  • ambervaldez79
    ambervaldez79 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I like her a lot, but she does take the insults a bit far.
  • calsnotcarbs
    Options
    I agree with you that she yells too much but she knows what she's doing. When I think these people are going to keel over and die, she knows they need to be forced to work to prove to themselves that they can do it. I think she's amazing at what she does and am glad she's back on the show.
  • ambervaldez79
    ambervaldez79 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Yes, I was sad to see them both leave ESPECIALLY the guy that really wanted to be there. :/
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Love her. Go hard or go home.
  • traceybarbour
    traceybarbour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Go hard or go home! If that much money was on the table with a hot bod to go with it I would want someone to push my azz like she does!
  • traceybarbour
    traceybarbour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Love her. Go hard or go home.
    lol we posted this at the exact same time...lol
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I have NOTHING good to say about her.
  • sbodi88
    sbodi88 Posts: 18
    Options
    Maybe one of the reasons her team only has 2 left.....

HAHA! good point!!!! shes a good trainer but... settle down!!! sheesh
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I dealt with Company Commanders in boot camp, compared to them Jillian is a saint.
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    She is too much for me...she just a bully!
  • IndigoFlowers
    IndigoFlowers Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I used to be too ashamed of how badly I let my weight get out of control so I would never watch the biggest loser...

but now that I have lost the weight I wanted to see if I would have a different perspective of the biggest loser, but it makes me feel terrible watching it. I see all those women starting at weights I started at, but I never went through any insults or screaming at me to get me to move. I was motivating myself in a kind and gentle way, I understand it's tv, and its supposed to be dramatic, but I almost cant bear to watch it! Especially with all the yelling, and then the weigh-ins where people are upset and unsatisfied with a 12 pound loss in a week.

Everyone is motivated differently I guess?
  • MDawg81
    MDawg81 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I think her methods work for some people, but not for all. She's treated everyone like that, and just this season has anyone told her to her face that won't work with me. She just needs to realize people respond to different things.
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I think she does it for two reasons. Obviously, the drama for the show. But I think she also has the mindset that drill sergeants do when trying to get soldiers to their breaking point so that they can build them back up again to be stronger. Like she pushes them to hit rock bottom so that the only way to go is up.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    It's television.....all for ratings. Just like Simon Cowell.