Raspberry Ketones for the rest of us!

Options

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Great post and I agree on all points. My add would be this--- eat clean (or cleaner). My first six months of loss was filled with 100 calorie packs or crap, lean cuisine, etc. you get so much more food and flavor when you take the time to prepare your own food. Plus, its easier to track.

FOOT STOMP. You are so right. I wasted a lot of time screwing around with lo-cal this and that. I found myself much more satisfied eating the same number of calories in real butter than margarine, as it were.

Totally agree. While I would never describe my diet as clean, I eat a lot more whole foods. I don't mess with any 'diet' foods really, with a few exceptions that I actually like.

When I tried to satisfy cravings with those 100-cal things, this is what would happen: I would crave a brownie, and then have 100-cal this not-brownie, and 100-cal that not brownie and eventually another 100-cal this not brownie, when the craving could have been satisfied with half the total calories by having a small real brownie in the first place.
  • Tracytxray
    Options
    Great post! Thanks Bean!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I wish I had something useful to add but it's already been said. You didn't leave me any room.

Soo uhhh...eat ice cream and/or beer? That's the best I can do.
  • hatethegame
    hatethegame Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Will you marry me?
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I wish I had something useful to add but it's already been said. You didn't leave me any room.

:flowerforyou:
  • dawnerika
    dawnerika Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    First off - you look fantastic!! You speak words of wisdom and I really appreciate you taking the time to post this. Thank you, I needed to read that :)
  • dangerxbadger
    dangerxbadger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Inspiring! Great work, and great advice!
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I've got one!

Set goals! Not just weight loss goals, but running or lifting or whatever-exercise-you-do goals.

Try to consistently progress towards those goals.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    By the way, Beans ... :flowerforyou:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Yay, Bean!

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmm Bacon!
  • jeaninemckinney
    jeaninemckinney Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    :drinker: wow i loved this and im saving to read again later! So greatly worded and what i needed to hear! Got me out of my slump! thank you:bigsmile: and u look simply amazing! keep it up...cuz its working! :flowerforyou:
  • sarahz5
    sarahz5 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Yay, Bean!

That's what *I* was gonna say! Sheesh! <creativity zapped>

ETA - And you look totally strong and completely hawt.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

:drinker:
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    All you do is win!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Yay, Bean!

Well, thank you. That's very kind of you. :flowerforyou:

(Oh, you were talking about Bean? Ok. :ohwell: :kicks rocks:)
  • sarahz5
    Options

One thing to reiterate: don't cling to numbers from TDEE calculators if your results prove them wrong. If I started again, I'd test out mfp's maintenance numbers first. It might or might not cause a slight delay in starting your weight loss, but at least you'd know if mfp was a good calculator for you without accidentally eating too little. I have yet yo find a calculatoor that works for me, but mfp was one of the worst.

I want to second this. I remember when I first got here and started reading about TDEE and BMR and I thought I didn't want to "waste time" upping my calories or trying to figure out what my maintenance calories were. If you are going to succeed, you are in this for the loooooong haul - your lifetime, in fact. So taking a month or even two to figure out what your optimal intake is to maximize energy while still eating at a deficit is well worth the investment.

This patience is key in so many ways. I have a bunch of friends who just realized they have been freaking out every month over "weight gains" that are nothing more than hormonal fluctuations. Weight loss is not linear, you will not lose exactly what you are shooting for every week, and chances are very, very good that even if you eat at a deficit all the time, there will be weeks and most definitely days when the scale shows a gain. If you know that you are exercising and eating at a moderate deficit, like Bean suggested, in the long run you WILL get healthy, strong, and smaller.
  • sarahz5
    Options
    Yay, Bean!

Well, thank you. That's very kind of you. :flowerforyou:

(Oh, you were talking about Bean? Ok. :ohwell: :kicks rocks:)

Welp, I knew that was coming before I hit post, so take that as you will. :wink:
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Awesome awesome post!!

My only addition would be that while metabolically/scientifically you are NOT a special snowflake... you are unique... in that you will have personal preferences about how you like to live... If those preferences don't break Beans' rules then don't feel like you have to change everything about yourself...

you like pizza - eat it (just hit your cals and macros)
    you hate breakfast - skip it (just hit your cals and macros)
    you like to snack at night - snack it (just hit your cals and macros)
    you love to run (weirdos) - run it (just hit and eat your cals)
    You hate to run - DON'T run it (just hit your cals)
    etc etc etc

Don't make it sooooo hard by trying to become a completely new person.
    Not every single thing about you is wrong!
  • vj2wis
    vj2wis Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    ,.:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!