The Most Important Thing You Have Learned From MFP

Options
12345679»

Replies

• glenette1
    glenette1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    That there people out there just like me!
  • janlee_001
    janlee_001 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    That I was eating way more calories than I realized.
  • kittenbobitten
    kittenbobitten Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I guess I have two:

I am not alone in my struggle...

and...

It CAN be done!! Success is available to all of us!
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    I've learned that I'm not alone. I've learned the importance of paying close attention to what I'm eating and what it does for me. I've learned that there are people out there who have hot bodies, who make me a little jealous and self conscious, but it turns out that some of them used to be like me. They know what it feels like to be in my shoes. And it is totally possible to look like that if I put my mind to it.,
  • Juliann4k9
    Juliann4k9 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    bump, lts of great information:wink:
  • erinashley91
    Options
    The most important thing I have learned from MFP is portion control.

I used to eat at least 2-3 servings and thought that it was alright because there was lots of vegetables in it or something silly like that. I would lie to myself and so I got nowhere.

MFP really has changed my life.
  • kestrel359
    kestrel359 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I learned that I am an above-average speller.

Me too :bigsmile:
  • divacat80
    divacat80 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    What's the most important thing you have learned on MFP? Mine is that you don't have to starve yourself to lose weight! Actually, it's much better if you don't!

This. I learned about BMR, TDEE, calorie deficits and macros and i never understood any of that.
    Before i joined MFP i had been on a diet for 8 months and was actually undereating without being aware of it! Since I'm still brainwashed to think that I have to put very little on my plate I'm sticking to MFP to eat the right amount of food.
    I've never felt hungry, not even when I was undereating, but now I feel so much better because my body is getting the proper nutrition according to my current weight, physical activities and sports, and my goals.

I'm so happy that I joined!
  • turquoise3
    turquoise3 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    What's the most important thing you have learned on MFP? Mine is that you don't have to starve yourself to lose weight! Actually, it's much better if you don't!

Mine is exactly the same as you! As well as, i feel better the more healthy & varied diet i keep :) Oh, and you can have LOTS more of healthy snacks :)