Any new runners?

Options
I'm starting on Wednesday. Anyone want to join me? Maybe, if we add each other as friends we can encourage each other.
Running shoes at the ready?

I'm off to work now but I'll be back to see if anyone's interested later!

Replies

• shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Im not exactly new to running but I'm starting my marathon program tonight with a 4 miler :) add me if you want, I always encourage runs :)
  • astridlind22
    Options
    i'm a new runner. I'm starting week 2 of C25K today :-)
    Feel free to add me :)
  • mumof5
    mumof5 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    not new to running off steam but new to training for a 1/2 marathon. 4 weeks to go until the big day!

BTW - where on earth is that little piece of hevan in your profile pic???? looks like my dream back yard!
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Lovely to meet you all! See you after tomorrow's run!

The little bit of heaven is the Brittany coast line.
  • CherriB0mb
    Options
    I was new, hurt my shin, and now I'm back! My goal is to run 20 races this season. The only definitive races I have are the Shamrock Shuffle (8K) in April, Half Marathon in October and the Color Run (5K) in October. Just started with Hal Higdon's 8K training program Monday so I can slowly build the muscles in my feet, ankles, and shins--unlike before when I just started running without a plan of gradual increase. After the 8 weeks are up I'll move on to Half training.

I'd love to have some fellow runners as friends on here and Fitbit. :-)
  • Rosie5230
    Rosie5230 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    ME! One of my new goals is to run a 5k this spring....I have no idea how to begin other than trying to run a little longer each time i go to the gym.....
  • contlm
    contlm Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Well, I have not officially started, but signed up for a partner at the gym. I need someone to run/train with me otherwise, I know I will lose motivation. My goal is to be able to run a 5k this spring.
  • painauxraisin
    Options
    This is great and so motivating!! I can't wait to get out there this afternoon!
  • painauxraisin
    Options
    ME! One of my new goals is to run a 5k this spring....I have no idea how to begin other than trying to run a little longer each time i go to the gym.....

Good luck with starting to run. When are you heading out?
  • dream_big
    dream_big Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I've been running for about 5 months, started with c25k just about done 10k for pink. Think ill continue with this distance for a bit and then tackle a 1/2 marathon training plan. Don't really plan on doing any races but more for breaking my own personal records but who knows what the future holds. Always like more running friends so feel free to add me
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I will hopefully be starting running again next week after I get the okay from my physiotherapist (pending the treadmill test run/walk going well). I will be doing Couch to 5k again, or maybe a modified version of it depending how my recovering knee handles it. I have done the program before and was working on the Bridge to 10k, I recommend both programs for sure!

Welcome to the world of running. :)
  • astridlind22
    Options
    Did day 1 week 2 of C25K yesterday. Wow! I can already feel a difference!
    Never thought i would run 1 minute, and when it said i need to run 1,5 minute i thought "NO WAY!".. but i did it - without any breaks!

This week's gonna be great!
  • JacquiDawn
    Options
    Went to the gym yesterday, and I was extremely proud of beating the person next to me on the treadmill. I know it's not a competition, but I have never EVER considered myself to be a runner, but I managed to run for 30 mins at a quicker speed than the person next to me, and that made me really proud.
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I was new last year, did C25k and 8 races last year....but i'm also still pretty "new" as a runner...i'm not fast or anything, but i still love pushing myself and doing races and what not.....sooo...if any of you guys want, feel free to add :)
  • louiloui123
    louiloui123 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Ran for 30mins on monday I hope to build up slowly and although im achy i feel good
  • _jkr
    _jkr Posts: 24
    Options
    I'm starting C25K on Monday! I used to do sports so I'm not particularly new but I'm rearing to start over (:
  • kadebonis123
    Options
    I am on week 3 of C25K... in serious need of motivation. My legs are KILLING me!!!
  • RunningMs
    RunningMs Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm starting again after being put off track by an injury in August. Hopefully I will be able to do a 5K or 10K by the end of February.
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    I started 2weeks ago and have so far done 3 runs (8.5miles, 15.1miles and 8.3miles), also signed up for my local half marathon in March. Got my running watch the other day so exciting times and hopefully it'll help me up the pace.

Oh and hello, how rude of me
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    YOou should use Runkeeper app and Gympact, earn some money while you run!