Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hot topic for Wednesday: How would you feel if...

oregonzoo
oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
Your significant other was airing out grievences on your relationship on one of their social media sites/message boards/facebook?

Just curious what people would think.. with all the stuff posted on here...how they'd feel if the shoe was on the other foot.

Replies

• Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    I wouldn't do that to my SO (if I had one) and I would hope he wouldn't do that to me.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    I would have a problem with it on Facebook or anywhere that we both knew people.

On a random message board, it wouldn't bother me so much. It especially wouldn't bother me if the responses made him think because sometimes he needs that.
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    I've been guilty of doing that and it made my husband furious! I think probably because he was in the wrong...lol But I did end up deleting it all and I've never done it again. I don't hate my husband, but I was venting and wanted some support that he wasn't giving me. In the end all it did was make my friends/family upset with him. I forgave him, but they may not have. Our problems need to stay our problems and not be open for anyone else we actually know.
  • SmexAppeal
    SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
    I would be pissed.
    #1... man up (man or woman) and confront the issue. Discuss it with me.
    #2... don't go blabbing our business all over the place!
    #3... if you seriously need help, seek a professional. You will not find the best advice on social media sites!
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Well it depends. If she's come to me already and expressed her feelings with me. And then she vents and air out her issues in public, then I wouldn't have that much of a problem with it. If airing it out and discussing it with other people makes her feel better, then so be it.

But if instead of discussing with me she's going straight to public/social media, then there's a problem.
  • oregonzoo
    And I must say.. oddly enough it's a little different just keeping a slight issue on your FL, rather than starting a big long thread about it that thousands of people are going to read...
  • andreamarieroberts
    andreamarieroberts Posts: 34 Member
    I would be pissed.
    #1... man up (man or woman) and confront the issue. Discuss it with me.
    #2... don't go blabbing our business all over the place!
    #3... if you seriously need help, seek a professional. You will not find the best advice on social media sites!
    Exactly this!
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    If it were a site where he didn't actually know anyone in person, and he didn't use my name...I don't think I'd care.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    I hate when people cry all over their social networking sites about their personal life.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Mine knows better! I wouldn't do it to him either, not to anyone we know. I might have a vent here and there that I'll post on my MFP status or something.
  • rml_16
    And I must say.. oddly enough it's a little different just keeping a slight issue on your FL, rather than starting a big long thread about it that thousands of people are going to read...
    Very true.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Facebook would be different. People there know us both in real life. Here, I can vent w/o anyone knowing who I'm talking about.
    Frankly, it's a bit better than talking to a friend about it because it's like throwing it out in to the void. Doesn't hurt anything, gets it off my chest.
  • oregonzoo
    I think even worse than creating threads on annonymous message boards, is passive agressive facebook statuses.

"if you love somebody you show them"

"I'm so done"

ect, ect.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    My general take is .. ok, if you start that on facebook .. I'll jump in, and we can have a full-blown argument on your wall ... :)
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Hm... I try not to give my husband a reason to complain about me. If he did have a gripe about something that I was doing, I would expect him to tell me.

I do have a very small network of girlfriends that do hear me gripe here and there. I don't tell them *anything* that I do not flat out say to my husband's face and it's never anything horribly seriously because he's not a complicated husband. It's more of a "I know you guys can relate" thing than a "I hate the *kitten* that I married and hope he dies" conversation. If it was flipped, I wouldn't care................... as long as it was addressed to me, too.
  • My husband and I are very clear that in the heat of the moment it doesn't really matter what we say to one another as long as:

a) we apologise
    b) it is never said anywhere else to anyone else. Internally we might have ructions, but externally we are a team
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Depends on what it was and if we knew anyone in real life. I imagine it would also be interesting to everyone reading the post once I found it . . . public arguments are never pretty.
  • rml_16
    I think even worse than creating threads on annonymous message boards, is passive agressive facebook statuses.

"if you love somebody you show them"

"I'm so done"

ect, ect.
    I don't know if it was about a relationship or what, but one of my FB friends last night posted a PRAYER (actually talking to God) asking for strength on FB, but then refused to tell anyone what she was talking about.

Seriously? Vaguebooking pisses me off in general. I am not a religious person, but I do meditate and things like that and it's so private. Why do you need to put that on FACEBOOK???

I thought it was inappropriate, weird and show-offy.

Sorry. Had to vent about that. lol
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    I am a grown up. I would address relationship issues directly with my husband, if there were a need. He is, too, so we're good.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    If I write anything about my husband here, I always let him read it, so he can have a laugh...