Do you feel like you're invisible or way too visible?

Options
124»

Replies

• Biggoal50
    Biggoal50 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have always been the 'fat friend' or the 'funny best friend'. For some reason, I have always attracted these blonde bombshell type girlfriends. Maybe because I'm not jealous or attention seeking. I have no problem being the sidekick and I'm happily married since 1986. In 2012 I began working out. Mind you, I didn't lose much weight, but I worked out 5-6 times a week beginning in January. Since about September, I have been getting hit on almost everyday. It's crazy and makes me feel weird. People say I've lost weight, but really my clothes fit better and I move more easily. I guess I got some hustle in my bustle. hahaha
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I used to be invisible...or so I thought. But since beginning this journey I've found a new confidence and find I'm not so invisible...unless I want to be. I never thought I would ever turn heads (been way too long!), but lately I have been...so not so invisible anymore (especially when I get glammed up!).

I do find with my husbands family I'm invisible a lot....they are great people...but loud and talk over each other too much. I just sit back and observe.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Nope I love who I am and am not afraid to show it.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I've already posted in this thread 16 times.

74a.jpg
  • jackiebo
    jackiebo Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Oh honey, wait till you reach your 50's if you want to talk about being invisible. Develop yourself, gain self-confidence and don't compare yourself to anyone else. You are who you are, and if you live your authentic life, you will attract the people that you deserve.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Invisible....and I'm pretty much ok with that.
  • bdenitto
    bdenitto Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Reality is that no body wants to date the fat chick. Ok maybe 1 in a million will settle.

I have never felt like someone was settling for me no matter what size I was. My husband is damn lucky to have me. I hope you find some confidence and start placing some value in what you bring to this world.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I'm a combination. I lay low and make minimal fuss about things and all that. However, because of the things I do, EVERYONE knows what questions I can answer. I attempt to be as invisible possible. However, if someone has a bus, technology, or road location question, I'm instantly the brightest blip on their radar.

JM
  • minihaha80
    Options
    Most everyday im invisible, i put on my glasses and comfortable cloths because im just shuttling kids running errands and cleaning. Also, i dont like to take a shower more than once because it dries my skin out and i save it for after i work out. BUT, when i put a lil extra time into becoming visible (20 min. total) i feel like almost everyone at least takes a look, hey they might not like what they see,but im at a point in my life where i like me and idgaf what other ppl think. Being visible/invisible is a transient thing, comes and goes throughout life.
  • FrankenBeanz
    FrankenBeanz Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    This is an interesting question

In work I'm very visable, I'm the one to stand up and make decisions, when our team goes to eat, the waiters always talk directly to me, i'm the youngest and one of two females out of seven. I just feel confident, and so people see me as such...

I have many many invisible moments and places I just never get seen. Its new to me as I've always felt confident, but as I gained more weight, I've lost it... now we're going the other way and I'm sure it'll be back soon!
  • cls_333
    cls_333 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Everybody thinks it's greener on the other side. I hear good looking women complain all the time that all guys want is sex, and none of them want to be just friends. Consider it a blessing. Friends are better :)