been a week no results

Options

Replies

• emilypurplefrog
    emilypurplefrog Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    There are a number of reasons you may not be seeing results. While everyone else is offerring suggestions, I'd suggest to take a look at your sodium intake and make sure you're not going over in sodium. I try and stay under the sodium allotment that MFP gives you. I really aim to eat about half of what MFP gives you.

Also, make sure you're drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day. It really helps!
  • corrinnebrown
    Options
    Are you measuring? Sometimes the inches come off before the weight
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    What results are you looking for in a week? Really a week is not even long enough to see surgery results. Be patient stay consistent and enjoy the changes you are making. It takes a month for anything to become a habit.
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    im not sure what netting or grossing is im just putting in what I eat for the day and its telling me im under the 1200 calorie mark.

He wants to know if you're eating back the calories you burn, working out so if you burned 200 calories exercising you'd eat another 200 calories to keep your daily calories at 1200.
  • mrd4kds
    mrd4kds Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    In the same boat, lol, on Frustration River...but we will succeed :)!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    No, you are not building muscle at 1200 calories + tons of exercise. You are more likely autocannablizing muscle (breaking it down for energy) because you aren't eating enough.
  • wrdl1
    wrdl1 Posts: 16
    Options
    no its usually a lil under 1200
  • TheKeithEllis
    TheKeithEllis Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'd say 1200 is way too low anyway! I set myself up to cap at 2000 calories a day and didn't do any exercise, the weight came off relatively easily just doing this. If you're adding in exercise to the mix, as someone says you'll have to ensure your net calories are at or as close to 1200. I would give your body more calories than 1200 a day though, lower cals does not necessarily mean weight loss!
  • wrdl1
    Options
    yes im eating back the calories I burned
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    yes im eating back the calories I burned

OK, then you're netting 1200. It may well be a little low but at this point patience and consistency are key.
  • wrdl1
    Options
    ok thank you
  • bagsrpacked
    Options
    Are you nursing? If so, your body will go into starvation mode at 1200 calories - you need to make sure that you're only eating high quality calories, too - especially if you're exercising. Eliminate breads and pasta and any other "empty" calories, and focus on getting your calories from protein (egg white, chicken, fish, etc), getting the right amount of good fats (from oily fish, olive oil, etc - or worst case, take a spoonful of cod liver oil - honestly, it's not gross, it's lemon flavored, and it will help get your system working right). If you're cutting out too much fat, your body will do everything it can to hold onto the fat you have. Strange as it is, you have to EAT fat to lose fat. It can take up to a couple weeks for your body to realize that a)you're not starving and b) you're serious about this. I would say, though, that if you have 30 pounds to lose, 1200 calories might be too extreme, especially if you're burning a bunch of calories, too - it would be better to eat a few more "good" calories (make sure they aren't empty) so your body gets the nutrition it needs in order to function and drop the weight properly - also, if you're strength training, you might be losing fat and gaining muscle, so the scale won't move as fast, but you're actually healthier.
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    You have lots of great suggestions so far, but you definitely aren't eating enough, 1200 calories is not enough when you are exercising. Are you bf'ing? If so, you need to add 500 calories to your daily amount. How much water are you drinking? Patience is key but so is eating enough, change your goal to lose 1 pound per week and start eating more.
  • alifer
    alifer Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I would suggest taking measurements of waist, hips, thighs, bust, neck, etc.. Even when you aren't losing pounds you will often see a decrease in the measurements, but I wouldn't take measurements more than once a month. Other changes in your body = are you sleeping better, have more energy through the day?? Stick with it and you will also begin to see changes in the way your clothes fit. Hang in there, and be patient.
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I put my weight and height on calculator here and it told me 1200 is there another place website? that I should be looking at the calorie intake? Thanks
    What's your weekly loss goal? Did you set it to 2lbs like nearly everyone starting out does? a more reasonable goal is 1/2 to 1 lb a week. Nobody believes this. They all want to lose it faster than they gained it. This is one of the more common reasons most people fail at this. You need to make changes that you can sustain long term.
  • wrdl1
    Options
    yay I changed it to 1lb a week and im going to increase my water intake and see what happens :)
  • wrdl1
    Options
    ya I defintley need to start measuring :)
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Hang in there for at least 3 weeks, then adjust.
    ^^^^^^^^
    THIS
    Could not have said it better...:drinker:
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options

In case you missed earlier - read this!
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I put my weight and height on calculator here and it told me 1200 is there another place website? that I should be looking at the calorie intake? Thanks

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

^^ This. Read it. The whole thing. Your questions will be answered. Calculate your TDEE and take a cut from that.