When do you/did you take down your Christmas decorations?

Options
2»

Replies

• dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    They're still up. My wife and I are playing a passive agressive game of "lets see who can wait the longest before going nuts". Well, at least I'm playing. I think she might be oblivious to them.
  • twinmom14ek
    twinmom14ek Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I just started taking them down today. I don't start feeling bad about it until we hit the Epiphany, but anything after is long overdue.
  • tri10806
    tri10806 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    New Years day
    Usually by New Year's Day but it's still up. Maybe tonight after P90X while I'm watching basketball. So it will probably be this weekend!
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    I started today.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    The day after New Years.
  • Dzambhala
    Dzambhala Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I took mine down yesterday, I miss them! Everywhere looks bare now!
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    we take ours down on twelfth night, which is the traditional time to take them down, in fact it is so traditional its older than the US, if you take them down before its bad luck,and if you DON'T take them down then, you are supposed to leave them up all year of its unlucky. I need all the luck I can get, so I stick with tradition lol After all, there are 12 days of Christmas, and even Shakespeare wrote about 12th night

I never knew this! Going to start doing that from now on.
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    If it was up to me my lights would be up all year long... I just love Christmas lights! I took mine down before the new year because I will be out of town most of January :( It was way too soon.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Yesterday