Victory over Coke!!

Options
I am a long time coke drinker, and as of two weeks ago I stopped drinking it cold turkey, drank herbal tea instead and dealt with the caffeine headaches,

Then today i went to a pep rally at my job, and I was late so i snuck in the back and they had sodas and cookies, and so i grabbed a coke and some ice and made my way to a free seat.

Once i sat down i looked in my hand. I took the coke automatically, but then realized...wait a second I am noty having these any more, so i set it on the floor and left it alone.

this was a huge victory for me because I was thirsty, stressed b/c i was late, and then to stop myself after I had grabbed that can out of habit. I was proud and just wanted to share!!

Replies

• Bbwnomore2
    Bbwnomore2 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!!
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Good for you! That is indeed a victory!:smile:

I'm a long time Pepsi drinker, and sometimes it takes every bit of will power I have to not grab a can when I get home in the evenings. As I've been getting used to drinking more water, it's getting a little easier to ignore the Pepsi though :)
  • KarenJean91
    KarenJean91 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's awesome. Nice show of will power :)
  • bassmanlarry
    bassmanlarry Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    WTG! I used to think I had to have soda with every meal. Quit cold turkey and now usually only drink water or coffee, though I do have the occasional Barqs root beer when eating out.
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Thats great :) I've gotten away from pop will be three weeks on Friday. I find drinking herbal tea and water tends to take away those cravings.
  • DJStewie
    DJStewie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Your job has pep rallys?! :smile: What do you do?
  • laura195360
    laura195360 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That is great!!! i haven't had a soda all week. trying to drink water. i still have my coffee in the morning too. Give yourself a pat on the back:)
  • fddc2cpa
    fddc2cpa Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Good job! (Although I probably would have grabbed a couple of cookies if it were me... my absolute weakness!)
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! It takes lots of willpower to overcome a drug addiction; even though I'd never heard of anyone drinking their coke, I'm glad you've made it through this trying time!
  • reree6898
    reree6898 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Good Job! I was truly addicted to Coke & Mt. Dew for years... like at one point I was drinking around a 2liter/day or more. I had my last coke on May 15th of last year. It is not easy but now I feel so much better then I did when I was drinking all that sugar/caffine all day long.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Good job! Cocaine can really mess up someones life! Good for you!
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    That is terrific!! I am addicted to the "fizz," so sometimes a seltzer with lemon or lime helps...
  • whackyjackie
    whackyjackie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great! your post has stopped me heading for the coke too!!!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I still have a problem with coke /sniff
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Dropping a Coke habit is tough!
  • rockstar4Him
    Options
    Your job has pep rallys?! :smile: What do you do?

I work in the finance industry,(BORING) it was just a kick off meeting for the year, but they called it a pep rally....not what most people picture for a pep rally, but it was fun for the most part,
  • rockstar4Him
    Options
    Great! your post has stopped me heading for the coke too!!!

Awesome I'm so glad!!! You can do it!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    GOod for you! The soda addiction is a hard one to shake!!
  • jenr8er
    jenr8er Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm really impressed! If there are free beverages or snacks available, I typically (mindlessly) grab something. And then beat myself up afterwards. Good for you for hitting the pause button long enough to make a good choice.
  • moore7600
    Options
    Congratulations. I used to drink 2 litres of the stuff a day and i weined myself off it slowly. I tried some recently and it tastes vile trust me if you give it up you will never look back and I substitute coke/diet coke for fizzy water and for some flavour add a slice of lemon or lime.